PDA

View Full Version : bilt-rite comes thru with flying colours !!

marcdups
08-25-2004, 04:38 PM
Got my rear replacement seat a minute ago and the quality and craftsmanship is TOP NOTCH, thanks Bob, maybe next year we will do the whole boat !!

Again WOW :rlol: :rlol:

Mr X
08-25-2004, 04:57 PM
Marc,
please shoot me an email.
tedwork@tampabay.rr.com

marcdups
08-25-2004, 05:10 PM
Done Ted, u got mail :cistineb:

Forrest
08-26-2004, 02:45 PM
I'm still waiting . . .

Mr X
08-26-2004, 03:24 PM
Me too.....

Hey Towel Boy..... Nice Avitar!! :rlol:

marcdups
08-26-2004, 06:51 PM
Ted the avitar is not my doing, I wish I was a puter wizz like you guys but to no avail, other than that , Forrest what are u waiting for ?? no I did not win the POWERBALL last night, LOL :smash: :smash:

Forrest
08-31-2004, 10:23 AM
I got my second toneau cover for my X-18 from Bob at the new Bilt-Rite last week ($432.20 delivered) . It was on my door step when I got home after making the "Still waiting . . ." post above. The first one was one he had in stock that was built by the late great John Harmon. Unfortunately, the first on was built for an X-18 with port steering, and my X-18 has a starboard helm. The snaps align perfectly with the boat on the first cover, but the cover that I just received came with the snaps in a bag. Bob said that he wanted me to put the snaps in since the snap holes in his template he got from John Harmon were very worn and he could not insure the accuracy of all the snaps' locations. Bummer. :confused: I don't know about you guys, but I suck at doing snaps, and I find that the little nylon die and hammer punch tool that you find in West Marine and elsewhere don't work worth a crap. In order to do snaps correctly, you need to use a professional (and expensive) compound leverage snap installation tool. You know, you pay premium dollars for this stuff from Bilt-Rite and you expect the job to be complete. I do still have the first toneau cover he sent me that I will be sending back after the Labor Day weekend, but before I do that, I will be using it as a template to mark the snap locations for my second tounau cover. I will either have to buy a real snap tool or take it to a local marine upholstery shop to have them install the snaps. Either way, I'll be spending more dough and wasting more time.

The only real way to install snaps correctly (like the factory) so they don't pull off in a year or so is by using the tool as shown below. Only $140!

--------------
PS. I just got a call from Bob at Bilt-Rite to let me know that he was sorry that I'm dissapointed and that he in fact told me prior to shipping the second cover that he was not going to install the snaps. Sorry Bob that I didn't make that clear above write up. Also I want to make clear that the quality of the toneau cover is first rate - none better - and I still highly recommend Bilt-Rite for all of your classic Donzi upholstery needs.

Mr X
08-31-2004, 12:52 PM
Forrest, I have THAT tool as shown in the photo,
you are welcome to borrow it.
Can you buy the snaps for it or do you have them?
I dont have any. I can UPS the tool to you.
Ted

Forrest
08-31-2004, 12:54 PM
Thanks Ted, but Bob of Bilt-Rite is sending me one of his to borrow. Thank you Bob!