PDA

View Full Version : tampa or st.pete

smokediver
08-24-2004, 01:05 PM
A good friend of mine is going up to the game on sunday . where is a nice kid friendly place to stay ? They are making a long weekend out of it . thanks in advance !

Fish boy
08-24-2004, 05:24 PM
Smokediver,
how old are the kids? Do they like beach stuff? Are they thinking of taking in bush gardens while up here? Adventure Island water park? Shopping?

Glad to see you posting, I hope things are looking up down south after Charlie.

fish

smokediver
08-24-2004, 05:55 PM
thanks fish , things are great here ... not so good in port charlotte though . we were sending crews since the next day but we are pulling out now . Miami Dade and Tampa Fire really had it together there .Miami sent 12 Rescues and 6 engines plus the union sent up there mobile canteen. Tampa fire sent a little less but it was an awesome sight to see all the help there and how fast they were there . The kids are 9 and I think they are going to stay at Don Cesar . Just going up to relax I guess ... thanks again ...

Fish boy
08-24-2004, 06:30 PM
No problem, the Don was on my short list of recomendations. glad things are great with you too, and I am sure the folks in PG are very thankful for all the hard work you guys and girls put in to help during and after the storm. Take care,

fish

Team Hula Girl
08-24-2004, 06:53 PM
Smoke, good to see you posting. if the beach is in mind for the kids the Don Cesar is awesome. As is the Tradewinds, Mirage, Etc. If they want to stay in Tampa they can go to Busch Gardens for the day before the game. If they just want to stay in Tampa, they can stay at the Mariott waterside in Downtown and go to the aquarium. There is a nature watch boat tour that leaves from the aqaurium every couple of hours if they want to go for a boat ride.

Good luck with PC and PG. Hopefully we will see you at the Hometown Rally.

J Mitch.

smokediver
08-25-2004, 06:46 AM
thanks guys ... I think they are settling on don cesar . I will see you at the rally !