PDA

View Full Version : Flooring

florida gator
08-23-2004, 09:43 PM
I am about to have my floors redone due to a soft spot. When speaking with the guy at the glass shop, he recomends a "raindrop" non skid finish. I currently have carpet and do not want to go with that again. I have considered the Perelli but think it's a little on the pricey side. Is anyone else familiar with the "raindrop" or any other finish I should looK at?

Lenny
08-23-2004, 09:52 PM
Raindrops are a larger diameter bump than most of the textured in-mold processes. Personally, (on a sailboat) I like the stipple or "sand" non-skid finishes (even symetrical patterns) as they keep you you are supposed to be,..BUT, they grab dirt and with marking soles, they store it in the finish for you. It is VERY hard to scrub off and a pain. If the raindrops have a smooth topside on the half circle then they will probably be fine. I do not personally have any experience with walking, (staying upright) on this particular non-skid pattern.

Trueser
08-23-2004, 10:42 PM
What do you think a fair repair price would be? I have the same problem on my 22. I would say the whole floor needs to be replaced, Do you have to do a top off or can this be done by just cutting out the floor and replacement?

gold-n-rod
08-24-2004, 07:18 AM
I have considered the Perelli but think it's a little on the pricey side.

I have about $70 into my Pirelli tiles plus $120 for the adhesive. I thought that was pretty reasonable.

another Randy