PDA

View Full Version : SEADOGs in Palatka, November

Last Tango
08-22-2004, 03:31 PM
Okay, gang, here is the scoop for this year's event. I have carefully scanned all the football schedules for November and my PERSONAL schedule for November. Below are the schedules for the weekends of November 13-14 and 20-21. We are doing it a few weeks earlier this year in order to avoid the chilling winds we have had the last two years in December. Seems like we have always missed the best weather by a couple weeks so that is why we are going earlier.

NCAA football
November 13th
Seminoles play on Thursday night the 11th so that will NOT be a factor for THAT weekend.
Hurricanes are AT Virginia
Gators are HOME against South Carolina (possibly a room problem on Friday and Saturday night if we stay at the Holiday Inn or NOT a factor if we stay at Porkey's Landing).
Bulldogs are AT Auburn

November 20th
Seminoles HOME against the Gators
Hurricanes HOME against Wake Forest
Bulldogs have that weekend OPEN

NFL Football
November 14
Jaguars at HOME
Dolphoins BYE
Bucs AWAY

November 21
Jaguars HOME
Dolphins AWAY
Bucs HOME

So that should just about cover who cares about what on those weekends. Looks to me like NOVEMBER 13th is the best weekend to do our event this year.
The Lake Lanier Crowd needs to log in and send any schedule problems you folks may have.
I'm going to check with the Holiday Inn and see what they have on the books for those two weekends.

Friday will be arrivals and dinner at Angels Diner across the street from the Holiday Inn or the Wild Hog Saloon if we stay at Porkey's.
Last year we went downtown to the Jacksonville Landing for lunch. This year I plan to maundefinedke Porkey's Landing our Saturday lunch stop, followed by the usual cavorting about in Silver Glen Springs. We will see if Ted shows up to defend his Wild Hog Burger title. Saturday night we will go to Gator Landing for dinner. This is a new restaurant on the water in Palatka. We can boat or drive.
Sunday morning we will explore some of the major creeks off of the St. Johns River. We will go North to the OutBack CrabShack for lunch at noon. That will give the out-of-towners plenty of time to return to Palatka and get home.
Okay, lets hear it for which weekend you prefer.

SEE POSTS #12, #16, #17, AND #26 FOR THE LATEST INFO!

Cuda
08-22-2004, 04:50 PM
Mark, how far is it from Silver Glen to Palatka? I was at the Glen today.

Fish boy
08-22-2004, 07:21 PM
weekend of the 13th looks better for me although I hate to miss the canes v. virginia. Guess it is better than missing the gators treat the noles like new boy in prison though LOL

Are we staying in the place that has the signs that read "no fish cleaning in rooms" again? LOL

Good idea to move it up a little to make sure the weather cooperates. We don't want mother nature ti wip up on of those frigid 50 degree winters that roll through the land of the seadogs from time to time.

fish

Speed-Racer
08-22-2004, 08:28 PM
Cuda it's about 35 miles or so...

You can pick up a little milage card at any river resturant/marina. Mine gives milage North and South from the 44 bridge to many various points.

Last Tango, I'm ready to tango on the river in November! :hyper: Maybe it won't be as cold, although the racing helmets, and racing jackets with intercom were fun.

Fishyboy the Holiday Inn In Palatka is the choice by most, food/gas place's are found close by, and they have a really good breakfeast, and dinner buffet :yes:

Saturday Run North to Jax, then South Sunday to Porky's(Home of the SEA DOGS) and/or Silver Glenn also.

Cuda
08-22-2004, 08:40 PM
Cuda it's about 35 miles or so...

You can pick up a little milage card at any river resturant/marina. Mine gives milage North and South from the 44 bridge to many various points.

Do you have one you can scan?

Speed-Racer
08-22-2004, 09:45 PM
Scanner not working with me... :fire:

Miles North from the Deland HW44 bridge

St. Farncis 3.2
Mud Lake 6.2
Lake Dexter 12.0
Astor Bridge 17.1
S. End Lake George 22.0
N. End Lake Geroge 33.8
Oklawaha River 43.2
Welake 44.8
Buffalo Bluff 54.1
Dunna Creek 57.6
Palatka Bridge 65.3
Green Cove Bridge 93.7
JAX I-95 Brdige 120.0

Dunns Creek looks like a long fun run, and it's deep, anyone ever been down it? No wake zone?
It runs to Crecent Lake which has a good resturant, and a city ramp with great docks, from what I've looked up...

florida gator
08-23-2004, 09:31 PM
Would love to make one of these events sooner or later. Can't do it when the Gators are home. I have done the run to Palatka and it is a lot of fun. Look forward to doing it again soon.

Budmann
08-24-2004, 10:03 AM
I'm in Had a blast last year!

pmreed
08-24-2004, 10:43 AM
Weekend of the 13th OK; the 20th my daughter's getting married in Asheville, so that's a no go for me.

Phil

catch 22
08-24-2004, 12:18 PM
20 - 21 works for me. I have 6 days off from work then. If not this year maybe next year. :wavey:

Last Tango
08-25-2004, 07:55 PM
Okay, Phase Two of the planning is now in progress. I called the Holiday Inn in Palatka, today. Spoke with the group rates folks and the found out which was the better weekend for them, rooms-wise. They would love to have us on the weekend of November 12-14. I have a group rate for us. If you prefer a waterfront view it is more expensive (duh!) than the town view. However the town view provides you with a clear view of your boat while it is on the trailer. If you choose to keep your boat at their dock on Friday or Saturday night it is free, but you may also want to choose the waterfront rooms. We have a nice selection of rooms to pick from: Upstairs or downstairs (all non-smoking), riverfront or parking lot (excuse me, Town View), king or two doubles.
Riverfront King - $75/night
Riverfront doubles - $69/night
City View King - $70/night
City View doubles - $64/night
Make your reservation under the Donzi Boat Club before October 12th (NLT 30 days before event). After October 12th the rooms will be released and you are at the mercy of the market and the higher room rates going into effect September 1st (I contracted today in order to get the "old" group rates).
Call the Palatka Holiday Inn- Riverfront reservation desk, (386) 328-4686 and tell them you are with the Donzi Boat Club (I figured it would be waayy too hard to go with our SEADOG moniker - especially if you can't remember "seadogs" when you are guessing what what name we are reserved under). Don't do it tonight as I have not signed the contract until I get it in the mail this week and return it over the weekend and the front desk won't have a clue as to what you are talking about.
Time for late season fun in the sun!
Hey! All you snowbirds! Last chance before you winterize!!! We will "winterize" by running the freshwater St. Johns River through our engines and exhaust manifolds... and then do it some more every weekend in Florida. Become an "Official SEADOG" by eating a Ted-burger (oops, Wild Hog Burger) at Porkey's Landing, and swim in NOVEMBER in the cool crystal waters of Silver Glen Springs. Beats the heck out of shovelling snow. :biggrin:

Cuda
08-26-2004, 10:07 PM
Mark, let us know when we can make reservations. I'm definetly not missing this one.

Cuda
08-27-2004, 08:42 AM
There is a group of Formula owners that want to have just such an event in the same area. I contacted Mark (Last Tango) to see if it was ok to have them join us. He said it was a great idea, so I'm going to let the Formula boys know about it too. It should be a great time. Looks like I'll have to bring two boats now. I better get Debbie some seat time on the Minx by herself. :biggrin.:

Last Tango
08-27-2004, 12:06 PM
I gotta tell you I'm excited about this event, especially with the Formula gang joining us. Could be a LOT of fun. Just think of how many of THOSE folks need to eat a Ted-Burger! My brain is already in high gear thinking about a regular joint event name. You have heard of the Bourne Conspiracy and the Davinci Code, I think we could have fun with:
The Donzi Formula or Formula Donzi
and with a Magnum in the crowd we could stretch it further to "The Don Quixote" which would stand for "Don's Quick Ones"
Okay, "Earth to Mark"...

Last Tango
08-27-2004, 08:04 PM
OKAY! I have the contract in hand and I have signed it and will return it personally this weekend. You can start making your reservations on MONDAY, August 30th. The phone number to call is (386) 328-4686 (same as posted above) and it is the hotel sales office so I'm thinking it is probably during normal daytime business hours Monday-Friday. Make your reservations under the DONZI BOAT CLUB name. Plenty of rooms for everyone to get what they want, but remember to do it before OCTOBER 12th afterwhich the rooms will be released to the general public.
Let's get a BIG turnout!

Last Tango
08-27-2004, 08:22 PM
The September 2004 issue of Trailer BOATS magazine has a spectacular major feature on the St. Johns River including ramps, marinas, restaurants, things to see and do, and maps and photos of the cool stuff. If you are on the fence about this event or have never boated the St. Johns River, read this article.
Then make your reservation...

Cuda
08-27-2004, 08:35 PM
I'm calling in the morning. Thanks for the leg work Mark.

DonziMama
08-27-2004, 11:05 PM
Sounds like a good time. How far is Palatka from Astor, FL (Blair's Jungle Den) I have been boating in river racers on the St. John's and it sure is beautiful. The Silver Glen is a really fun place to party, but since the "NO ALCOHOL" rule, it may have changed. Boy, we sure did have some fun. How far is the drive from the Tampa Bay area to Palatka?

pmreed
08-28-2004, 09:16 AM
Two years ago, we stayed at Blair's and our Saturday run was up to Palatka for lunch at the diner, then back in the afternoon. A few boats got side-tracked and ended up in Silver Glen. Seem as though the run up was 45 miles or so. Kind of a rough ride up Lake George as the COLD :chillpill wind was really kicking up. Some of the Tampa Bay guys'll have your road info.

Phil

Cuda
08-28-2004, 01:16 PM
According to the chart, it's 48 miles from Palatka to Astor.

DonziMama
08-28-2004, 06:18 PM
So Palatka is approx. 50 miles north and closer to Jacksonville, huh? I would assume that is about a 3-4 hour drive from good ole St. Pete.

Cuda
08-28-2004, 07:57 PM
That's about right. I used to make St Pete to Jax in about 4 to 4.5 hours depending on traffic.

Budmann
08-28-2004, 08:50 PM
Donzi Mama... Fishboy (my brother) lives in Treasure Island. I live in Palm Harbor. You are welcome to follow us up. Great folks going. Had a blast last year.(except it was COLD).
We would love to have you join our convoy. I know Donzi jodi would welcome you with open arms.If you need to call us and set it up, you can reach us at 727.251.6788 or Jodi's number is 432.9432. Look forward to hearing from you.

Buddy and Jodi

Big Pimpin
08-29-2004, 12:23 PM
BP is always up for a party!! I'll bring da 40's, courvosier, and sum phillies, just need a hook up on da h20. Are there any rooms with jacuzzis in them?

Last Tango
08-29-2004, 03:26 PM
OKAY, boys and girls, start calling for your reservations. I delivered the contract today and made my reservation. And... Hey!... the old salts in the group like me and GCarter or anyone else who can prove they are at least 50 years old, get an ADDITIONAL 10% discount off ALL the group rate rooms which works out to $57-something for the City (parking lot) View doubles. Be sure to mention the Senior Discount. I'll be in room 115, very close to the vending machines (ice). Parking lot is excellent (all paved) and the docks and pool looked great.
They are no longer a Holiday Inn, but are becoming a Quality Inn. However, they are just for now an independent called Riverfront Inn. Angels Diner is still just across the street, Gator Landing across the river, the city ramp and gas right there, and they still have the awesome Sunday brunch. What else did we need?

Cuda
08-29-2004, 03:36 PM
Being near the ice machine cuts both ways. It's nice when you need ice, but it sucks when someone is out there at 2 am filling up on ice. :)

We'll make ours tomorrow. I'm missing the discount age by one year and one month.

Last Tango
08-29-2004, 03:43 PM
Yep, you are totally correct, but I'm happy to be on the ground floor, and happy to be IN at the INN. And I'm right next to the walk-through to the marina. Admittedly also a good/bad situation. But I'll trade the occasional footsteps and ice gathering for "uh!-uhhh!!!- UUUUUnnnnaaahhhh!!!!" all night long in the room next door. (I'm just jealous). :biggrin:

Big Pimpin
08-29-2004, 03:50 PM
Yep, you are totally correct, but I'm happy to be on the ground floor, and happy to be IN at the INN. And I'm right next to the walk-through to the marina. Admittedly also a good/bad situation. But I'll trade the occasional footsteps and ice gathering for "uh!-uhhh!!!- UUUUUnnnnaaahhhh!!!!" all night long in the room next door. (I'm just jealous). :biggrin:I just got room 116! I will try to keep the noise down, but if were rockin it wit da ice, who knows!!!:biggrin: :beer: Feel free stop stop by da crib and halla at da honies.

Last Tango
08-29-2004, 03:59 PM
BP,
Whyja think I wanted to be NEXT to the ICE MACHINE for! I got my own thing happinen. Hey, but if the bitches get old we can swap em out, huh. Or we hit Angels Diner and get some young fresh and may take some knuckleheads' F150 for a little ride when we kit him out and take HIS chic. In Palatka, by the time they're legal, they don't have many teeth left.

gcarter
08-29-2004, 04:58 PM
LT, I came to realize I was getting older when going to the Wendys drive through, they would quote me one price on the speaker and a lower price when I drove up for the food. :rlol: :jestera:

Big Pimpin
08-29-2004, 06:02 PM
BP,
Whyja think I wanted to be NEXT to the ICE MACHINE for! I got my own thing happinen. Hey, but if the bitches get old we can swap em out, huh. Or we hit Angels Diner and get some young fresh and may take some knuckleheads' F150 for a little ride when we kit him out and take HIS chic. In Palatka, by the time they're legal, they don't have many teeth left.Ayyyit! Big ups LT, Respect. don't worry bout the teeth, I'll bring an extra gold chain, melt it down, and we'll make em sum. No F150's fo da kid tho unless its rollin on dubbs.

GCarter gots da hook up at wendy's yaa hurrrrd!

Loooks like we got a party up in dis mug.:beer:

ToonaFish
08-29-2004, 08:20 PM
On the off chance that I will be able to attend a Seadogs event in, oh, say, the next decade or so, will someone volunteer to translate for our new resident dentist, Big Pippin?

:shocking: :smileybo: :shocking:

Bunches,

Celene "and I thought Griz's spelling was bad..."

Last Tango
08-29-2004, 08:25 PM
'Toona,
As you can clearly see, the Dude's totally down wid it. Cleanly inside. Jackin' and packin'. We finally have some real class in the SEADOGs.

Last Tango
08-29-2004, 08:41 PM
BP,
Save the bling-bling for NaughtyShannon. I was referring more to da natural "convenience" of their lack of teeth, can ya see?

ToonaFish
08-29-2004, 08:45 PM
As long as no one gets up in my grill...

Bunches,

Celene 'in Atlanta where the players play...'

Last Tango
08-29-2004, 08:58 PM
Toona,
I realize it is quite a hike for you Near-the-Mountains folks, but maybe you could stir up Bill and Randy and Joe and Tom a bit. I haven't seen them check onto this thread yet, and they have always made a shot at it in the past.
And I don't expect Big Pimpin (was your referral to him as Big Pippin a typo, a reference to Scotty, or a literary metaphorical salutation) to be in your Grill ('grille' if you're Cajun). I have the feeling he is just a Teddy Bear like all the rest of those guys in Raiford.

Cuda
08-29-2004, 09:23 PM
On the off chance that I will be able to attend a Seadogs event in, oh, say, the next decade or so, will someone volunteer to translate for our new resident dentist, Big Pippin?

:shocking: :smileybo: :shocking:

Bunches,

Celene "and I thought Griz's spelling was bad..."

I have a feeling BP is a regular board memeber with a ghost writer name, much as Jack Frost. :bighug:

Cuda
08-29-2004, 09:24 PM
'Toona,
We finally have some real class in the SEADOGs.

Now come on Mark, I have a lot of class, although it's all lower.

Big Pimpin
08-29-2004, 11:01 PM
As long as no one gets up in my grill...

Bunches,

Celene 'in Atlanta where the players play...'don't trip girl, BP don't mess with rockwilders, pit bulls, and chicks from da A.T.L.- they don't play when they bite. ;)

ToonaFish
08-29-2004, 11:40 PM
Oh, we must have bumped into each other at the Shark Bar, ugh ugh...

Big Pimpin
08-30-2004, 12:40 AM
Dang Bunches, mona lisa gots nutin on you.

Big Pimpin
08-30-2004, 12:40 AM
Dang Bunches, mona lisa gots nutin on you.

Last Tango
08-30-2004, 09:09 AM
No double dippin, Big Pimpin. Toona is straight all the way, and has the hounds to back her up. She's petite, sweet, and a real treat here, and the SEADOGS and 3,000 other Donzi dudes and dudettes on this site will stop at nothing to protect her. Nobody does it better than Toona when it comes to postin' and toastin'. She's tight and right and her bark is definitely worse than her bite. She has our R-E-S-P-E-C-T!
But I can see you are a smart an disciminating man, so I know we will enjoy your persona. Keep on posting and welcome (back?) to the SEADOGs!
Room 116 is on the waterfront, so we will be covering each others back in Palatka. And you, too, are right near the Ice Man. How convenient!

Donzi Di
08-31-2004, 11:42 AM
Well - we have some logistics to work out - but it looks like Cliff and I will be attending this one. I figure we need to celebrate our anniversary somehow.

Reservation has been made - although I don't know which room.

Can't wait. :biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.:

Speed-Racer
08-31-2004, 08:22 PM
So many events....Sarasota is awesome, but the the River is pretty sweet too...the Formula group should be cool, maybe we won't even bring the boats and hitch a ride in a big boat :smash:

Cuda
09-02-2004, 09:15 AM
Reservations made for waterfront. :yes:

Budmann
09-03-2004, 02:02 PM
Budmann, Donzi Jodi and Fishboy are booked. Now who's on charge of the weather. :umbrella: :umbrella: :umbrella:

Last Tango
09-13-2004, 06:33 PM
BIG PIMPIN! You still here? Ain't heard nothin from you in a while.' You ain't bagged on us have you? We need some smokin' spirit to keep this thread alive and kickin'.

Big Pimpin
09-14-2004, 07:40 PM
Originally, by Last Tango:
BIG PIMPIN! You still here? Ain't heard nothin from you in a while.' You ain't bagged on us have you? We need some smokin' spirit to keep this thread alive and kickin'.

Sup Dog, BP in da haaaoouse! Been busy takin care of bidness... gotta keep dat pimp hand strong ya feelin me? fo sho. So is dis freaky deaky fiesta anywhere near Miami?

Last Tango
09-14-2004, 08:41 PM
BP, ain't nothin near Miami but hurricanes and 'Poodles. This little shindig is up in Gatorland, 'bout 35 mile east of The Swamp. Populated by lotsa downhome folks, donchano. Mostly a lotta guys in leetle bitsy fishin boats. Like four or three to a 12 foot jon boat. If you are comin by car, tell the driver to go north about 4 hours and then look for us. Don let him give you any lip, either. If he is good enough to drive BP he don't need no help finding US!
Tell him to rush it while the wimmin ar still warm.

Cuda
09-14-2004, 09:32 PM
I have the Minx in St Pete with the new cover made, and now it's at the glass shop having the dings fixed. I'll get Debbie to do the buffing again and we'll be pimpin in fashion at Palatka. :biggrin:

Big Pimpin
09-14-2004, 11:35 PM
Posted by Cuda:
I have the Minx in St Pete with the new cover made, and now it's at the glass shop having the dings fixed. I'll get Debbie to do the buffing again and we'll be pimpin in fashion at Palatka. :biggrin:

Holla Cuda, I got a fur too!!! Is yo minx full length? We be flossin fo sho!!!

LT, big ups on da 411, straight woulda missed palatka. Glad ya gots ma back homie. One! Don't sweat the lip service of dem hillbilly boys, my nina come correct on any foo dat steps to BP, jus keep dem honies hot till i show.

ToonaFish
09-14-2004, 11:53 PM
Posted by Cuda:

LT, big ups on da 411, straight woulda missed palatka. Glad ya gots ma back homie. One! Don't sweat the lip service of dem hillbilly boys, my nina come correct on any foo dat steps to BP, jus keep dem honies hot till i show.

Okay, I think I am beginning to understand. Big Pippin is asking Cuda to join his animal rights march in Central Florida where they will throw stones at glass fronted stores.

Last Tango is being offered food stamps for honey by Big Pippin.

Big Pippin seems ever so friendly and ecologically aware... what a fine addition to our merry band!

Cuda
09-15-2004, 04:52 AM
Toona, you coming down for the festivities? It's not that far for you.

Fish boy
09-15-2004, 09:40 AM
Posted by Cuda:

Hey BP Welcome to the registry!! Cuda's Minx is a bad a-- boat, hopefully he will bring it to palatka. Ya bringin a boat, if not you are welcome to ride with me. Holla at me if ya need a seat.

l8tr,

fish

ToonaFish
09-15-2004, 09:33 PM
Sadly, Cuda, it doesn't look likely that Toona will be served in Palatka... :frown:

Cuda
09-15-2004, 10:40 PM
Sadly, Cuda, it doesn't look likely that Toona will be served in Palatka... :frown:

:( :( Too bad, I'd love you meet you sometime. Your wit always amuses me. :)

Budmann
09-16-2004, 10:03 AM
O.K... who is this big Pimpin guy?? :nuke: I hope his boat is as bad as he is.
WELL... what kinda boat you be jamin to B.P.???? :beer:

Budmann
09-16-2004, 03:37 PM
a couple of shots of last year. Can't find the rest.

great time had by all. Still trying to get the pics to upload.

Cuda
09-19-2004, 06:46 PM
O.K... who is this big Pimpin guy?? :nuke: I hope his boat is as bad as he is.
WELL... what kinda boat you be jamin to B.P.???? :beer:

Cuda PI is on the case. :) Unless I'm mistaken, BP lives in Jacksonville, he's 25 years old and drives a Jeep Liberty. :biggrin:

Cuda
09-19-2004, 08:48 PM
Hmm, saw a guy with the same screen name on another non boating related board. Damn, guess I better stick to laying tile. :)

Donzi Di
09-21-2004, 02:41 PM
Based on what I am reading here, this is going to be an fun event.... I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!

Last Tango
09-28-2004, 09:36 PM
Palatka was hit very hard by JEANNE. I called the hotel just now to follow up on a rumor I heard and the rumor is a fact. Both docks at the hotel were taken completely out by the storms. They will attempt to rebuild them quickly (actually they really needed rebuilding anyway). I am going to drive down this weekend and see how the city docks and ramp area faired as well. I will report back my findings. I expect to continue to have the event since the hotel itself sustained only minimal damage which they expect to have repaired this week. We normally pulled our boats at night anyway and had them on the trailers in the parking lot, so I don't see the loss of the hotel docks as any issue for us. The hotel sits up very high from the river so flooding was never an issue, either. Anything you folks want me to find out while I'm there?

We are current-ly (pun intended) still on generator power here at the house. No actual damage to my house or the immediate neighborhood. A tree branch took out the power lines a full day AFTER Jeanne had passed beyond us. Delayed reaction. Some things are just slower here in the South.

Cuda
09-28-2004, 11:23 PM
I don't think a lack of docks would be a big problem, sure, it'd be nice to have them, but we can survive. I am so ready for this.

Budmann
09-29-2004, 10:09 AM
I'm with Cuda... bring your own anchor.

Big Pimpin
09-29-2004, 11:20 AM
Origionally posted by Budman:
I'm with Cuda... bring your own anchor.

Someone say anchor...Got mines!!

Cuda
10-03-2004, 09:12 AM
Does anyone have pictures from the original Lake George trip? The one that didn't have the freezing temperatures. :)

Last Tango
10-03-2004, 10:11 PM
Okay, the hotel docks are ripped up pretty bad and will not be fixed in time for us to use, primarily because several sections are missing right from the land. The hotel itself is just fine and the only remaining evidence of Jeanne is the X's on the room windows where they used duct tape to protect them and the duct tape was removed but not without leaving a residue that some unlucky person will have to scrape off.
The city docks and ramp and facilities are perfect and undamaged (except for a roof on a very small gazebo that they still haven't found). Gator Landing was not damaged and the Manager is looking forward to us filling up his dock with hungry folks. I spoke with him in person today and he was relieved to say that at least that they did not suffer any damage.
It is a good thing that we are giving the river a month to "clear its throat" of all the debris from docks and trees.
Should be perfect boating when we arrive.

Last Tango
10-08-2004, 08:54 AM
We are just a litlte over a month away from this event. Be sure to make your reservation at the Riverfront Inn, Palatka, 12-14 Nov, ph# 386-328-4886, under the group name Donzi Boat Club (plus an additional 10% discount if you are 50 and older) Group prices range from $64 - $75 depending on size and location (city view, river view, king, double...).

How many of those "foreign" boats are coming?

smokediver
10-08-2004, 10:12 AM
wonder if they give a discount if you feel over 50 ?

gcarter
10-08-2004, 10:57 AM
Well Mark and everyone, I'll come if the boat's ready. Even if it's ready at the last minute, we can come up during the day, I'm only an hour away.
Big Pimpin's anchor reminds me of the last owner of the Hope diamond had it proudly displayed on a chain around their dogs neck! :wavey:

Last Tango
10-11-2004, 09:27 AM
George,
Just come whether the boat is ready or not. We always have room for crew on the boats that arrive.
Greg K is hoping to have sold his boat by then, but is planning to come either way... from North Carolina.
And Dad's Thunder is planning on driving down from Cleveland, Ohio. His boat is too big to tow all that way, but he and his son are planning on doing the trip.
And the weather is getting REAL nice these last couple weekends. Flat water, warm air with just a touch of fall in it, and the trees are getting their fall colors (more green, hahahaha) for North Florida.
I'm getting very excited about this event.
Maybe Scott Bolts will come down from Ohio, as well.

Friday night dinner at Angels Diner across the street from the hotel.
This is our destination for Lunch on Saturday:
http://www.clarksfishcamp.com/
Gator Landing (by boat or car, your choice) on Saturday evening.
Porkey's Landing for lunch on Sunday, on our way to or from Silver Glen Springs.

Cuda
10-22-2004, 06:46 PM
I can't wait. I stopped by a boat mechanic today to make an appointment to have him do a couple things to the Minx that I just haven't had time to do.

BUIZILLA
10-22-2004, 07:36 PM
the Palatka grope.:smileybo:yeah baby !!

Cuda
10-22-2004, 07:48 PM
Budman, I remember your unique steering/throttle man setup you were using in Mt Dora! :wink:

Fish boy
10-24-2004, 12:10 PM
It is if she rides in someone elses boat :D :D :D

LOL, Good point...in fact, I was thinking about asking if my girl could ride with you; but then I remebered... :rlol: :jestera: :D

Greg K
10-24-2004, 12:25 PM
Hmmmmm....damn this MSD :banghead:

Last Tango
10-24-2004, 01:19 PM
Well, there is no problem getting to downtown Jacksonville. If fact, that is exactly whre we went LAST year. We tied up in front of Hooters and then rather than eating there, we went to the American Cafe restaurant right over Hooters and sat on the balcony overlooking the river, our boats, and downtown Jax, and enjoyed sunshine and great food. Are you sure it's your significant OTHER that wants to eat at Hooters? Actually, the place I picked for this year has been on our "next year, for sure" list for a couple years now. But I'm sure we will go wherever the group really wants to go.
So many choices, so little time. I guess we need to schedule this event at least twice a year - Fall and Spring in order to see all the cool sites and enjoy all the restaurants.

A side note: anybody coming to the event without a boat but WITH a capable tow vehicle let me know, please. I am currently without a tow vehicle until new arrangements can be made. I need to hold off purchasing a new tow vehicle just a bit until the smoke settles in the house, because I traded my Jeep in on another Porsche (my 4th 996, and my 16th Porsche over all). Porsche 996 is not well known as a tow vehicle. Thought about also getting a Porsche Cayenne S for towing but can't really see spending $70k just to have a large heavy gas guzzler that will do a one inch squat at 140 MPH.
Other choices: 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited w/HEMI, or perhaps a 2005 Dodge Dakota SLT Quad Cab with 4.7L and full checklist of towing goodies and comfort items. Jeep it $30 less than the Cayenne, and the Dakota is another $15k cheaper than the Jeep.

Fish boy
10-24-2004, 03:29 PM
LOL, an event that I will never be allowed to live down I see. Course, at least mine usually restarts without piston transplants.. usually... :D :D :D

Yep, I have gotten pretty good at transplanting pistons... just not so good at figuring out where they land after they leave my block.

Actually, P-head is still good from the last time I rebuilt it. My Cle took a dump on the suwannee, but the clanking sound sounded a lot like a thrown rod. Since I shut it down immediately, no way to tell until I pulled it apart. Should be all back together by next weekend, and then bolted on the stveeeeeeeeeee!

Last Tango
10-25-2004, 08:50 AM
A second stunning weather weekend in a row. And yet another predicted for this coming weekend when the Blue Angels airshow will be in town. It would have been a great weekend to do the Palatka event this coming weekend, but with the Florida/Georgia football game at Alltell Stadium on Saturday, there isn't a hotel room within a 50 mile radius. Besides, I have tickets to the Barry Manilow concert on Friday night. And the little ghosts and gobblins will be out all weekend... scary enough without adding Madpoodle, Fishboy, and Big Pimpin' to that already volatile mix.

Big Pimpin
10-25-2004, 06:21 PM
Fo sho, fo sho L.T. caus ya know how weeeee do it! Ripped, stripped and dipped, ya huuuurd!

Barry M.. I got a remix of one his joints by DMX- fly as hell, I'll hook ya up dog.

Cuda
10-26-2004, 08:16 AM
I took the Minx to the shop yesterday to have a couple things done to her. Adjust the valves, adjust the interrupter switch, and relocate the battery to the original spot. It should be out by Friday.

Last Tango
10-27-2004, 09:14 AM
Just a shade over two weeks until this event. Weather is looking TOTALLY SPECTACULAR here.
YEAH, baby!

apollo24
10-27-2004, 04:54 PM
I saw someone on the site selling Donzi t-shirts for the 16 and 18- line drawings and a propellor or something. Anyone know who was selling these?

Thanks, Ben

Dads Thunder
10-28-2004, 08:43 AM
Just a shade over two weeks until this event. Weather is looking TOTALLY SPECTACULAR here.
YEAH, baby!

Sounds like it's going to be a good turnout!! I am trying to make it still, hopefuly it will work out ..:dolphin:

Tidbart
10-28-2004, 09:13 AM
Anyone know the water level situation on the St Johns and Lake George? Any "No Wake" restrictions going on currently?
Palatka to JAX at 5 mph may take longer than a weekend. :jestera:

Bob

Richard Rees
10-28-2004, 09:15 AM
I was told that Palatka is a old Indian name for **** hitting the ground?

Fish boy
10-28-2004, 09:33 AM
Anyone know the water level situation on the St Johns and Lake George? Any "No Wake" restrictions going on currently?
Palatka to JAX at 5 mph may take longer than a weekend. :jestera:

Bob

I hear the river is going down and is like 4 ft below flood right now. Should be fine. If anyone decides to call FWC, tell them you are a guide or just want to go fishing with your john boat so they don't decided to add extra help that weekend to accomodate all the boaters.

Budmann
10-28-2004, 09:35 AM
Well I guess if we don't tell anyone we are coming than I had better polish up my tow rope for Fishboy. :cussball: :boat:

Fish boy
10-28-2004, 09:44 AM
Well I guess if we don't tell anyone we are coming than I had better polish up my tow rope for Fishboy. :cussball: :boat:

don't forget an umbrella... I would imagine being behind me with that rooster tail will get a little damp. :umbrella: I am bringing my for the tow back to the dock LOL :umbrella:

Cuda
10-28-2004, 09:55 AM
The river here at the Hwy 44 bridge is down about 18 inches from where it was at it's highest. I talked to a boater day before yesterday, he said there wasn't any no wake signs between here and Astor. I don't think they ever did make Lake George all no wake.

Last Tango
10-28-2004, 10:34 AM
Richard,
As long as it is hitting the ground and not hitting the fan, then I'm fine with whatever the word means.
PS 25 Championship Points reduction for using the "Sxxt" word.

Tidbart
10-28-2004, 01:00 PM
'Palatka' is a contraction of an Indian word meaning 'cow crossing' or 'cow
ford'. The original was some variation of 'Pilaklikaha' or 'Pilotaikita.'
Originally spelled 'PIlatka', the City Charter, approved on January 8, 1853,
had the name spelled 'PAlatka', sparking a debate as to the "correct"
spelling which would last another twenty-two years until the U. S. Post
Office officially changed the spelling to 'Palatka' on May 24, 1875 so as
not to cause confusion with the town of 'Picolata'.

:tongue:

Fish boy
10-28-2004, 01:10 PM
...so as not to cause confusion with the town of 'Picolata'.
:tongue:

ahhh yes, Picolata, meaning "is your daughter 18?" I like the old florida names :D

ChromeGorilla
10-28-2004, 03:42 PM
Mark, what is the exact schedule of events for the weekend? My wife and I prob trailer down boat for the day and go home. I would really like to do the run from Palatka to Jax.

Last Tango
10-28-2004, 04:28 PM
Scott,
The "exact" schedule of events is show up with your boat about 8:30 Saturday morning at the Riverfront Inn (nee Holiday Inn) and those of us who are there will decide where we are going first. I will be there Friday night, as will most of the outtatowners.
Not the answer you wanted to hear, but that is exactly how all these events seem to work. We generally head for the ramp at about 10:00-ish (right across the street from the hotel). Once everyone has launched and the circle is together, we run to wherever we have collectively decided. Seems from the voices who have already spoken on this thread that we will run to downtown Jax first. After we get there we will decide where to stop and eat lunch. I am still strongly in favor passing on the "usual" restaurants downtown in favor of Clark's Fish Camp on Julington Creek. Nobody has EVER been disappointed with that location.

Speed-Racer
10-28-2004, 08:35 PM
This years event seems to have gathered more people, awesome! See you all in 2 weeks!!!

Cuda
10-29-2004, 08:06 AM
Mark, we did a McDonald's right by the marina in Julington Creek. It looked like a nice area to run the boat.

ChromeGorilla
10-29-2004, 08:10 AM
Mark, thats exactly the answer I needed. Thanks. Just needed a time a place to be on Sat morn. This is gonna be a blast.

Cuda
10-29-2004, 04:56 PM
Mark, how far is the run to Jax from Palatka? I just got the Minx back from the mechanic. I had him adjust the valves, adjust the kill switch interupter, and relocate the battery to the original position. I still have a noise in the engine. The mech says it sounds like a rod, but I don't think it is a rod. Anyway, I may have to bring the 302 instead of the Minx, so I was wondering about how much fuel I'd need.

Last Tango
10-30-2004, 09:30 PM
Cuda, Man! You have GOT to keep me informed about when you are doing a job in Jax, That McDonalds is absolutely just a short WALK!!!!!! FROM MY HOUSE!
From Palatka it is exactly 45 miles by water to downtown Jax. Half a dozen marinas with fuel along the way and downtown. Be sure to let me know if you require premium only, because the best place for that is about 2/3's of the way there (or, conversely, 1/3 of the way back). If we eat at Clark's Fish Camp, then the most convenient fuel stop is at Julington Creek (also the same location for the premium). I will check the gas prices at the marina's at Julington Creek, tomorrow. I know the gas downtown is 89 Octane and not the best price, but convenient as all get out. I will be running both ways without a fuel stop. And all day Sunday, too About the same distance South to Georgertown and Silver Glenn Springs (one of the perq's of the MX6.2MPI and a 40 gallon tank - for all that power, it sips gas). There are plenty of gas stations near the hotel to fill up at if you are towing "light." I will tow down about half full and top off at one of the local gas stations in Palatka. Having done this several times before, I will then tow home very light.

Cuda
10-30-2004, 10:08 PM
If I bring the 302, I have to have 93 octane gas. I think we will be working in Jax on Tuesday. We have a little job to do at a McDonald's we did a month or so ago on Roosevelt, just north of the naval air base.

I'd much rather bring the Minx. If I get some time this week, I'll take the Minx out for a couple runs and see how it's running.

ChromeGorilla
11-01-2004, 03:05 PM
Hey Cuda, Tuesday meaning Nov 2. If so what time of the day will ya be there? Gotta drop my mom and sister off at Jax airport round 1 o'clock. I could dip by and say hello.

Cuda
11-01-2004, 04:27 PM
CG, I'm sending Debbie and three of my guys there. They should be there probably from about 10 am, thru most of the day. Then they are going to the MCD on Atlantic near the beach.

Last Tango
11-02-2004, 07:50 PM
I'll be in Las Vegas at the SEMA show the rest of this week, and at the North American epicenter of high performance boating through the weekend (Lake Havasu, AZ - look closely at ALL your boating magazine tests - yep, Lake Havasu). So, you folks will have to carry on for a week on this thread without me. But (Warning, Will Robinson! Warning!) I WILL be back and ready in plenty of time for the Palatka gathering. See ya'll soon.
Mike (Dad's Thunder) let me know what your flight itinerary to Jax is. Call my cell.
Mark

yesyoucan
11-03-2004, 05:06 PM
This will be my first event.Bringing my Blackhawk and a couple of buddies.Wives worried about cool weather among other excuses.Looking forward to it.Does much go on Friday night.We should arrive fairly early.About a five hour drive from Augusta,Ga.Have not heard much about any Formula guys coming?

Cuda
11-03-2004, 07:51 PM
I think a couple of the Formula guys are coming. I'm going to test run the Minx this weekend, if it doesn't pass the test, I'll be bringing the 302.

Cuda
11-03-2004, 07:52 PM
Mark, are we going anywhere will the 30 footer will be a problem to dock?

Cuda
11-08-2004, 06:34 AM
There is going to be another group of boaters on the south end of the lake.

http://www.boatfreaks.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2960

Fish boy
11-08-2004, 06:43 AM
yep, origionally it was supose to be a Suwannee run, but since the river is so high, they moved it to palatka. THese are S&F guys. Bringing the radar gun for the early morning stuff on Sunday with the big wheels. Should be a few boats over 120mph and several over 100mph.

Cuda
11-08-2004, 07:00 AM
When I first read that post, I thought about you and DGjr.

Fish boy
11-08-2004, 07:09 AM
hehe, JR and Erin will be there too. FInally got my motor on yesterday...

Last Tango
11-08-2004, 09:42 AM
A 30 footer will be absolutely NO problem anywhere we go. I have taken my 14,000lb Z3250 vitually everywhere on the river we will be going, so don't worry about length or depth.
SEMA was spectacular, but the boat folks didn't ramp up much from last year. There were about 18 cool boats, mostly from "local" West Coast builders. Family and Performance Boating Magazine was there as well. But that was it. I would have hoped to see folks like Stainless Marine and Livorsi and such, and a few other boat magazines, but nope. The boats that WERE there where beautiful and very expensive. The show is really about cars and pickup trucks and SUV's. And to get your attention among all the displays, there were plenty of skantilly clad beautiful young ladies who also had benefited from being "slammed" and "DUB" in the aftermarket. I took lots of pictures. I'll bring them to Palatka.
The "other" event this weekend (referred to above) is happening at Blairs Jungle Den (site of a previous SEADOGs event) which is a good 35 miles or so south of where we will be. But since we will be headed that way one of the days, I expect we will cross paths (swords?) with them, probably at Silver Glen Springs on Sunday.
I will arrive at the hotel in Palatka in the late afternoon on Friday.
Mark

ChromeGorilla
11-08-2004, 01:03 PM
Mark, glad to hear you had a good time out there. I will be leaving here Sat morn and arriving about 9-9:30 am on Sat. Just curious, which route do you take? 95 down then cut over or over to 17 then down? Also if ya don't mind I'll give your cell a ring on Sat morn as I roll into town so as to meet up with everyone. I've never been to Palatka, don't know my way around. Thanks.

Scott

ospreyproduction
11-08-2004, 08:19 PM
I don't mean to crash your Dozi Party but we are having a Scream and Fly / St. John's River "Runapalooza" the same weekend as your get together. We are all staying at the Blair's Jungle Den in Astor, Florida.

We will be headed your way Saturday for a ride up the river stopping for lunch along the way and then back to Silver Glen by about 3PM. Sunday morning are 1/4 Drags and some top speed runs on the lake.

Hopefully we'll run into you guys.

Our entire bunch is running outboards...but we don't bite!!

ToonaFish
11-08-2004, 08:32 PM
Our entire bunch is running outboards...but we don't bite!!

How much tow line do you anticipate needing? :smile:

(Feel free to post any Donzi pics you snag... so much for what happens in Palatka stays in Palatka!)

ospreyproduction
11-08-2004, 09:34 PM
Did I start that????

Just trying to get a group together, but if you want to play like that.....

lol

ToonaFish
11-08-2004, 09:41 PM
Naw, you just stepped into the middle of Fish buying a screaming rocket outboard ship... if it is anything like his outboard fishboat, there will be a definite need for rope. Lots of rope.

But hey, being towed by a Donzi is a status symbol in some cultures...

ospreyproduction
11-08-2004, 09:57 PM
The speed runs will be on the lake and if Toona wants to come out and play.....I got $20 says my little ole Skater can take ya.

That is....if you wanna play like that.

No rope needed.:smile::smile::smile:

ToonaFish
11-08-2004, 10:00 PM
Hey Geoo, can I borrow your boat for the weekend?

Dang, got a hot date for this weekend's games, maybe next time... :redface:

Fish boy
11-09-2004, 02:03 AM
Dang Lee, you sure get around. BTW, there is at least one donzi here that could take your $20, but its not going to be there this weekend. A lot of the northern S&F'ers know about "mighty mouse"... a few learned the hard way. :biggrin: looking forward to the parking lot party.

later,
fish

ospreyproduction
11-09-2004, 06:06 AM
Ahhhhhh....FISH

There may be one in the crowd....but I knew that my odds were high. lol

I was playing nicely and Toona had to go "BLAH BLAH BALH".

....just thought it would be fun to get the groups together.

ospreyproduction
11-09-2004, 06:08 AM
New assistant to the New Marketing Director / Hammer Down Racing. lol

Fish boy
11-09-2004, 07:46 AM
New assistant to the New Marketing Director / Hammer Down Racing. lol

Sweet!!!! I got a title, I'm somebody!!!!

Cuda
11-09-2004, 07:50 AM
I don't think toona meant anything by it, just Fish's propensity for being on the wrong end of his brother's tow line. :)

Fish boy
11-09-2004, 07:54 AM
I don't think toona meant anything by it, just Fish's propensity for being on the wrong end of his brother's tow line. :)

No doubt, toona is the best!!!!

hopefully I wont have to push my brothers boat with that tow rope any more... then again, that motor had a pretty easy life on the center console compared to what it is about to go through on the STV.

ospreyproduction
11-09-2004, 08:04 AM
Oh yea....

it's hard to be humble.

ospreyproduction
11-09-2004, 08:05 AM
If I'm gonna be towed....I'll do it in style.

Cuda
11-09-2004, 08:07 AM
So, are you going to be in Palatka or Astor Fish?

Fish boy
11-09-2004, 08:20 AM
Oh yea....

it's hard to be humble.

OMG, being towed by a pontoon... I actually don't feel so bad about my tows now LOL

Gonna be a fun trip.

Fish boy
11-09-2004, 08:22 AM
So, are you going to be in Palatka or Astor Fish?

both. definitely will be at the radar runs sunday morning, the rest will depend on where budmann decides to tow me Ha! :rlol:

Cuda
11-09-2004, 08:23 AM
Last time I was at Blair's, this guy in what looked to be a brand new Laveycraft had the pontoon tow job too. He wasn't real happy about it either.

Cuda
11-09-2004, 08:24 AM
Looks like I'll be bringing the Formula.

Budmann
11-09-2004, 08:51 AM
Tow rope ready!!!! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Budmann
11-09-2004, 08:54 AM
Was that a picture of an outboard(temp. power) towing another outboard.

Don't see that to often!! LOL :outtahere :outtahere

Fish boy
11-09-2004, 09:08 AM
Was that a picture of an outboard(temp. power) towing another outboard.

Don't see that to often!! LOL :outtahere :outtahere

Yep, outboard. Here is a pic of the back of my boat since it is the only view you will get to see this weekend... and closer than your I/O will ever get when they are running. Ha! :biggrin:

Budmann
11-09-2004, 09:15 AM
Everyone hear the smack talk!!! I have 20.00 says Fish will have to be towed.
Let's see... just rigged a Sneezer on the back of a pocket rocket himself. last time I checked he was NOT a qualified rigger. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Anyone want some of this action????? :alligator :alligator

ToonaFish
11-09-2004, 09:44 AM
Budman, are you offering points?

(Mr. Production, no offense meant, just busting some fish chops... but I am curious if y'all radar the pontoon boats with their tagalongs?)

Budmann
11-09-2004, 09:49 AM
I will go so far as to put 20.00 a day up. I'm sure Fish will break something on the first day!

gcarter
11-09-2004, 02:02 PM
I'll bet on the 'toon boats. Around here, all the retirees have them and you NEVERsee them being towed. :smash: :jestera:

Mr X
11-09-2004, 03:28 PM
Fish, is it just me or does that prop look like it has WAY too
much bow lift for your Euro Ski?
Better think twice before touching that trim buton in the up direction.

Cuda
11-09-2004, 06:55 PM
Budman, at least as light as that boat is, you should still be able to get on a plane with him in tow.

ToonaFish
11-09-2004, 07:31 PM
Better think twice before touching that trim buton in the up direction.

Darnit, Ted, you gotta go and spoil the show, don't cha?

Fish boy
11-09-2004, 08:02 PM
[QUOTE=CigaretteSS]Fish, is it just me or does that prop look like it has WAY too
much bow lift for your Euro Ski?
QUOTE]

Yep, but it is my sunday prop. Way I figure it, I will be consuming several pounds worth of food and assorted beverages over the weekend. By sunday, I plan on weighing around 290 lbs and will need the bow lift. LOL I already tested it on Budmann so it is good up to around 350lbs Ha! :biggrin:

actually, you are right, probably a little too much, but only prop I had until today. Just got this in the mail (pic) below. DonzigJR is bringing a couple of props for me to try this weekend too.

BUIZILLA
11-09-2004, 08:14 PM
Ya know, when I heard this was the S&F weekend, I did some snooping.... I thunk I found a radar gun to bring with me for the spectate section... :eek!: :shades: :tv:

ospreyproduction
11-09-2004, 11:07 PM
Lately I've just been bringing a hook with a line attached so I can hook a toon as it flys by me. I don't know how fast they're going...but it's fast....real fast. SOmetimes the line even makes some noise as it stretches....so that's fast. :shades:

Last Tango
11-10-2004, 08:03 AM
Well, from the looks of this thread the last couple days, it is really gonna be a HOT weekend on the river. Headed to downtown Jax on Saturday and south for RADAR runs on Sunday. Yeah, Buddy!
Toona, can't believe you stirred the pot and then bugged out on us for some silly football game and a young stud (not necessarily in that order, of course). Please make sure that this time he is at least legal age. You know what happened LAST time!

Budmann
11-10-2004, 01:58 PM
Is it Friday yet... Geeeese!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ChromeGorilla
11-10-2004, 02:28 PM
I was just wonderin, who's goin for sure and what ya runnin? I'll be there on Sat only. Gotta work on Sun. I'm bringin a 22 classic. Lets get a list goin.

Budmann
11-10-2004, 02:42 PM
I'm sportin my little baby 22 2+3 with a sbc.

BUIZILLA
11-10-2004, 03:19 PM
18LE

gcarter
11-10-2004, 05:42 PM
Elaine and I are coming Saturday.
We're riding w/Phil Reed.
C'mon Phil.....post that you're coming! :(

Cuda
11-10-2004, 07:22 PM
We went through Palatka today on our way to Orange Park. We located the motel. Fuel was cheaper there than here in Deland. Diesel was$2.19, same as high test gas.

Cuda
11-10-2004, 07:25 PM
We should be there fairly early Friday, bringing the Formula 302 SR1.

ToonaFish
11-10-2004, 08:06 PM
Toona, can't believe you stirred the pot and then bugged out on us for some silly football game and a young stud (not necessarily in that order, of course). Please make sure that this time he is at least legal age. You know what happened LAST time!

Not only is his age legal, so is his mind. (Might come in handy if you guys get in too much trouble down there... word has it that he has a passing acquaintance with your Florida bars.)

BUT I WILL THINK OF YOU GUYS ALL WEEKEND LONG! (Or at least until I get busy, er, watching guys score...)

Pictures, lots of pictures, please! (And the negatives of my last underage adventure, please!)

Donzi Di
11-10-2004, 08:22 PM
Cliff and I will be there with our baby blue 16'.

Can't wait.....

BUIZILLA
11-10-2004, 08:42 PM
Uh Di.......

there's something that Poodle and I need to tell ya, but hell, it can wait.. :eek: :garfield:

J

ToonaFish
11-10-2004, 09:23 PM
Cliff and I will be there with our baby blue 16'.

Um, Di, you might want to listen to that song of Buffett's called Gypsies In The Palace a few times... it will get you in just the right mood!

Last Tango
11-10-2004, 09:56 PM
Bringing the '01 18 in the Avatar to the left. Hopefully will leave the bimini and windscreen in the banana bag all weekend, not because it will make Cuda SICk if I put it up, but because I only put it up for RAIN, and we don't need no stinkin' rain. Weather report says sunny to partly cloudy and breezy this weekend. The river north will be a little choppy. The river south to Lake George will be protected. Lake George itself could be rough (again). Temp in the 70's both days.
Oh, yeah. I had lunch at Hooters today and the girls want us to tie up there and eat lunch with THEM on Saturday. Any complaints about that?

Fish boy
11-10-2004, 10:05 PM
Bringing the STV... also a tow rope just in case. LOL

Toona, there is an old saying... never trust a man that can pass a bar. Guess the good ones are inside on the bar stools. LOL:beer: :beer:

pmreed
11-10-2004, 10:53 PM
Arriving Friday afternoon with my 22 C. You're on George!!

Phil

gcarter
11-11-2004, 05:18 AM
Arriving Friday afternoon with my 22 C. You're on George!!

Phil
:yippie:

:wavey:

Budmann
11-11-2004, 08:58 AM
Leaving Clearwater@ noon!!! :wink: Can't wait to see everyone!

Cuda
11-11-2004, 09:29 AM
Mark, where are we going for lunch on Saturday? I know some guys that might want to meet us there.

Budmann
11-11-2004, 09:33 AM
Fish... did you mean a "Sand Bar"??? :cool: LOL

Last Tango
11-11-2004, 02:13 PM
CG,
The easiest way for you to get to Palatka is to come down I-95 to I-10 to Roosevelt (17) and straight on until you are 30 feet short of the Palatka Bridge, The hotel is on the left. Hotel may still have a sign over the Holiday Inn sign telling you it is a future Quality Inn. But it is the RIverfront Hotel in either case. If you don't see any Donzi's in the parking lot of the hotel, then cross over 17 and come directly to the city dock (same side of the river, other side of the street)
Call My Cell phone - 904 534-9928
Mark

ChromeGorilla
11-11-2004, 03:19 PM
Mark, thanks a bunch. Cuda, I believe we are going to eat at Hooters at Jacksonville Landing. Its right downtown. Mark can correct me if I'm wrong. My buddy John is gonna meet up at lunch too. He has a Sunsation but said he wants to see some sweet Donzi's.

Cuda
11-11-2004, 05:18 PM
Mark, is the boat ramp on the same side of the river as the motel? I didn't quite understand.

BUIZILLA
11-11-2004, 07:53 PM
hmmmmm... :cool:

AccuWeather has an interesting forecast... :umbrella:

Saturday, winds N-NE at 5, gusts to 13 :biggrin:

Sunday, winds N-NE at 17, gusting to 33 :eek!:

Lake George is gonna get purty interesting on Sunday.... :alligator :shocking:

JH :cool!:

Critter, 18 or Minx...hmmmmm... decisions, decisions, screw it, we'll fly the 18 :idea:

Cuda
11-11-2004, 08:30 PM
It was blowing pretty good Wednesday when we went through Palatka. Even the river had whitecaps on it.

Last Tango
11-11-2004, 08:41 PM
Boat ramp is on the same side of the river as the hotel. Hwy 17 (the main road through downtown Palatka) separates the hotel from the city park/ramp and docks. Hotel is NW side of the bridge, ramp is SW corner of the bridge. By boat, you have to go under the bridge to get to the hotel. Or you can just walk across the street. However, you do not need to drive over the bridge unless you are looking for cheap gas or headed to Gator Landing which is our dinner location for Saturday night.

CG,
I was actually planning to go to the Hooters on San Jose at Goodby's Creek since it is a different location than we have done before. The Hooters downtown is okay, but I prefer the "scenery" at the San Jose location. As always I remain totally flexible in that regard. I also think lunch at Clark's Fish Camp would be a far more interesting stop than ANY Hooters.
But we can decide that on Saturday morning when we see the weather and sample the crowd. Get your buddy's cell phone number so you can call him with our decision.
There is no hard Plan of the Day. Just the plan we make that day.

Weather looks best for going north on Saturday. No problem going south in big wind on Sunday until we get to Lake George. We do not have to go into Lake George to entertain ourselves as Porkey's Landing is just north of Lake George. I doubt any RADAR runs will be done in Lake George on Sunday if the winds are gusting to 33. Lake George is several miles wide 23 miles long and shallow (average depth is 9 feet) and kicks up like a mutha with far less wind. We can still enjoy the beauty of the St. Johns River without making ourselves uncomfortable. I'm sure the S&F folks won't do speed runs in nasty water either.

Last Tango
11-11-2004, 08:51 PM
As long as the wind and water cooperate, I still plan to run all the way downtown Saturday to see the sites. We can pick up any visitors who are waiting for us at the Jacksonville Landing at that time. It is only about 10-15 Donzi minutes from Downtown to the Hooters on San Jose Blvd. Docking and fuel for boat and tummy and eyes awaits us there. However, those who need 93 octane will be better served to wait until we pass Julington Creek since that is the only 93 on the river that isn't priced the same as gold.

Cuda
11-11-2004, 08:58 PM
I wish I were taking the Minx. The 302 runs on 93 only, and lots of it. :(

pmreed
11-11-2004, 09:33 PM
Cuda, the ramp's on the same side of the river as the motel, on the other side of the main drag.

Phil

ChromeGorilla
11-11-2004, 09:48 PM
Mark, no prob. I actually prefer the San Jose one myself. Same reason. :wink: Plus it is much more protected from wind and wake in there as opposed to the landing. Boats wont get beat up. No plan sounds like a plan. lol. This should be fun.

Last Tango
11-12-2004, 08:23 AM
Cool front passing through North Florida today and tonight. Some rain possible later this afternoon. SATURDAY looks AWESOME and so does SUNDAY! Bring a sweatshirt or light jacket for the evenings. Temp into the 50's at night and 70's during the days. Water temp is still high so no cold winds.
See you all later this afternoon!

Cuda
11-12-2004, 09:05 AM
My cell number is 727 458 4156 and Nextel contact number is 161*1192*887.

Speed-Racer
11-12-2004, 10:23 AM
Who's heading through orlando today??

Could use a ride 407-321-2514

Speed-Racer
11-12-2004, 10:58 AM
Thanks Phil!

Fish boy
11-12-2004, 04:30 PM
getting ready to leave... WooHoo, I can't wait!!! See ya'll there!

ChromeGorilla
11-13-2004, 11:14 PM
Quick update for those in the great white north. Temp was 75. Partly cloudy. Didn't get rained on at all. Ride north, nice calm waters. ride south, a bit choppy. Had 3 casualties before we started. And 1 half way through. Bertram Boy had battery issue, boat no starty starty. Cuda's Formula had bad starter, but hey that happens when they're 17 years old :wink: And of couse last but not least Fishboy's STD...I mean STV :D was down and out with a fuel system problem. He had it fixed after we left and boated with some scream and fly guys. At least all 3 of them have fixed they're problems and now have running boats so they can enjoy tommorrow. Supreme Seadog Last Tango wasn't so lucky, he had engine troubles up in Jax, fortunately it happened right next to his house and he just dropped it at his marina to get repaired. Unfortunately I have to work and couldnt stay for tommorrow. So I drove home after dinner tonight. Speedracer and his dad got some great pics and video today. I'm spent, time for nighty night.

bertsboat
02-07-2014, 06:52 AM
When was the last time they did this run. A friend that's into Action Marine boats used to go on a river run like this but not for a long time.
i wish it would happen again.

Tidbart
02-07-2014, 09:27 AM
When was the last time they did this run. A friend that's into Action Marine boats used to go on a river run like this but not for a long time.
i wish it would happen again.

It has been quite some time. The issue has been participation. All events and gatherings have had minimal, dwindling, attendance over the last several years. The economy is killing everything.:yes:

Weather on this particular run had been hit or miss as it was done in the beginning of December. I remember the last one, that Chromie was talking about. We had a great run north and had lunch just south of JAX. After lunch, the wind, coming out of the north, had kicked up considerably. I got my azz handed to me all the way back to Palatka.:bonk:

B

Last Tango
02-17-2014, 07:59 PM
It has been a very long time since this event occurred. There is absolutely no reason it can't happen again if folks want to do it.

The hotel on the water in Palatka has gone through a couple different franchise names over the years but it is still there and they would love to have us back.

The City of Palatka has made HUGE renovations to the waterfront, docks, and ramps, all for the good.

Ethanol-Free 89 Octane gas is available on the water not far from the city docks. I don't know if it is available at any land gas stations, but there are many gas stations in Palatka, so it is possible. If an event occurred, I can scope that out ahead of time.

It doesn't have to happen in December. We have 11 other boating months in Northeast Florida.

The first weekend in December there is a boating event in Palatka that has gone on for many years - Toys for Tots. They gather at the waterfront hotel, run south on the river, through Dunn's Creek to the north end of Crescent Lake, and thence to 3 Bananas to deliver the toys to the Marines waiting there. That event has also suffered like all boating events as attendance by the "casual" boat owners has gone the direction of the Northern Spotted Owl.

ChromeGorilla's Classic 22 was sold through a Jacksonville boat dealer last Spring. Not sure if he has another Donzi or has moved on to a family-oriented tow sports boat. or just on. His kids would be preteens now.

bertsboat
02-19-2014, 03:24 PM
The Tavares boat show coming up end of next month makes a river run from Jacksonville to Sanford before the show and the reverse after the show, They stay in the hotel in Palatka for at least one night. They draw a pretty good crowd. I don't do it because I am always getting ready for the show last minute. You should drop down there.
The Cruise going south on the river begins with launching in Jacksonville on March 22 & 23 and the one going north begins with launching in Palatka on March 30.

There is no speed limit on the river. It's usually smooth and deep. If anyone wants to do a run I am in.