PDA

View Full Version : The Blue Beast Is Fine!

MOP
08-21-2004, 08:25 PM
Greetings from the far north! Yup here I sit about 3/4 from Canada, weather is fantastic and projected to be great for next weekend The Big D event. Well as most of you know I spent hours trying to find my short, then the best electric guy in my neck of the woods tried all to no avail. Towed lame duck up with me, after some recoupe and lunch I went back at it! Damn I found it in about 10 minutes, was a shorted bulb socket in the speedo. Went for a beautiful sunset ride to Alex Bay and back with my buds who island I stay at, boy you guys that are not coming up you have no clue what you are missing been lots of places this ones tops most any other I have ever boated in! Anyway the Blue Beast Rides Again! Damn $1.29 socket.

MOP

gcarter
08-21-2004, 08:51 PM
Good for you!!!!! :) :yes:

penbroke
08-21-2004, 09:57 PM
I had complete confidence! :yes:

Have a great time! :beer:

Frank

Lenny
08-22-2004, 12:49 AM
Good new Phil, for sure, but,.. how did a "bulb socket in the speedo" give you a 60 AMP short :eeks: The whole mess would be fried. ??? Something ain't right here.

Have fun there :)

MOP
08-22-2004, 06:26 AM
Answer to Lennys question, remember this turned up at the eleventh hour, In my haste when grabbing some goodies to check things out I grabbed an old ameter requiring an external shunt. Did not notice the mistake untill I looked at it in the day light up when I dug it out of my work bag to get into checking things out up here at the island(boat was on main land). For those of you unfarmiliar with external shunted gauges it is basicly a resister of solid metal that passes the current but allows the gauge to read via induction while protecting its inerds, when used without its shunt it will read about double and usually burn out. I was freaking out popping 20amp fuses on the night before leaving on vacation, like they say "Haste makes Waste!" In this case a lot of time and upset but all better now!

Phil

Cuda
08-22-2004, 06:40 AM
I was wondering the same thing as Lenny. 60 amps should turn that bulb into a welding rod.

Thanks for clearing that up.

JimG205
08-22-2004, 10:59 AM
Phil-Glad to hear your running and making noise.funny how simple things make us think we have major problems.Enjoy your trip-you've earned it.Pix would be nice! :biggrin:

MOP
08-22-2004, 09:56 PM
Having a blast up here though the boat show was a bit of a let down, over half the boats left Saturday yup I went on Sunday. Did get to see some fairly good races bought some of the usual show stuff and took care of MP. Been boat riding, wine tasting and playing with my new night vision toy, had to do some clothes shopping. I left home in such a huff I left half of my stuff behind including sweats which are a must up here. I have to worry a bit about my buddies neihbors. His island in inside Blind Bay with a high shore line behind that echos sound quite well, so I have to wait for a respectable hour to fire off the 22 it sounds a bit like a cannon report on initial start up. Can't beat an early run down the St. Lawrence with the occasional hugh ship passing by. I am loving the 22, the 16 was faster by 2 mph on GPS but the ride and handling is much better it also planes off much better with a full load of people and fuel. To much wine have to quit typing, besides dial up is super slow from the island.

Phil