PDA

View Full Version : 38ZR ride Saturday

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
08-19-2004, 09:36 PM
Going along for a test drive in an '03 38ZR here in the Chesapeake Bay Saturday.
Tested at 97GPS with staggered 575's.
LifeLine Jacket in hand!
Should be a real hoot...
Hey DIGGER, what you doing Saturday?
Bryan

Darrell
08-20-2004, 05:59 PM
Lucky guy, We were set to ride in Xtreme Marines 38ZR at last years Texas Round-up, But they were having some engine problems and had to load it back up. Jefe, Janet & I got to check it out anyway, awesome boat. They also brought a 33ZX like yours, what a great looking boat.

Darrell

roadtrip se
08-20-2004, 08:53 PM
Sure you want to do that?

You are going to be so frickin impressed that all the cabin and comforts in the world just won't matter any more. Trust me I know...

Give us a report when its all done!

Todd
"For sale, one fresh 33zx, only run in one poker run..."

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
08-20-2004, 11:07 PM
ROADTRIP my friend, a ride in NOTHING could replace Nancy's joy of sitting down to pee....
When Nancy is happy, I am happy! LOL

And a fridge over a cooler is the ticket! No more 7/11 stops for ice.
Lastly, cuddy's are important to us.
And IF we sold the 33 it would be a trade on a 38ZX, no ZR's or Cig's for me.

Give my best to the better half, we miss you guys.
Bryan
33ZX Z-RATED

boxy
08-21-2004, 09:35 AM
BT, Brian and Wilma Ross seem to have figured out the balance between speed and creature comforts.... :D
Then again they do have that kickin truck/camper/workshop truck to stay in when they are not running at Mach 3....

Speed-Racer
08-21-2004, 01:20 PM
What an awesome ride that boat is too :shades:

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
08-21-2004, 10:17 PM
Well I did not get to go on the ride today, stayed home being Dad, 7 hours with kids in the pool....
The owner/dealer (Mark T.) participated in a PRA poker run here, it's first in these waters. Hopefully the event will grow, although many don't come back to our waters. Wonder why? :)
But a few HRPA members did get to ride the 38ZR and I guess they were #1 at the first stop, 2nd hand info was she ran 92 - 95 GPS (575SCI) in some real snotty water, some said it was bigger than our poker run, which IMHO was no joke.

The dealer is on Smith Mountain Lake, where I have a vacation house for Labor Day weekend, and how odd is it my best bud who wants to close this deal is taking his wife there to stay with us!

Maybe I will get to chair the helm in a couple weeks.
Another 26ZX for sale soon.

I sure hope my old 26ZX finds a good home, I heard they have a serious buyer for it, Nancy said she saw it online for $68K.
Bryan

SMLDONZI
08-24-2004, 10:22 AM
Bryan,

I've seen that 38 ZR on Smith Mountain Lake and it is so awesome--love to ride in it myself. The owner/dealer, Mark seems to be a stand up guy--bought my 18c from him last month. What part of the lake are you staying on for the holiday weekend? I'll keep an eye out for your sweet 33.

Will

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
08-24-2004, 12:41 PM
We are staying at www.silverbayview.com in the MAIN HOUSE, we are launching Friday (3 Sept) afternoon from Mitchels Marina, will stay until Labor Day and depart.

Give me a call, or stop on by. WYou could show us around the lake.
757-816-2013
Bryan & Nancy

SMLDONZI
08-24-2004, 04:23 PM
Bryan,
Yeah, that'd be great to hook up. You picked a great spot to stay. Thats one of my favorite areas--where the mountains go right into the water. I'll give you a shout when I get to VA--either Friday or Saturday--not sure yet. My # there is 540-297-1381 and I am on the north edge of the state park for reference.

Will

N2DEEP
08-24-2004, 08:24 PM
SMLDONZI, I noticed a new yellow stripe 18 on Smith Mountain Lake 2 weeks ago, is it yours? Very Sweet lookin ride. Would like to meet you guys but I am tied up at Hillsville with my wife for the antique market that weekend.

SMLDONZI
08-25-2004, 08:30 AM
N2DEEP,
Mines got a yellow stripe and sides with no windshield. Just got it July 4th weekend. What are your colors in case I see you out sometime? Where in the area do you live?

My neighbor has a 18c with red stripe and sides, no windshield. Earlier in the summer I would see a yellow 22c flying past--sounded great, but I haven't seen him in a while.

Will

N2DEEP
08-25-2004, 09:35 AM
My 18 is cream with a brown stripe and sides. I live near Harrisonburg Va and usually put in at the bridge near Websters Marine. That was yours I saw, a red 18 was nearby. Pic was at Bridgewater Marina earlier this year.

SMLDONZI
08-25-2004, 09:54 AM
Wow, I love the colors! Very very cool and unusual.

Will