PDA

View Full Version : I Don't think So !!!!!!!!!

Hotspare
08-19-2004, 11:11 AM
I Don't think So !!!!!!!!!!!! That makes me nervous just lookin at it !!!!!!!!!!!

GKricheldorf
08-19-2004, 11:29 AM
If your talking about how the rail rides the bunk mine does it just fine. The only problem i have is with large bumps in the road, but i usually stick to 60 mph pulling anyway.

Hotspare
08-19-2004, 11:47 AM
GK, Yea, that's what I'm talkin about ...... Seem's like the step radius could be at risk of damage there ....... And also the shear loads while trailering would be enormous on the bunk as well ,,,,,,,, Just an observation .........

GKricheldorf
08-19-2004, 11:56 AM
Here is a picture of how mine rides. Maybe having the stepped hull makes yours different.

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5364

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5367

Lenny
08-19-2004, 11:57 AM
I was taken back by what appears to be ground and filled fillets around the frame welds on that trailer. :eek: Looks like a nice set-up. :)

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
08-19-2004, 12:00 PM
The ZX hulls work best on knotched trailers, so weight is even.
My last trailer for the 26 was the sh1t. It had three levels of individual swiel bunks (Load Right), 1st class.

The 33ZX; I purchased a Heavy Duty (15,000 lb GVWR) from Fast Load, many minor issues and very poor customer service.
If you ever get through on the phone.
Yes she is built strong, issues have been with wiring, guide poles and the NOT shipping my spare tire mount as promised, I have been waiting 6 weeks.
Want details, just ask. My new trailer (tri axle HD with Disc's)from them, was about $9K, so I have the right to complain.
Plus it is hard to buy the "storm" story since I have been waiting so long.
Bryan

Just spoke with Joanne then her daughter again, I did mention I was posting this to my Donzi pals!

Hotspare
08-19-2004, 12:27 PM
Lenny ,,, It's a Roadrunner Trailer ..... There located here just a few miles from the house ........ The boat and trailer are not mine .... Just ran across it at a local dealer ..... The salesman said that all stepped hulls had that bunk arrangement ,,,,,,, I don't think so .............LOL..

daboys
08-19-2004, 02:15 PM
I have a 28 zxo with a twin step hull. I have the boat stored in the winter on a custom made trailer (custom for the boat) from performance trailer of lake george. buetiful and well made but I'm not sure what everyone see's as a problem with the pic in the post. my trailer uses bunks to support the boat - am I to understand this is wrong on a step hull or is it ok providing the bunks are in the correct location - how would I know - thanks for the educastion

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
08-19-2004, 02:38 PM
DA BOYS, many stepped hull boats are set up wrong when the trailer is assembled.
The weight needs to be even distributed fore and aft etc.
Example, my 22ZX sat on the bow and only used about 20% of the rear bunk until we adjusted. Plus it always kit my step and chipped them at the corners... bummer.

The 26 Load Rite was turn key.

The 33's traile, still need to adjust the tongue weight a hair.
Bryan