PDA

View Full Version : What's it Worth?

blownz
08-16-2004, 09:20 PM
I need some help, I am looking into a Sweet 16 Donzi for my 1 st boat. I live on the South River off of the Chesepeake Bay in Edgewater, Md. Went and looked at a 67 Steel Blue Sweet 16 the other day, it is original and real nice, seat covers mint, gelcoat had a few cracks on top(possible sun damage) hull looked real good. Has been in storage for about 5 yrs. Still has a small block Ford and original drive and controls. The boat is complete, just needs some TLC! Was wondering what it might be worth? I am new to this site, it is a great site with lots of info.

Wayne

Tony
08-16-2004, 10:04 PM
Pricing is a tricky topic to discuss. I'd like to tell you to try to buy the boat for 6 - 8k, but if I were to sell my '67 Ski Sporter (see below) I'd be asking 12k. I guess it depends on whether you are the buyer or the seller!

Refreshing or replacing the original engine might run you a thousand or three. If it is in good shape the Volvo 200 (maybe a 250 if it is a late built '67) should still serve you well, and the gel can be worked on if it is just faded. Take a 12" length of coat hanger wire and probe through the foam as near to the stern of the gas tank as possible. Unless it has been replaced already...the gas tank WILL be leaking soon. Trust me on this one!

What's he asking? Got any pics? Prices should drop late in the season. Good luck and keep us posted!

blownz
08-16-2004, 10:11 PM
He is not sure if he wants to sell. I heard about this boat, so I got his number and called, he said come on over and look it over. He has owned this boat since 72', been under cover and under a leantwo for about 5 yrs. It looks great for its age. Working on it is no problem, been a mechanic mu whole life! I don't want to crowd this guy, so I am working him, I made an offer, he said he would think about it, alot of people have approched him and made offers. Thanks, Wayne