PDA

View Full Version : Propeller Labbing

Splendid
08-16-2004, 04:28 PM
I am thinking of having my propeller "Labbed" I have a 2004 22zx with a 350 mag with a 22 p 4 blade prop. What kind of speed gain should I typically see. Is this worth the expense? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

marcdups
08-16-2004, 04:51 PM
DAH propeller in Michigan basically gurantees 3 MPH, they are normally pretty backed up though, phone # 262 534 4400, price around $ 200 which for 3 MPH is probably the cheapest improvement you will have, speed wise.

Splendid
08-18-2004, 08:49 AM
Marc,
Thanks for the info. I am thinking of having it done over the winter

Rodger
08-18-2004, 01:24 PM
marcdups,
That area code you have must be wrong. 262 is a Wisconsin area code.

Bigbroadjumper
08-18-2004, 01:38 PM
They are in Wisconsin, between Madison and Milwaukee. They do a very nice job. I had them do my old Nibral props and they looked like gold when I got them back.

marcdups
08-18-2004, 05:02 PM
My bad, OK, they're up north somewhere, LOL, they do a great job !!

roadtrip se
08-18-2004, 06:22 PM
Does all of the Donzi race teams, many other race teams,
and many member's props here.

Matt and Julie are first class, know their stuff, and do what they say they are going to do!

http://www.throttle-up.com/home.htm

Hydromotive just picked them as their official racer lab prop provider.

Call the prop goddess and tell her I sent you,

Todd

Splendid
08-19-2004, 07:05 AM
Thanks for the replys guys..Right now I am running about 4800 @ 60 mph with about 1/3 trim. I am also thinking about running a 24 pitch 4 blade to increase speed. Still investigating

cigarette30
08-19-2004, 05:23 PM
I am thinking of having my propeller "Labbed" I have a 2004 22zx with a 350 mag with a 22 p 4 blade prop. What kind of speed gain should I typically see. Is this worth the expense? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

One point that needs to be made, for pleasure useage, you must consider that the prop will not withstand impact or "normal" grounding very well, the blades are "thinned", and the edges sharpened. In addition, all warranties are waived as far blade breakage, and further work that "brittles" the steel. This applies to all company's I know. With the 22, over the best "standard" prop, I gained 1-2 mph. (GPS) On a stock boat as yours, I don't think you would see 3-4, just my opinion.

GeneD
08-21-2004, 08:11 PM
I would surely recommend Throttle-Up do your propeller. I have vast experience with them, and they are without a doubt one of the top 2 propeller labbers in the country.
Yes, labbing does thin the blades, and makes the prop very valuable as it needs to be treated in a very delicate way as far as running aground will destroy it.
RPM's...if you have an RPM issue, just talk to Matt and tell him what your goals are and he will fill full every desire you have. It is possible to re-cup, thin out, blueprint (they have a device called an MRI which scans the blades and tells you EXACTLY where you're at, and where you need to go. Matt then blueprints the prop to your exact specs, OR will blueprint to what he thinks you need) and go fast.
Trust these people. Well worth the money.

David O
08-22-2004, 06:43 AM
Trottle Up Endorsement

I’ve been talking to and working with Julie for the last few months exploring the options out there for us running the old Volvo drives with the 17-spline shafts.
They have put their magic on a SS Michigan prop for me leaving the prop unrecognizable as a Michigan prop. The workmanship is absolutely beautiful. Having dealt with two prop shops here in Pensacola, Matt and Julie are in a league of their own.
NOW FOR THE GOOD PART
They are in Gulf Beach this weekend as the only prop shop for the Thunder on the Gulf Powerboat Races. So I paid them a visit to meet these two wonderful people. Here they are right in the middle of some VERY BIG MONEY BOATS, DONZI TEAM INCLUDED and here I come with an aluminum prop in my hand that needs some of their magic.
They both treated me as if they have known me for years as an old friend, as if my prop was as important as any of the others there if not more so, took time to talk the Volvo 17-spline issue and solutions. Welcomed me to leave my truck there in the pits as I walked and viewed all the boats, ETC.
TWO VERY FIRST CLASS PEOPLE
You can’t go wrong with these two.
David