PDA

View Full Version : JOHN "NITROUS" GOSSEN DIED SAT. IN POKER RUN

aleagles
08-16-2004, 12:04 PM
Nitrous Gossen died saturday during the poker run in the 1000 islands. He was driving his new catamaran and hit a boat wake which blew it over. his girlfriend was ejected and picked up by other boats and he went down with the boat. he was found on sunday afternoon in 112 foot of water still inside the hull. My deepest symapthy goes out to his family and close friends, He will be missed.

aleagles
08-16-2004, 12:08 PM
No. I was In Kingston when the news came.

jeepfan99
08-16-2004, 12:46 PM
I was at a party on Pictin Island with a bunch of locals and close friends of "Nitrous" when the news came in. He was not a regisitered participant of the run but had not heard he was heading in the opposite direction. I was running opposite the run as well and let me tell you the wakes created were pretty serious. He will be missed.

boxy
08-16-2004, 05:53 PM
My deepest sympathies to John's family, and friends.

I was near the accident site Saturday, due to our two boats breaking down, and the accident took place East of Alexandria Bay in the American channel, between Sunken Rock shoal, and Ironsides shoal, approx 6 hours after the Poker Run ran through there.
At the time of the accident most of the Poker Run boats were between Brockville and Rockport on the Canadian channel.
He was not in the Poker Run, and he was not chasing the Poker Run.
The River was very busy around the Bay, due to Pirate's Weekend, and the water was rough, and unpredictable, it was a sad boating accident, that was in no way related to the Poker Run, or to the driver trying to catch it.

God speed John.