PDA

View Full Version : 66' Donzi Hull Stripe Color

KDG
08-16-2004, 11:57 AM
First off, thanks to all who have responded to my posts for requested inforamation concerning my 66' triple hatch barrel back this past year.

I'm now attempting to identify the correct water line stripe color. The entire hull is yellow with a white center deck stripe and black waterline stripe. The black stripe appears to have been painted and is worn thin to expose what appears to be a white stripe.

Would the correct waterline stripe color for this boat be white to match the deck? Any information would be appreciated.

mattyboy
08-16-2004, 12:53 PM
usually the stripes match

the combos I've seen on older boats

all solid color no stripes

all solid color with a deck and waterline stripe the same contrasting color like yellow hull black stripes, baby blue hull white stripes, red hull white stripes and so on

and my color scheme
solid hull color white deck with a deck stripe same color has the hull and a white waterline stripe
red hull white deck red deck stripe white waterline stripe

this part is open for discussion and i could be wrong
in 71( this is the earliest year I have personally seen) or so they went to the white hull colored sides white deck and same deck stripe color has the sides

examples of each color scheme would be and can been seen on the registry

Chris Allard's barrelback
Cliff Winds's barrelback
Scott Pearson's Barrelback
Chris Allard's 22 classic

If you are looking for originality you might want to consider the earlier color schemes, or if not color you world !!c ;)

Matty

Greg
08-16-2004, 06:25 PM
I have an original '66 sheet form Donzi that came with my '66-18'. On the cover is a pic of a yellow 18' with black stripes and interior. I would think since it is white underneath and black on top that it was once originally an all white stripe. My own personal taste would be to go with white deck and boot stripes and white int. I also have a color chart from '66. It says "Colors and Fiberglass by FERRO" The yellow color is called "Yuma Yellow" #VF973.

KDG
08-18-2004, 11:51 AM
Thanks to both for geeting back to me on this. I plan to use a white hull stripe to match the deck stripe. The 351W is in for a rebuild and I should have it back soon. With all things going on aside from the project, it'll be spring before she gets splashed. I'll have to post some pics when ready.

Thanks Again!