PDA

View Full Version : Need new carb recommendations

Dredgeking
08-13-2004, 12:15 PM
I have a ZZ4 350 ci GM crate engine that makes about 345 hp. It has an automotive 750 Holley double pumper carb on it now. The carb is not flowing fuel out of the rear two bowls. So, I want to change it to a marine carb that is closer in correct size. Maybe a 650 Holley marine carb. I just want to hear what you guys were using on your SBC's. The easier to setup, the better.

Rootsy
08-13-2004, 12:51 PM
Barry Grant manufactures a carb that is specifically calibrated to the ZZ4 motor. IT IS NOT a marine carb but very close... if you ask nicely they might do a marine carb of the same size with the ZZ4 calibration...

650 is PLENTY to feed that motor and what i'd run if it was me..

i really LOVE the BG Demon stuff... vs holley... they are good right out of the box for most setups.. with only minor tweaking.

you also have the option of the edelbrock Carter AFB style or quadrajet...

gero1
08-15-2004, 09:06 AM
i have a zz4 in my pick up. zz4 are supposed to be 355 hp, with the up grade cam and 1.6 roller rocker arms all from g.m the dyno sheet g.m sent me shows 396.7 hp @ 5600 and 418 ft @ 2000 give or take cant find the sheet now. did the upgrade before i put the moter in, out of the box 750 with vac sec, never touched a screw on it but the idel in 3 years, 16-18 on the hiway at 65 mph. the double is to much and i havent found any body thats ever got one of those edlebrocks to work worth a sh--