PDA

View Full Version : McGreevey

TuxedoPk
08-12-2004, 03:50 PM
Just wanted to a get a thread started for this one...

gcarter
08-12-2004, 04:07 PM
Just watched the speech on FNC, I feel sorry for his wife and kids.

McGary911
08-12-2004, 05:19 PM
Wonder if this is the tip of the iceberg? McGreevy has a lot of shady dealings and surrounds himself with some questionable people.......being gay alone, is not reason enough to step down. Rumor has it that his affair was with Golan Cippel, who he appointed to the top terrorism\security post in NJ. He had to step down, because he had very little experience, and was not even a US citizen. He was an Isreali poet, with 2 years if military service which is compulsory in Israel. He then landed softly working for one of the states biggest developers, who let him go, because he never showed up for work. That developer has a ton of problems of his own. I never understood why this guy was being brought into the govt' here. If the rumor is true, it explains a LOT.

gold-n-rod
08-12-2004, 06:32 PM
I'm with McGary. If it was a simple as an extra-marital affair (not that they are simple) than he could have taken his chances with a sympathetic public (he was elected by Democrats after all) and prolly ended up OK.

Whomever it was that he slept (?) with had to have been the tip of the iceberg.

Too bad, no one should have to give up a job like that for a simple marital indiscretion (just ask Bill and Hill).

another Randy

Walt. H.
08-13-2004, 12:04 AM
I know they say or someone once said politics make strange bed fellows but really?
"you come here often big boy"????? :rlol: :jestera: :garfield: :rlol:

mattyboy
08-13-2004, 08:31 AM
there are just too many punch lines here

another black eye for the state of NJ

NJ and YOU perfect together :tongue: he he he

Matty

rayjay
08-13-2004, 12:37 PM
... From what I overheard, nosy Republican that I am, there are some fiscal shenanigans as well, dating back to 2 years ago.

Anyone else think that for him to resign, and for him to want to do so AFTER the November election, this must be awfully close to Kerry? Especially considering the involvement of the DNC at such a high level.

After publicly flaying Christie Whitman for using NJ assets like helicopters and cars for her own personal use and charging personal air travel to the state, McGreevey was then caught by state auditors doing the same thing, only bigger than what he was up in arms over. So big that the NJ Democratic Committee had to pay the bills because Jim could not afford to. So much for the pot calling the kettle black.

I lived in NJ when he ran. Didn't like him then as he ran against the Republicans rather than saying what he stood for. I'm basically a Republican at heart, but I can respect someone, Republican or Democrat, who runs on their own ideas and principles, and not just against the other party. So what do I do, I move to CT where Rowland just resigned. Guess this type of thing is happening everywhere, only some Pols are better at getting away with it.

Matty Fass, a former State Speaker of the House in NJ (also had to resign as he was sent to jail) once told me many years ago that by the time you get elected to any office, even Dog Catcher, you have had to kiss so many butts and owe so many favors that you no longer own yourself.

Knowing NJ like I do, this is just the tip of the iceberg. Who knows if Golan Cippel really asked for the $2MM, I think there is a lot more to come, not all about who he was sleeping with. This may have just been the easiest and cleanest way to step down and hopefully defuse some of the fallout before it affects Kerry and the Dems in NJ.

rayjay

rayjay
08-13-2004, 01:39 PM
...Anyone else think that for him to resign, and for him to want to do so AFTER the November election, this must be awfully close to Kerry? Especially considering the involvement of the DNC at such a high level.

Seems that if he resigns before the 3rd of September then a Special Election would have to be held to fill the remainder of his term. McGreevey (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=4&u=/ap/20040813/ap_on_re_us/nj_governor_7) By staying longer the President of the State Senate, Richard Codey (D), takes over for the balance of his term which assures the Dems will retain control of NJ for a little longer and will not have to run someone for Governor in what would be a raucous NJ State election soon after all this "****e" hitting the fan.

Wonder if he will campaign for Kerry, or be asked to "not help" like Slick Willy was with Bore ... er ... Gore.

rayjay

Walt. H.
08-18-2004, 11:20 AM
Let the jokes begin!!...........
:rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol:
TOP 10 McGreevey jokes...
10 NJ state bird ....... swallow
9 NJ tpke renamed hershey highway
8 NJ raises terror alert level to lavender
7 we know he didn't like Bush, but this is ridiculous
6 now we know why Mcgreevey enjoyed "polling" so much
5 what does Mcgreevey and the Isreali navy have in common?
Jewish seaman.
4 NJ DMV to now call rear end accidents, a Mcgreevey
3 gives new meaning to stuffing the ballot box
2 post headline...Mcgreevey goes down
1 shouldn't take Mcgreevey long to get out of the governers mansion, he's already got his schitt packed!

:rlol: :D :rlol:

TuxedoPk
08-18-2004, 12:14 PM
:D :D :D LOL- I can't believe its taken this long for someone to jump on this post!

mattyboy
08-18-2004, 12:45 PM
:D :D :D LOL- I can't believe its taken this long for someone to jump on this post!

I don't think JUMP ON is a term I would use here! :tongue:

and I was trying to be respectful of the Office of the GOV of the great state of NJ that why I didn't chime in earlier

you know a joke is a joke but a stick up a man ass is no joke!
:tongue:
there's another one for ya Walt!! hehehehe

I hear when he leaves the Gov mansion he wants to be ridden out by one of his aides

He is looking into some new careers

1.playing football has a tight end or a wide reciever
2. going to sea has a rear admiral
3. starting a pop and pop candy store has a fudge packer