PDA

View Full Version : Southern Boys!

MOP
08-12-2004, 06:14 AM
I know we like to pick on our sunny state brothers, but I think we need to say a prayer or two. Watching the weather reports they could have a very bad time of it. I will be watching the forecasts and thinking of our Buds, watch your ass guys this looks like it can turn pretty bad.

Phil/MOP

rayjay
08-12-2004, 07:44 AM
My prayers go out too. The weather guru's are predicting more storms than normal for this hurricane season. I know it's not possible, but I just hope none of them hit land.

rayjay

Donzigo
08-12-2004, 07:32 PM
Well, we're supposed to get it head on. Police are up & down the street saying mandatory evac........We'll stay unitl the moring then take a look at it. "Big D" is 40 ft above sea level at my buddy's marine repair shop. Gary King is the best. He is in San Francisco, so another guy & I put his boat on the trailer & took it to the shop too.

The house...........who cares, the boat is safe.

DAULEY
08-12-2004, 07:36 PM
good luck richard our prayers are with you and be careful in what you do stay safe
bob

gcarter
08-12-2004, 07:45 PM
I pulled the Minx out of the garage today and took it to the neighborhood storage lot. I believe it will be OK because it's one HEAVY boat. The engine, interior, electrical system are all out of it because I'm pulling the deck in about two weeks.
However the garage door hasn't been closed in about four months. So after moving and parking the boat, I attempted to close the door. The counterbalance shaft on the right side has frozen and the door won't go all the way down. So I've got to go out to the garage now and fix this :cussball: thing before morning.

Digger
08-12-2004, 07:55 PM
best of luck men. our thoughts are with you. prepare the best you can, then take cover. :lightning

pmreed
08-12-2004, 08:38 PM
Thanks for the thoughts guys; we'll keep ya posted. My house is on a lake in south Orlando facing West, so I'll be able to watch the weather roll in after it whacks the West coast. I'm sure what we get in the center of the state will be bad enough; I feel for those on the coast proper. It could be devastating :frown:. You fellas over there need a bed, I've got plenty of space.

Phil

Scott Heidt
08-12-2004, 11:33 PM
Thanks for the kind thoughts boys! This is uncharted territory for Tampa!

The craziest thing happened tody. My mom sold her 35ft Catalina Convertible today. I can't believe the guy went through with the sale!

What timing for my mom. Sell your boat the day before a Hurricane!

Hurricane Outpost#1 Out!

We should have some wild pics in the next couple of days!

rustnrot
08-14-2004, 09:13 AM
Selling a day before a hurricane is amazing. Got me thinking about insurance. I am no insurance expert but I thought most policies would NOT insure if a hurricane is imminent....

Cuda
08-14-2004, 09:33 AM
My freind from St Pete Beach that is staying here after being evacuated is waiting to close on a house. He cannot get home insurance while a hurricane is in existence. Looks like another one is coming and he probably won't be able to get insurance yet. He is moving near Donzigo's place.

Scott Heidt
08-14-2004, 09:20 PM
Hey All!

Just looked at a few posts. Glad to hear everyone is safe. I'm real tried from all the prep work and follow up work associated with Charlie.

The sale went through! :) I am guessing that all the bank loan/ insurance docs were in place well before Charlie. It just needed to be executed.

I just looked at an update on the next Tropical Depression. I hope we dodge it too!

Yikes!