PDA

View Full Version : Blue beast rides again

MOP
08-10-2004, 07:53 AM
Fired the 22 yesterday, sounds a bit louder with the switch to headers and 4", hope to go and play a bit today. Needs a bunch of cleaning to be acceptable so I will be monkey in the bilge and wax on wax off for a few days, then the new rub rail, old GPS and some other odds and ends. 1000 Islands is in sight :yippie:

Cuda
08-10-2004, 09:50 AM
Good luck Phil.
We need some pics!

MOP
08-10-2004, 03:29 PM
A few pics of changes, T stat housing, brackets for Shift converter(pic is bad) had to mount out boart as it hit the doulbe pumper fuel lines, ingnition pack and oil filter. Some shots of exhaust and new filter location. All in all everything worked out OK, got timed runs sweet. Oil pressure gauge went nuts and died got a new one will put in later, may go for a spin later if wind drops off blowing a gale here right now.

Phil

Tony
08-10-2004, 04:30 PM
Phil, you do some nice work...and could probably be called the king of improvisation.
I am jealous of anyone splashing soon!

Bug
08-10-2004, 10:05 PM
Phil, Good luck with the sea trial. It's been blowing all day
here I'm sure it's not much different on Long Island. It's that
August trade winds (rough)

MOP
08-10-2004, 10:44 PM
It was blowing stink here also, I took the opportunity to seal and add screws to the hull joint, change out oil pressure gauge, sand drive for touch up. My side track of the day! Resurrected an old shop meter for S&G damn thing is maybe 30 years old. The batteries were in it since God when ever had to clean and re solder half the connections, have not seen that many resistors in a long time. Old but now works like new again. I like it because it has a 3X6 gauge you can read from 15 feet away nice when I am working on engine stuff and need to be forward. My fancy new ones fits in my pocket and can only be read when you are real close. Last night changed out the drive to Gimbel water hose much to the joy of the mosquito's. It was a bugger bought wrong size Merc hose everything was closed had to run to the shop, so now it has Perelli wire wound that should out last the boat and maybe me! I must have popped off the engine 10 or more times today, sure sounds good a nice rump rump rump kind of echos through the neighborhood a nice sleepy private road will probably get some flack but thats an Oh Well! Will get it wet tomorrow and maybe hit Claudios for BBQ night, god thing I have spell checker a few to many beers tonight. Still have quite afew few odds and ends plus finishing up the 383, thats now down to the wire. My buds want me to pull the Tempest and dump in the new mill! I said "Yeah Right puke the Alpha and no boating this year"

Phil

gcarter
08-11-2004, 06:47 AM
Phil, I hope it goes well today! I'll talk to you later.

MOP
08-11-2004, 08:00 AM
Will be a bit slow going this AM, been up for an 1-1/2 hours but cloud still looms between my ears! Was a good night though :biggrin:

rayjay
08-12-2004, 06:57 AM
Will be a bit slow going this AM, been up for an 1-1/2 hours but cloud still looms between my ears! Was a good night though :biggrin:

Phil,

Glad to hear the head's hummin' and the engine's thumpin', although after a good night it is probably the other way around. :cistineb:

There is still a lot of boating season left, even for those of us who don't live in the southern lands where 40 deg. is starting to get frigid (LOL). :shark:

Hope to hear you have splashed the beast soon!!

rayjay

MOP
08-12-2004, 07:08 AM
Hey rayjay been trying to get wet for the past two days, been blowing stink. Its now going to stay ****ty through the weekend, will hook up and take it into the shop and fiddle with odds and ends apint drive, do some wax on wax off hopeflly get the rub rail on. Will have to spash on sound side and run over your way one weekend.

Phil

rayjay
08-12-2004, 07:33 AM
Hey rayjay been trying to get wet for the past two days, been blowing stink... Will have to splash on sound side and run over your way one weekend. - Phil

Yeah, lately this weather has been strange. Yesterday morning was sunny here and then it blows up in the afternoon. I've been running ragged for the past few weeks. The women in my life (88 year old Mom and Michelle aka "The Diva") are getting all my time. Mom now wants to move out here and Michelle is doing Oliver this weekend and a 40th Nutmeg Players musical reunion show the following weekend. I'm going through multiple hell weeks at the same time, as anyone who has tried to get a hold of me can attest to. Lately I just look at a clock and try to remember where I am supposed to be and hopefully find I am there or at least close by.

It will be great to see your boat in the water!! Can't wait.

rayjay

MOP
08-12-2004, 07:40 AM
rayjay Quote! It will be great to see your boat in the water!! Can't wait.

Hope it floats LOL!

txtaz
08-12-2004, 07:46 AM
Way to go Phil, glad to hear you will be on the water soon. Hope everything goes smooth.
Wes

MOP
08-12-2004, 08:04 AM
Way to go Phil, glad to hear you will be on the water soon. Hope everything goes smooth.
Wes

Thanks not happy with losing a chunk of the season, will need to play hard into fall!

MOP
08-13-2004, 06:16 PM
Got the drive touched up 1/2 assed needs a bit more to finish, put new grommets in the so so windshield glad I had some left, filled a few more dings and finished sealing hull joint. Will try to get rail on tomorrow and set timing, hope it rains will keep customers away only have a week!

Phil

Lenny
08-13-2004, 07:17 PM
Mom now wants to move out here and Michelle is doing Oliver this weekend :eek: :eek: :eek:

I had to sorry, I read it the wrong way but it was funnier.

Hope you guys get a break in the weather. Both North and definately South in FLA. :)

rayjay
08-13-2004, 07:57 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

I had to sorry, I read it the wrong way but it was funnier.

Hope you guys get a break in the weather. Both North and definately South in FLA. :)

Guess I should really proof read my posts!! I should have said Michelle is playing .... no that has connotations too ... okay .... appearing as the Widow Cornie / Mrs. Bumble in Oliver this weekend. Better??

Our weather up here on the Sound, as bad as it has been, is nothing compared to what is going on south of here. Hope everyone makes it through unscathed.

rayjay

JimG205
08-14-2004, 09:12 PM
Looking good Phil-Know it's been a long frustrating haul for you,but looks like your well on your way.Been blowing down here all week,and tonight doesn't sound good.sounds like you can dip it Monday.Regards,Jim