PDA

View Full Version : TRS/215 E Trans Shift Actuator!*!*

pipnit
08-09-2004, 06:36 PM
My shift actuator on my '76 18' is kaputskied! Do any of you guys know of a place or a grave yard for these parts? I can have it rebuilt but I'm looking at some coin then and unwanted down time. It is a Mercury 215 E shift motor or actuator. Right now it just wants to stay in forward regardless of what we do. I don't want to tell the whole stupid story but I basically hotwired the thing to get in because the threaded insert on the throttle/gear shifter which backs off the spring for the neutral button popped out! ANYONE PLEASE???? :bawling:

pipnit
08-09-2004, 08:25 PM
I dunno who made the transmission on a merc 280 trs, just calling it that. Doing a hydrolic conversion sounds trick but thats a winter project, i'd like to get going asap. Really the original one worked fine until I botched it up.

Audiofn
08-12-2004, 07:28 AM
The Conversion is SIMPLE. New cable and just unbolt a few things and swap it in. Should not take long at all. Try Bam Marine I think I heard he had the parts around. If not he should know were to get them.

Jon

pipnit
08-12-2004, 09:14 AM
Thanks for all the ideas and suggestions Scott and Jon. The conversion consists of 200 bucks of stuff at the back end, a shift cable, (mine is electric right now) a throttle control that would accept a shift cable and a deal of work. Although dealers have been telling me that this motor is still available a 5-10 days, from the factory, the factory told me different. Mercruiser in turn sent me to PowerHouse Marine in LaCrosse Wi and they had a used one on the shelf which he'll guarantee for 30 days at a 1/4 of the price for a new one that I was being quoted. SOLD! It should be here tomorrow. Thanks again for the help!

Geoff :beer: