PDA

View Full Version : Football Time

RedDog
08-09-2004, 02:57 PM
I went for a boat ride Sunday afternoon. I was by myself with no other takers for the ride. Turned out to be the prettiest day of the year – clear blue skies, moderate temperatures like early Fall, and even a scent of football in the air ….
http://www.donzi.net/photopost/data/500/408Picture_001-med.jpg

http://www.donzi.net/photopost/data/500/408Picture_003-med.jpg

EricG
08-09-2004, 04:54 PM
These aren't from this weekend, but I would venture to say there aren't too many more folks on the board that can boat to the games like you and I can :biggrin:

I hope you have more to look forward to than we do this year...it may be rough :mad:

Notre Dame in a couple of weeks... :yippie:

-EG

RedDog
08-09-2004, 08:32 PM
Always something to look forward to but should be another rough year breaking in a new QB and other key positions. We also have Notre Dame on Nov 6. That's the easy part of the schedule - end the season with Notre Dame, Vandy, & Kentucky.

FL, GA, Alburn, and maybe AL are going to be tuff. Well maybe not AL :tongue: At least no LSU unless we make it to the SEC championship.

Oh - we also don't have Miami to beat on this year :biggrin.:

RedDog
08-09-2004, 09:01 PM
i thought a poke in the eye might get a response :)

2biguns
08-10-2004, 09:54 AM
I sat just below that scoreboard on the top row the last UA-UT bloodletting (we did all the bleeding from what I recall). At least I could turn around and look at boats during the second half :biggrin:

Somehow Alabama seems to have come up with 105 to play ball this year. I think the last 15 came from the rugby team and 4 from the girls soccer squad, so our opponents have absolutely NOTHING to worry about this year. In fact, if I were phat Phil, I would call off practice for the week before the Alabama-Tennessee game this year and let the players all go to the beach.

I absolutely love the Tennessee river leading into Knoxville. For those of you who have not run that river, it's unbelievable.

Here's Stella in her proper game day attire!