PDA

View Full Version : a story

goatee
08-07-2004, 10:14 AM
my son , who serves in the military, is stationed in cal.
he called the other day and was telling me about how warm it was and how everyone is so nice. people would stop him on the street and shake his hand and thank him.

then he told me a story about what happened to him at a grocery store on his way home from the base.

he said several people ahead of him in line was a woman wearing a burkha, and when she got to the cashier she loudly comented on a flag pin she was wearing on her shmock.

touching her pin,, yes said the cashier, i always wear it, and always will. the woman in the burkha then asked when she was ging to stop bombing her countrymen, explaining she was iraqi. just then a man behind my son put his hands on my sons shoulders and nodded to him and said calmly in a gentle voice,

lady, hundreds of thousands of young people just like this one have fought and died so you could stand here in my country,and accuse a cashier of bombing your countrymen.

it is my belief that had you been so outspoken in YOUR country,we would not need to be there today.

but hey, if you have learned to speak so loudly and clearly,
i'll buy your ticket and pay your way back to iraq, and you can straighten out the mess in YOUR country that you are obviously in MY country to avoid.

everyone in ear-shot cheered

Cuda
08-07-2004, 02:36 PM
Very cool! And the truth.