PDA

View Full Version : "Free" seat cushions

RPD
08-05-2004, 07:26 PM
This may not be the right location on the Board... but it's a freebie, not a sale, and this is the place everyone looks...

I have cushions for a 16' Outboard... should fit any 16 with wrap around seating and steering on the RIGHT! They are red, the ORIGINAL seats, and 28 years old... here's the condition:

1) several, but not all, of the zippers need replacement. This defect is not visible when the cushions are on the boat and repairs are not, therefore, immediately needed.

2) there is one (1) small tear in the side-bottom cushion, I have previously repaired this with a vinyl repair kit and the repair lasted about 10 years. I have another repair kit and it is included.

3) the color is faded and somewhat stained... I previously fixed this with spray vinyl coloring and it lasted about 10 years. I have not purchased anymore of this product but, as far as I know, it is still available.

Here's the situation. I recently (2 years ago) spent about $25K restoring and repowering this boat (4x what it's worth).... I came real close to repairing these cushions and using them for a few more years, but decided, in the grand scheme, new cushions from Bilt-Rite weren't that expensive... so they are usable, especially for someone on a budget who wants to delay some of the expense...

I will give them to anyone who wants them....you just pay the shipping costs.... if I don't have any response in one week, I will throw them away.

Thanks,

Bob

sweet 16 1966
08-09-2004, 09:37 PM
I could use them!

E-mail me.

Grip-it
08-10-2004, 08:24 AM
I'll take them and pay you 20 bucks.
e-mail me.
evan@gripit.com

RPD
08-10-2004, 02:25 PM
TWO tropical storms, both predicted to possibly reach hurricane strength, are both aimed at me this week.... (three boats to get ready, one in the water)... I'll respond (first come, first served) ASAP after the weather clears, probably early next week. Thanks.

Grip-it
08-10-2004, 03:27 PM
Thanks, I look forward to hearing from you. Be safe in the storms. I'll also make a donaiton to the board for the seats.
Thanks
evan@gripit.com :pimp: