PDA

View Full Version : Finally I'm boating... (my 26 ZX)

integra
08-05-2004, 07:13 PM
Hi to everyone! :wavey:

Sorry for my disappearing, but I had some problems(a drive broken too by the seaport lift :banghead: ) with my 26 ZX and only 3 days ago I was able to start boating, So I preferred to wait for some running impressions! :rolleyes:

So: I'm very astonished about the ride in rough waters (for the lenght), is very very precise.
I reached yesterday 60 mph on speedometer, the sea was not very calm, the engine was about 4700 rpm...
I hope to reach 65 mph but maybe the engine is still too new(only 6 hours) to make best performance..! and I have antifouling on the hull, so maybe it costs about 2-3 mph!?

I have to learn a lot about trim using, I'm still making experiments in ride to be able to use it at its best.

Crusing speed is maybe too slow for my waits.. at 3500 rpm i only reach 35-38 mph, depending on the sea.

I have a Bravo one 24 p fitted, do you think it's good for my 26 ZX or is there a better one?

Who owns a 26 ZX with 496 MAG HO like mine which performance has? :confused:

As soon as possible some running shots and some Italian Donzi Girls for the Registry! :tongue:

Ed Donnelly
08-05-2004, 07:28 PM
Nice to hear from you again..Sorry about your problems..Now that you are up and running ENJOY...Ed

integra
08-05-2004, 07:35 PM
thanx Ed!

I'm very very happy now!!

I'm making about 2 hours per day at least :D

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
08-05-2004, 08:56 PM
Just sold/traded my '01 26ZX 502Mag.
Sounds about right with the 24P prop, trim the drive to the first line (7 O'clock) on the gauge, when you desire all out balls to the wall, the 9 o'clock position on gauge is max allowed, stern will bury and nose high for speed, trim her out man.... she will love to handle it that way, trust me.
No tabs/planes, never used them, 65 will be your top and best speed with that prop if it is stock out of the box, you actually may only see 62 or 63 GPS with that set up...
Water, air, and the right trim will make her perform, most will slow down, you keep on rocking WOT....

If you want any info email me or PM me.
Bryan Tuvell

integra
08-06-2004, 04:53 AM
Just sold/traded my '01 26ZX 502Mag.
Sounds about right with the 24P prop, trim the drive to the first line (7 O'clock) on the gauge, when you desire all out balls to the wall, the 9 o'clock position on gauge is max allowed, stern will bury and nose high for speed, trim her out man.... she will love to handle it that way, trust me.
No tabs/planes, never used them, 65 will be your top and best speed with that prop if it is stock out of the box, you actually may only see 62 or 63 GPS with that set up...
Water, air, and the right trim will make her perform, most will slow down, you keep on rocking WOT....

If you want any info email me or PM me.
Bryan Tuvell

I'm sorry Brian, I didn't understand everything... I have trim tabs and drive indicator, the position are from IN (1) to Out (8)... I start with IN, don't use tabs, and when the boat planes (at about 3.200 Rpm) I trim Out to 4-5 depending on the sea. But If I use 4-5 at only 3500-4000 rpm the propeller seems to push out water too much on the air... :confused:
At 4800 rpm I tried to Trim till 6 but top speed was only 60 mph about...
cruising speed is not as high as I hoped and it seems too a bit late to plane...

Thanx for the infos!

PS: congratulation for your new 33!! :eek!: which engine does it have? 496 MAH HO? it's fantastic! :shades:

FEDE

Darrell
08-06-2004, 06:26 PM
Glad to here you are getting to use your boat, Brian is right just lift the tabs up and forget about them, the boat is fine without them, I might use them if I'm loaded to come up on plane faster, but not much after that. I'am running a labbed 24" and see @65 in fresh water. The boat handles rough water very well and despite it's heavy nature it handles very nice. Hope you have many years of happy boating with your new Donzi.

Darrell

integra
08-06-2004, 06:34 PM
thank you Darrel!

the boat only seems little slow to go on plane, at least at 3.200 rpm... yours too?

antoher problem is to go on cruising speed between 12 and 23-25 mph!! or less or more... :smash: :biggrin:

----->Question for everyone:

everytime you speak about top speed, you consider the gazoline tank full or not? and with how many people on board?? :confused:

Darrell
08-06-2004, 06:59 PM
Are you in calm or ruff seas, My boat seem to come on plane fairly quick, It takes some power to get on plane, but once I do I can pull back without coming off plane. If ruff water I seem to have some cavitaion problems if I try to cruise a 12-20 mph (I think, not sure if I have ever tried to cruise at those speeds).

Not sure of your boating history and don't want to offend you, but you are starting with the trim all the way down when you take off and when you cruise at slow speeds.

Enjoy

Darrell

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
08-06-2004, 08:34 PM
3500rpm should plane her fine, no effort.
No tab, (be sure drive is all the way back down!) just let her eat a few seconds and the nose will drop, about 5 seconds.
The boat has to be 19 to 20 MPH GPS to stay on plane, learned this the first time we tried to pull a tube. At this speed for whatever reason, to stay on plane drop the tabs all the way down.
Bryan

Just finished our drivers meeting and the water is HUGE, 4 to 6, hoping the high will lay her down overnight, wish us luck tomorrow, HRPA poker run, 100 miles of fun.......

Shanghied Again
08-07-2004, 06:19 PM
Integra, Run the boat and trim the boat until you get 5000 rpms you should be about 7 on your trim intigator and if you have the roud type slightly below half.. One you trim out keep feathering the trim until you achieve top speed (No Tabs) the 496/HO is good for 66 MPH depending on water conditions... Happy to see you back

integra
08-08-2004, 07:16 AM
Thanx to everyone, I'm making some experiments and improving in ride step by step :yes:

I realized the boat is very sensitive in Weight(fuel and people) off course.

integra
08-10-2004, 04:15 PM
Today with 6 people on board, the sea pretty rough and 3/4 Fuel, I reached 55 mph, not bad for a 26 feet! :smash:

what about cruising speed? my ZX at 3500 RPM is at 34/36 mph about.. yours?

What is maximum cruising speed allowed, to avoid any damage to engine and trasmission?

fantstic Ride today!! :cool:

Shanghied Again
08-11-2004, 08:34 PM
Whats a Cruising speed? I don't think I ever seen below 5000rpms.. HEHE. :jestera:

blackhawk
08-11-2004, 08:55 PM
Shanghied, I'm also confused. My boat only has two speeds, idling and WFO! And what are these "trim indicators" people keep speaking of? ;)