PDA

View Full Version : 3,528 Members

David O
08-05-2004, 04:54 PM
Out of 3,528 members someone has to have a stainless steel LH prop that fits the old Volvo 270, 17 spine foot, laying around somewhere they need to get rid of, such as an ultra prop or something similar.
I need one in the 23 to 25 inch pitch range.
David O

Lenny
08-05-2004, 07:35 PM
Short or long hub?

David O
08-05-2004, 09:49 PM
long hub

boldts
08-06-2004, 08:00 AM
PM Big Grizzly or better yet, try to give him a call. (770-740-8869) He was working with a company and testing the props on his Donzi. Left hand, stainless for the Volvo drive. Tell him Scott Boldt says hello!

David O
08-06-2004, 08:10 AM
Thanks Scott
I have tried that route with no results.

boldts
08-06-2004, 04:05 PM
No Prop or unable to reach Randy? I hope he's ok. Come to think of it, I haven't seen to many posts from him in quite a while.

Maybe one of the other GA guys like Tomahawk or Bad Tat could help you get in touch with him if that is the problem.

David O
08-06-2004, 06:45 PM
Scott I wrote to Randy after he made the first post, heard from him once, followed up on that one with him and some other e-mails and have never heard another word from him. I noticed some others posted also in reference to the Solas props that Randy referred to and still no replys. I have also contacted Solas by phone trying to find out info on the props and talked to the rudest Manufactures Rep I have ever delt with, near Tampa, I think.
One thing I learned many years ago, I will not beg someone to sell me something that they are supposed to be in the business selling. I realize Randy works for Honda and is just doing the Solas people a favor but based on the treatment I caught from the manufactures rep for having called him directly they are really going to have to be one hell of a good prop before I buy one. At this point I am considering changing out my out drive verses buying a solas prop. Now if I can find a good LH ultra in the 23 to 25 inch pitch range then better yet for the time being.

boldts
08-07-2004, 07:43 PM
David,

Wow, sorry to hear your experience with Solas. I agree with you though. If a company doesn't want to treat me with respect, I sure wouldn't give their product a second look! It might cost me more to have what I want built by someone who doesn't normally build that item, but if they offer better service, I sure wouldn't mind paying the extra dollars.

Good luck in finding an Ultra. I'll keep my ears and eyes open for you!