PDA

View Full Version : C.m.s. Racing

fasttrucker
08-05-2004, 03:56 PM
My race shop that did my 502,has a race boat that took 3rd place in the second race of the season at atlantic city,nj.He races a 32ft sutphen.Our local boating paper,the noreaster has pictures, august 6th issue.Tony put his "C.M.S. racing" lettering on the back of my donzi.At first I wasnt sure about it and thought my wife would hate it.Now I think its cool! Performance boaters come up to me and say...TONY.Yes....then you see other boats on the bay with his lettering on.....What would you do if someone lettered/named your boat without asking you?But you know it might be my boat but I guess its also his.

Kirk
08-05-2004, 04:51 PM
At least your engine builder can make a motor that runs for more than 5 minutes.

STAY AWAY FROM ZIGOURAS RACING (www.zigourasracing.com) they sold me for 3k nothing more than an anchor. About the smartest thing I did was to purchase an extended warrenty which I have exhausted repairing his F&^%-up's.

They are located in Brockton, Mass and dont derserve to stay in Business.

I sure hope they see this post....if his work was good I would have gladly put his stickers all over my boat.

KJ

Ed Donnelly
08-05-2004, 07:24 PM
My engine builder puts his decal on the valve cover. I wouldn't mind one of his on the back...Ed

Rootsy
08-05-2004, 08:43 PM
hmmm i've always thought of it like a car dealership putting their stupid lettering on my tailgate and such... i always ask em if they are going to pay me EACH MONTH for advertising for them... 100% of the time i leave with nothing on the truck that didn't come from the OEM...

as far as engines.. whatever i put together gets aluminum (now engraved vs decal) valve covers with my logo on em... i would not letter someone elses boat externally unless of course i was somehow sponsoring them in a competition type of environment, etc...

as far as zigouros... i once read what they were spewing on ebay... i agree... back away.. faaaaaaaaar away... far far faaaaaaaar away...

ChrisWarner
08-05-2004, 08:57 PM
At least your engine builder can make a motor that runs for more than 5 minutes.

STAY AWAY FROM ZIGOURAS RACING (http://www.zigourasracing.com/) they sold me for 3k nothing more than an anchor. About the smartest thing I did was to purchase an extended warrenty which I have exhausted repairing his F&^%-up's.

They are located in Brockton, Mass and dont derserve to stay in Business.

KJ
I've bought two engines from them so far, and I've never had a problem. My Donzi is powerd by a 1999 Merc 6.2L, but my 357 Formula has two zigouras racing 502's in it with almost 300 hours on them. Granted, they are only around 500 horse or so, but they perform pretty well, considering all the hours I put on them. Is this your first engine from them?

Chris :convertib

ChrisWarner
08-05-2004, 09:01 PM
My engine builder puts his decal on the valve cover. I wouldn't mind one of his on the back...Ed
wow... that's a hell of a valve cover! Looks do sell but this looks more like something you would see at a trade show!

Chris :convertib

Kirk
08-06-2004, 09:03 AM
Yes...Chris it was my first and LAST engine from them. Glad to hear your experience was better than mine. They do say that good news travels.

Guess what....BAD NEWS TRAVELS FASTER THAN GOOD. With the internet at my disposal one could only imagine the ways I could make this STINK.

The good news is that I have learned alitttle and am doing the rebuild myself and feel far more confident than the untrained chimps they employee @ Ziquoras Racing.

After giving Zigouras the chance to make it right three seperate times and eating my way thru the warrenty I have come to the conculsion that they dont derserve to suceed in business. As a result of their follies Engine Pro (the warrenty company, dropped them from the program) so they no longer can offer a warrenty. YEAH I am PISSED OFF as I have taken over 1 1/2 years restoring my Donzi and have spent well over 12k getting it ready to run and because of Zigouras's issues they have robbed my of a seasons boating and here in the NE the season is only four months.

Maybe...just maybe they only understand BIG BLOCKS and not SBC 350's they must be really different. Guess my $3300.00 was just play money to Zigouras.

Does anyone want my Zigouras Racing Stickers for the side of their boat? If so please let me know ASAP as mine are going into the GARBAGE later today.

KJ

Rootsy
08-06-2004, 09:51 AM
Yes...Chris it was my first and LAST engine from them. Glad to hear your experience was better than mine. They do say that good news travels.

Guess what....BAD NEWS TRAVELS FASTER THAN GOOD. With the internet at my disposal one could only imagine the ways I could make this STINK.

The good news is that I have learned alitttle and am doing the rebuild myself and feel far more confident than the untrained chimps they employee @ Ziquoras Racing.

After giving Zigouras the chance to make it right three seperate times and eating my way thru the warrenty I have come to the conculsion that they dont derserve to suceed in business. As a result of their follies Engine Pro (the warrenty company, dropped them from the program) so they no longer can offer a warrenty. YEAH I am PISSED OFF as I have taken over 1 1/2 years restoring my Donzi and have spent well over 12k getting it ready to run and because of Zigouras's issues they have robbed my of a seasons boating and here in the NE the season is only four months.

Maybe...just maybe they only understand BIG BLOCKS and not SBC 350's they must be really different. Guess my $3300.00 was just play money to Zigouras.

Does anyone want my Zigouras Racing Stickers for the side of their boat? If so please let me know ASAP as mine are going into the GARBAGE later today.

KJ

any details on what exactly failed in this motor? was it due to part defect or workmanship?

roadtrip se
08-06-2004, 10:34 AM
from my testing, certification, and transportation supplier on the valve cover of my 500EFI takeout motor.

I left it on there as a reminder of all the help I got putting that project together. If there was a sticker on the outside transom, it would be coming off. After all asthetics are asthetics!

Todd

Kirk
08-06-2004, 01:20 PM
What failed on my first engine from them or the second engine from them......

The first motor sbc 350 the heads were shot....they looked terrible. When I installed I found that the block was filling with water, must have had well over two quarts in the pan. The diagnosis was bad heads as water was pissing out number one plug. So I took the intake off and found solid clumps of rust around each journal which they siliconed so they would not leak...or so they thought.

At that point I requested a new motor...Zigouras than sent me a new motor after waiting a month I finally received.

The second motor installed suffered as well after install (that I again had to pay for) ultimately it was a bad oil pump. When I was tearing it down simple things like piston rings being 180 deg. from one another did not happen. This was the case on at least four cylinders. All rod/main bearings, crank, pistons were toast.

So....now I have to have it line board get a new crank, pistons, main and rod bearings have it punched out to .30 over. Paint the block orange (yes chev. orange) again and hope for the best.

In the end I will have learned a great deal but in the process lost seasons worth of boating and had my warranty exhausted for an engine/engines that never ran for no more than 1/2 hours time.

Enough ranting and raving.......I am a very forgiving person for the most part but when someone misrepresents themselves. Does not stand behind the work they performed and lets a warranty company mop up the mess (no offense Phil) they created I think we all would have issue with that.

If the stars and plants align in the right part of the universe I hope to make the family picnic on Lake George and catch up with all.

Thanks for all the help and support!!

KJ

boldts
08-06-2004, 03:51 PM
I've always followed Root's thinking on companies putting their stickers on my cars. I've also always taken the boat dealership sticker off my Donzis. Like Jamie said, these folks aren't paying me or anyone else to advertise for them. Yet, if I had my own buisness, I'd have to advertise and it would cost me, not the people I'm servicing.

With that said, if an engine builder kept me involved in the process of building my engine, had it in my hands when promised, and their reputation appeared to be great from word of mouth and past customers, I'd be more than happy to display their logo in the engine compartment. I still don't know if I'd like it etched on my engine though. It's not the decal that impresses when you put the hammer down. After you smoke someone, they almost always want to know 2 things. What are you running and who built it?

Word of mouth goes a long way. I've known many who's sole buisness comes from satisfied customers telling other customers about the buisness. Doesn't mean a mistake still couldn't happen, but if old customers are telling you how the service was fantastic, you can bet that the buisness will do all they can if that mistake happens to make it right with you.

RedDog
08-06-2004, 11:32 PM
i have a donzi marine sticker on the back of my car and truck...

use to have a donzi sticker on my laptop - but upgraded and gave the sticker (and laptop) to my son...

matter of fact, i put a donzi ad on my back (tee shirt) a lot...

so, if you like it do it.

McGary911
08-10-2004, 03:52 PM
I had some work done on my 911, and i asked if they had a Porsche club discount. They said they'd take 5% off for my PCA membership, and 5% off if i put one of their "bodymotion racing" decal across the back window. This was already after I had been quoted a price. Seemed like a decent way to handle things. I kept it on until the sun started peeling the letters (or the 155mph blasts at Pocono raceway :) ).
I just bought a car from a new car dealer yesterday...had a small decal on the trunk from the dealership. That one didn't last more than 5 minutes, along with the damn license plate fillers with the dealers name on them.....

As for having it on the boat? As long as it was easy to peel off, i would take it as a minor annoyance. Some folks may like the look, and feel its like a bonus.....to each their own....