PDA

View Full Version : 1966 St Tropez

Sierra
08-04-2004, 04:01 PM
:cool: I would like to get some information about the 66 St Tropez. Does anyone know?

Lenny
08-04-2004, 04:53 PM
http://www.donzi.net/photos/sttropez1.jpg

http://www.donzi.net/photos/sttropez2.jpg

Sierra
08-10-2004, 06:32 PM
Lenny thank you for the info. My St. Tropez is also red and it is getting completely restored. Pic to follow:smileybo:

Morgan's Cloud
08-11-2004, 10:09 AM
Hey Sierra ,

I just picked up on this ... been off for a few weeks ..

I have a 66 St Tropez too ! I believe it is a 66 anyway .. That is how the guy sold it to me .. It is still in 3 pieces ( hull,cockpit liner,deck seperation restoration ) has been going on for 2 years and 8 months so far . I have yet to find a HIN anywhere and it can't get anymore stripped than this ! I wonder if it is possible to predate any numbers in old Donzi s ?

How long have you had yours and what was in it ?

If you just got it be warned ... I got mine 17 years ago and the front tank was long gone no good back then! That is part of what this monster resto is all about ..

Steve

Lenny
08-11-2004, 10:11 AM
Steve, is the number on the back of the wood chock behind the bow eye? The re-inforcement?

Morgan's Cloud
08-11-2004, 10:20 AM
HI Lenny ,

Saw you were on line when I was composing that.

In fact that area is the only 6 square inches of the entire boat (inside and out) that I have not yet uncovered .
When I did my first partial resto in '87 I put a massive stainless backup plate on a new bow eye there and as the deck was still on then I was limited in my access/visibility of the area.Now it is out in the wide open I will be removing it soon but cant believe that the number is under it ..That area still has the original grey gelcoat finish and the number would have to be (very coincidentally) exactly smaller than the stainless backup plate which measures about 1.75" X 7".
I guess I will see soon enough .. I just can't believe it is there ...Maybe Sierra can tell me if he found one on his and where it was .

Steve

Lenny
08-11-2004, 11:16 AM
The piece appears to be black walnut on my 16. There was no number on top of the grey gel, then I stripped the grey gel off and there was no number on the bare glass, thene I removed the glasswork and held the little piece of "walnut" in my hand and it was NOT on it either. Anyways, I do know people are finding numbers there of that vintage just don't get your hopes up too high. :)

Sierra
08-11-2004, 09:30 PM
Lenny I got my Donzi seven months ago. I had it completely dismantal (well allmost), the top was removed the old wood was also placed. The tramson was replaced, togather with the buckheads, and I do have a new gas tank. The cc is also gettin the treatment, the haul is being stripped to the gelco (its RED) and it will be red.

By the way if you want to see it its on the model site as the St Tropez example. It was blue at that time.

Steve tomorrow I will check into the HIN on the or around that small buckhead for the lift hook. I also had made a new SS plate.

I have pics. I just need to make then get on this machine.

Ricardo.

Morgan's Cloud
08-12-2004, 06:50 AM
Hi Ricardo

Let me know what you find. I have been over every square inch of the inside of mine and found nothing yet ... console deck , floor unit , You name it ! Yes there is writing in certain places that is undecipherable , but nothing resembling numbers .

What was your power .. if any, when you got yours ?
Did you have only one functioning bulkhead when you got to them like I did ?
You say you took the top off and removed the wood .. do you mean deck removal and re-core ?
Are you havng fun with that front tank ?

Do tell all .... VERY few St Tropez' around here it seems !

Steve

DonSierra
06-22-2009, 08:06 PM
Scott I have been a menber from July of 2004. I was out for a time and fore got my old password.

Ricardo Sierra