PDA

View Full Version : water in chemical head compartment

vgraham882
08-02-2004, 11:06 AM
I have a 1989 23' ragazza. Everything was fine until I opened the chemical head compartmrnt and found about 3" of water and the head was floating. Think it is coming in from rain into the anchor compartment. I lifted up the rug in the head compartmrnt. and found a drilled hole,1", in the floor of the compartment. The water had come up through the hole. I stuck a rod down about 3" and hit the hull. Question: Should this water have gone into the bilge area in the rear? The bilge is all but dry. Any help would be appreciated. It seems like this is a sealed compartment.

Thanks

rchevelle71
08-02-2004, 01:17 PM
Those holes are drilled to drain the water back to the bilge, probably plugged up, you are going to have to reach your hand down in that crap, and clear it out.

vgraham882
08-02-2004, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the idea. The only problem is that it looks like the only access to that area is through that 1" hole. This area is just behind and below the anchor well. Thanks again.

Ed Donnelly
08-02-2004, 03:15 PM
Stick a 3/4" snap on telescoping mirror into the hole. Use a flashlight to locate the plugged bilge drain. Bend a coat hanger with a small hook on the end, and clear the obstruction...Ed

vgraham882
08-02-2004, 03:27 PM
Thanks for the idea. This my first season for this boat and I am still learning. Actually is was pretty funny seeing the head floating of course after you find out what it is about.