PDA

View Full Version : 1979 22' Donzi Criterion on Yachtworld

Brad Lyon
08-01-2004, 09:14 PM
I have no idea how long this has been listed because they do not indicate when the ad was placed but I just ran across it. I wish I had a spare 37,500!

Brad

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/pl_boat_detail.jsp?currency=USD&units=Feet&checked_boats=1173458&slim=quick&

Brad Lyon
08-01-2004, 09:17 PM
This looks like it could be the same boat but the price was dropped to $34,900. What a beautiful boat!

Brad

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/pl_boat_detail.jsp?currency=USD&units=Feet&checked_boats=1163365&slim=quick&

Brad Lyon
08-01-2004, 09:31 PM
No, I think they are the same boat because of the "Donzi" stickers on the side. Each ad has a picture of the stickers and they look the same to me. They are the same as I have on the back of my truck which come from a bigger boat.

Brad

Lenny
08-01-2004, 10:25 PM
:eek: why am I always so broke :confused: Beautiful, just like Jim and Grizz's but the 6.2 might have a lot of work to do. Actually it will have a lot of work to do. Seems to me these boats like a minimum of 400 ponies for starters. Beautiful just the same.

Damn, even the piggy bank is empty :rolleyes:

MOP
08-02-2004, 06:35 AM
The boat belongs to Gene Bianco, I know him from years back through friends. Back then he was a perfectionist his stuff was awesome like Pearson's work, A few weeks ago I was over at Vintage Marine and spoke with Danny Acierno he re-habs vintage V12 marine engines, these are way class re habs much of which is hand crafted and can end up costing as much as $75,000 each, several will be at the Clayton Antique race boat show. Gene is working with him which should give you an idea of the type of work he is capable of. He said Gene is way more fussy now than he was 30+ years ago, to me that means this boat has to be a JEWEL!

A P.S. We have a few member that live real close to Gene if someone wants one of the guys to look the boat over.

boldts
08-02-2004, 07:49 AM
Yep, been looking at that ad for quite some time now. I thought this was the boat that Jim Haas was buying in the middle of last winter. Since it is not Jim's (Buizilla) and it is still for sale, maybe the price is what's keeping everyone away.

Pretty Criterion that will just have to have thru-hull added with some of those long tips extending down to the water-line.

BUIZILLA
08-02-2004, 08:04 AM
I don't think the price on this Criterion is out of line whatsoever. I think it's more than fair, considering 1)rarity 2)quality 3)all new engine, drive and parts and paint etc. I know what I paid for mine, and after my upgrades/mandatory repairs, etc, I now have way more than his current asking price in mine. I also think that the 6.2 package, overall, is a sleeper deal. I really like that engine. I can't accept, however, what M-cruiser charges for the $$$$ difference between that and the 350-300MPI... :confused:

When you look at what the ultra rare Chris Craft Cobra's are selling for now ($150,000) these will follow at some point... at least I hope it will :rlol: I also think the bench seat Hornet's aren't far behind either... but hey, what do I know :sombrero:

Somebody just needs to step up to the plate, and get it over with on this one.

JH :wink:

DAULEY
08-02-2004, 08:37 AM
did all criterions come with thur hull exhaust or was that a option
thanks bob

Brian Freeman
11-01-2004, 01:53 PM
Can anyone put me in contact with the owner directly. I am interested in the boat. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks

Cuda
11-01-2004, 02:15 PM
The way I look at it, if you take good care of it, it will never be worth less money, and besides, why would anyone want to sell one of these jewels once they got their hands on one?

BUIZILLA
11-01-2004, 03:21 PM
You can't buy one today, and get it to the condition this one is in, for close to the asking price. Any $$$ under this price is free money. Just my .02.

JH

Cuda
11-01-2004, 04:30 PM
If anyone buys any boat to try to make money or even break even, they need a new financial planner. Boats aren't and investment, they are a lifestyle. But if you insist, I have a better plan for your investment. Hold on, let me find my list of bridges I have for sale. :)

Brian Freeman
11-01-2004, 04:36 PM
very true. Boats are not investments. You buy them to enjoy.

Fish boy
11-01-2004, 04:40 PM
i don't know the value of these things like some of the folks who have chimed in here, but if a list were complied of the coolest donzi's even made, the criterion would be very high on the list. Since they are so rare, the value really is what ever someone is willing to pay for it and finding that buyer. If someone just wants to get into a donzi, there are boats that will perform extremely well for less money. But if I had a lot of extra cash, I would buy one of these before another donzi anything just becuase I have always been in love with these and the opportunity to find one is so rare. I enjoy my boats, spend $$$ keeping them going, and at the end of the day I dont shammy it and say "boy is this a good value"...I have said "I love this boat" a time or two though.

Cuda
11-01-2004, 05:40 PM
I agree Jody. If I had an extra 35 grand or so laying around with no place to spend it, I'd have that Crit in my garage! If it just had the blue gel hull, I could have a match for the Minx. :)