PDA

View Full Version : Bravo 2 Drive

thriller
08-01-2004, 08:44 PM
Looking for a Bravo 2 drive for a spare. If anyone has or knows of where to get one, please PM me with the details. 1:50 ratio
Thanks
Mike:shades:

Lenny
08-01-2004, 10:33 PM
Are you cruising again Mike? I spent the weekend on Piers Island. Gorgeous weather, no loud boats tho, just hundreds of Megayachts with that other flag... :)

Greg Maier
08-02-2004, 05:22 AM
Thriller,

I don't know how well a Bravo II would work on a Blackhawk. A Bravo II is extra long and has a large prop diameter.

I run two different drives on my Blackhawk, the Blackhawk Drive and a Bravo III Drive. I get around 80 MPH with the BH and around 70 MPH with the Bravo III. The Bravo III is much better in the rough water, which is why I like it when I am on the Chesapeake. It also comes out of the hole like a ski boat.

thriller
08-03-2004, 12:30 AM
Thriller,

I don't know how well a Bravo II would work on a Blackhawk. A Bravo II is extra long and has a large prop diameter.

I run two different drives on my Blackhawk, the Blackhawk Drive and a Bravo III Drive. I get around 80 MPH with the BH and around 70 MPH with the Bravo III. The Bravo III is much better in the rough water, which is why I like it when I am on the Chesapeake. It also comes out of the hole like a ski boat.
I've heard through some other BH LE owners that the B2 HP has a low water pickup and the prop to use is a 26p Bravo -4 blade using a 1:50 ratio...-?? X dimension is different on the LE's with a built in rocker...

blackhawk
08-03-2004, 08:46 AM
I don't know anything about the Bravo II but if it is indeed a "longer" drive I can't see it working very well at all. Are you looking for a spare? If so, I would stick with a Bravo I or III.

DAULEY
08-03-2004, 12:21 PM
i installed a bravo one with low water pickup and boat ran great i would say thats the way to go much more user friendly and only about a 7- 8 mph loss i ran a bravo 1 26pitch great stearn lift boat ran much like a classic with a imco shorty
just my 2cents
good luck
bob

thriller
08-04-2004, 12:15 AM
Thanks Guys..I will search for a Bravo 1 then..My BH drive is now over in Victoria where I await the news. New HD gear set for sure and hopefully thats it?? If I only had a spare drive my down time wouldn't be such an agonizing experience.

I like the idea of a Bravo for cruising and the BH for poker runs.
Looking forward to the 29p BH props I just purchased from Bob Schorsh..More rpm little less speed but a spare set of props can't hurt especially cuz they just don't make them anymore.:wrench: