PDA

View Full Version : A Good Day!

MOP
08-01-2004, 06:43 PM
Had a good one was quiet and rainy so I changed out the replacement hitch form Tie Down, took the boat down to the marina so I could hide from the rain. My project for the day was to remove the old vinyl stripping which frankly looked like crap, did not have a stripping Wiz wheel so I was burning them off with the buffer. One of the guys handed me a small heat gun to try, it was doing a better job with less mess, was BSing and not holding the gun on the tape. Low and behold it was peeling off really good just pulling it slowly, 1/2 hour later all gone that was a Yippee! The key switch was the next order of business, it was sticky and rotated within its hole. Had a brandy new one but it had the wrong lugs, well having it apart already decided to fix what was there, the hole had been cut round with no flat to stop rotation. Well a large washer and an Oring sandwiched stopped it dead in its tracks, a dab of graphite works like new can return $20.00 new switch.

Ed Donnelly
08-01-2004, 07:37 PM
Mop; Now who says you can't teach an old dog, new tricks.
I bet it was some young whipper snapper(under 50) that handed you the hotair blower. Don't stop now, the 1,000 islands is just weeks away....Ed

MOP
08-01-2004, 08:50 PM
Mop; Now who says you can't teach an old dog, new tricks.
I bet it was some young whipper snapper(under 50) that handed you the hotair blower. Don't stop now, the 1,000 islands is just weeks away....Ed

Did you notice the NOT in: was BSing and not holding the gun on the tape! The darn stuff with no gun was coming off in good long strips, had to keep picking up the end to grab when it broke. Here I was burning it off with the buffer and heat gunning and it turned out to be easy just pulling it. One of my Merc buds is going to come by and help out a bit, there is still the new rub rail, stripes, a bit of reconfiguring of the hosing for the headers, make brackets for what was hung on the old risers, reinstall distributer, hang drive, fix a few more dings and clean up. It will be a push getting it done, need a few more rainy days. It would be sweet to have a few days off this working 7 really sucks.

Rootsy
08-01-2004, 09:02 PM
send it over phil it'll be done by sunday :D

Ed Donnelly
08-01-2004, 09:08 PM
Mop; Did NOT notice the NOT>> I had so many tears of joy in my eye,( it was all so misty to read) from the progress you are making. Praying for a couple of rainy days for you...Ed

MOP
08-01-2004, 09:36 PM
Awe Ed don't get me all drippy eyed, just sty on you knees and pray :yes:

MOP
08-03-2004, 10:50 PM
Cleaned fittings up and reinstalled fuel lines on the Holley :wrench: . Took a while but finished up brackets for Converter and pack, darn Gil risers are so wide the converter hit the Holley fuel line :( . Went to plan B mounted converter outboard of riser, pack went well :) . Just about finished hosing the headers, may get to pressure system Thurs-Friday and running the by weekend (I HOPE) will post some shots 1/2 way through roll, yup still using film :rolleyes:

Phil