PDA

View Full Version : I GOT IT!! The Ford stainless header exhaust is in from Hi- tek!!

Moody Blu'
07-30-2004, 09:44 AM
Can you believe my exhaust was shipped on tuesday and i got it at 12 pm thursday!!! from australia!!!! WOW, thats faster then from cali!!

Anyhow, I opened up the box and checked out the exhaust. Hi-tek's exhaust is a piece of work. the exhaust ports are HUGE and these bad boys are completely custom all the way to the collector. Supposedly they create more HP then the FULL header system for cars/trucks. Allen pressure tests the water jackets to 75 psi and thats way more pressure then the water jackets will ever see. the welds on the exhaust are beautiful. I opted for BARE stainless exhaust, no pcoat or polish, (they will have a custom pcoat job next year) ;) .he can powdercoat them any color you like though or opt for polish.

I will have pictures of the exhaust system very soon. Actually I'm going to install it today, I have to get a 4" hole cutter and about 2 feet of 4" exhaust hose. I have a feeling installing this exhaust is going to be a cake walk.I can tell already that the boat is going to be a completely different beast with this exhaust, especially going from a 3" tip with 2" riser port. OH BOY CANT WAIT!! :cool:

heres there website http://www.hitekmarine.com.au/

Rootsy
07-30-2004, 10:00 AM
hope you brought your chainfall or a buddy or two... make some studs out of some LONG bolts you cut the heads off of.. to thread into the holes in the cylinder head to slide these bad boys onto.. while you start the other bolts... cut a slot in the end so you can remove em with a screwdriver... your back and nuts will thank you...

JR - been there done that... went aluminum :)

MOP
07-30-2004, 10:22 AM
Broque the suggestion that "Rob" gave about putting a 3" hole saw inside of the 4" works great, that is if your holes line up and just need to be enlarged. You have to use the small holder and the size adaptor can't use the holder with the pin locks, it does lock them together real tight but they come apart with a strap wrence when done. Hope you don't have to get into glassing the old holes. Waiting for results and Pic's.

Phil

Moody Blu'
07-30-2004, 01:03 PM
HOLY CRAP!! $109 bux for exhaust hose and 12 clamps. got the exhaust gasket, 4" cutter, 5 quart of mobil one 10w-30 damn i need 5200, oh well ill get that tomorrow

question, do i need to double up on clamps for my exhaust? my buddy ted at the marina said i should double up on them???
I ran single clamps on my old setup with no problem??

I got 12 clamps for now, im going to double up the exhaust to adapter pipe fitting and use singles on the adapter to tip.

this should be fine right?

Forrest
07-30-2004, 01:43 PM
Hay wild man, let's see some pictures of those bad boys!

knots2u
07-30-2004, 02:25 PM
Absolutely double up on the clamps!

Moody Blu'
07-30-2004, 03:24 PM
GUYS I NEED HELP!! im takin off the glenwood manifolds right now. starboard side has two stripped bolts HOW DO I GET THEM OFF?????

i will be in soon, i am going out to unbolt the port side

damn stripped rusted miloden bolts!!!(I have brand new stainless arp for the new ones :beer:

please help asap anyone and everyone!!!

i tried callin big griz but hes not around??? and i dont have anyone elses number anymore!!

Moody Blu'
07-30-2004, 04:43 PM
ok, the port side came off no bolts stripped. So no wi am back to work on those pesky bolts.

I wacked them with a center punch to free them up hopefully ill get them off otherwise its grind time!!Wait until you guys see the glenwoods,they're a mess compared to the headers...

mikev
07-30-2004, 06:07 PM
soak the rusted ones over night in atf fluid should loosen them up some.

Rootsy
07-30-2004, 06:15 PM
i think he means the bolt heads (hex) are rusted off...

Cuda
07-30-2004, 07:40 PM
Cut or chisel the heads off the bolts, then pull the manifolds off. You might be able to get them off with vice grips then. If not, you should be able to heat them up and get them out. If not, it's the dreaded "ez out". :(

Cuda
07-30-2004, 07:41 PM
Btw, I've never had to use an ez out on a head bolt. Once you get the manifolds off, PB blaster and some sharp raps with a ball peen hammer usually do it.

Moody Blu'
07-30-2004, 07:55 PM
ok this is the situation right now. I have the port side header bolted on and it took 5 minutes!!!!! the plugs are real easy to take out form underneath with a 5/8 crescent wrench, even easier then a car!! i just got done cutting the adapter pipe for a different angle. the bottom was 1 1/2" closer to the transom then the top so i cut and compensated. I will have to do the same to the other side. starboard side is either a 1" closer or a 1" further then the port.once they fit perfect I will send the cuts back to allen for him to make the adapters EXACT FIT for a 351w donzi. I believe a 302 would be the same right?

As for the two bolts, theses damn glen woods are haunting me right now, there fighting me every step of the way to come off. FIRST, the glenwood maifolds are "threaded" soo, cutting the head of the bolt off wont work. now when i say threaded i say it loosely, the aluminum worked into the threads like a tap of some sort.

what do you guys think about cutting the port of the manifold with the stripped bolts off of the mainfold so vise grips or perhaps a tap could be used??? I know it will be messy. i dont care.
or maybe cut around the area the bolts are to free them from the manifold?

So, the mesquitos are out and thats my shut down time(I still have to clean up all the tools). Hopefully someone may an idea that will work great. I will be up early to work on the exhaust again.

By the way, i took all the old plugs out and they all are in really good shape, they have a residue of maxima castor 927 2 stroke oil from my bike on them. So I know the motor is ready to go. I just need to get this damn manifold off and cut the adapter pipes.

I will try to get a camera form my buddy so i can up load pics, other wise ill take phone cam pics but they suck!!

maybe pearson can help and take pics for everyone were is he? :lookaroun

mphatc
07-30-2004, 08:00 PM
The Glenmoods aren't worth saving IMHO, a large sawzall ought to cut through all four runners just outside of the ports , then with some care you should be able to remove the remaining bolts . . or

remove the pushrods and spark plugs on that side and run it as a four cylinder :smash: :smile: :rolleyes:

:outtahere

Mario L.
good luck!

MOP
07-30-2004, 08:13 PM
Lol!

Moody Blu'
07-30-2004, 08:14 PM
The Glenmoods aren't worth saving IMHO, a large sawzall ought to cut through all four runners just outside of the ports , then with some care you should be able to remove the remaining bolts . . or

remove the pushrods and spark plugs on that side and run it as a four cylinder :smash: :smile: :rolleyes:

:outtahere

Mario L.
good luck!

well mario LUCKILY the two bolts ar on the same exhaust port so i lucked out. I didnt think about using a sawzall on it thats actually a great idea. ill see if my bud down here has one.

I wish i was cutting the adapter pipe for the starboard side and not the damn manifold.

i do have one issue with valve cover clearance on the port side and it may effect the exhaust seal, i will investigate mroe tommorrow

Cuda
07-30-2004, 08:21 PM
I have never in my life heard of a threaded exhaust manifold, car or boat. How is it supposed to pull tight against the head? :confused:

Moody Blu'
07-30-2004, 08:42 PM
I have never in my life heard of a threaded exhaust manifold, car or boat. How is it supposed to pull tight against the head? :confused:
there not threaded but the fit is so close that some of the holes have actually stamped the thread into the manifolds in areas, albeit from the header not being lined up perfect. the glen woods arent a direct replacement for a donzi the exhaust height is different and causes problems, like this.

Cuda
07-30-2004, 08:46 PM
I would think they would pry off once the heads were cut off.

Moody Blu'
07-30-2004, 09:09 PM
I would think they would pry off once the heads were cut off.
yes they probably will, but if not im screwed.

so im starting to get a ide of what i will need to do. sounds like I should just cut the heads off and PRAY it will pull off and then vise grip the thread.

OR, I could sawzall the runner and try a vise grip on each head and possibly revert to cutting off the head sif that doesnt work.

I appreciate all the input guys! If you have any suggestions please buzz in.

MOP
07-30-2004, 11:31 PM
Broque just a thought, you said you have a valve cover clearance problem. I think it would pay to find or have some spacers made up to move the manifolds out enough to clear the covers.

ssgharkness020147
07-31-2004, 04:28 AM
Broque,
Before you go through all the trouble of trying to cut the log off I would reccomend picking up a set of these sockets from Snap-On. I dont know what size you need but I'm sure Snap-On has got you covered.
http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/pro_det.asp?P65=&tool=all&item_ID=67479&group_ID=17462&store=snapon-store&dir=catalog

I have a set and use them all the time they have proved to be very effective. For the best results use them with an impact gun if you have access.

Moody Blu'
07-31-2004, 01:43 PM
Broque,
Before you go through all the trouble of trying to cut the log off I would reccomend picking up a set of these sockets from Snap-On. I dont know what size you need but I'm sure Snap-On has got you covered.
http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/pro_det.asp?P65=&tool=all&item_ID=67479&group_ID=17462&store=snapon-store&dir=catalog

I have a set and use them all the time they have proved to be very effective. For the best results use them with an impact gun if you have access.
those sockets would be great but, the way the glen woods are the only way i could use them is if i cut the manifold off.

I am bout to check the manifold holes on the port manifold to see if its possible to yank the manifold off so i can use vise grips on the threads. I really hope this works...

Moody Blu'
07-31-2004, 03:43 PM
Funny no one mentgioned VISE GRIPS!!!!!!

I got those son of a bitches off!!!!!

1 hour on each bolt!!! the vise moved the bolt 1 mm each clamp on. arrgh how frustrating.!!!

Cuda
07-31-2004, 05:11 PM
Cut or chisel the heads off the bolts, then pull the manifolds off. You might be able to get them off with vice grips then. If not, you should be able to heat them up and get them out. If not, it's the dreaded "ez out". :(

You may want to read the posts all the way through next time.

Ed Donnelly
07-31-2004, 06:31 PM
I now see why you had so much trouble. You were thinking and doing METRIC(1mm) Should have stuck with SAE. I hate to use Vice grips on anything, but, sometimes you don't have a choice. When Cuda posted "vice grips" I thought to myself, I hope it doesn't get down to that....Ed

Cuda
07-31-2004, 07:18 PM
I suggested vice grips because he wasn't going to save the manifolds or bolts anyway. I never use them on good bolts, I think my 77 year old dad would still slap me if he saw me use vice grips or pliers on a good bolt. :eek:

Moody Blu'
07-31-2004, 07:44 PM
sorry cuda I should have re read, so i guess the credit goes to you!!

Anyhow your right about using vise grips but it was the only thing i could do. anyone would have resorted to vise grips in the situation i was in. BELIEVE ME when I got the bolt out I HURLED THE MANIFOLDS!!!!!!!!!! then i jumped on top of them and pounded them into the dirt :fire:

ED, i dont think you understand, I know how to use tools and properly size up bolts. it use to be a 3/8 bolt, BUT(if you re-read my post) I said a couple layers of rust came off the header bolts(about 1mm) soooo, the 3/8 crescent wrench was to big. BUT the 9mm wrench fit tight. the reason those two bolts stripped with the 9mm is because they had been rounded a little from constantly tightening the damn glenwoods on because they always came loose.

Understand that now?

TO SUM IT UP, glenwoods suck ass in almost every way.

OK SO.

everything is bolted up loosely all the pipes are lined up and the tips are installed as well. ITS SUCH A BIG DIFFERENCE between the old set up. the tips are monstorous and i cant wait to start it. that will be tommorow. I will try to borrow a buddies camera. the only thing left to do is eithe rmodify my valve covers or get a different set of valve covers.

all in all it came together perfect. I will be sending back the cut pieces of adapter pipes so that allen from hi-tek can make the pipes as i re cut them. BTW they line up perfect.I will also let allen know about the valve cover issue, the tips of the exhaust rub the valve cover so about a 1- 1 1/2 " angle out will solve this problem...

:wavey:

have pics soon fellas!!

I am your ford donzi gunea pig!

Cuda
07-31-2004, 07:53 PM
I will often pound the smallest socket I get get on down over a rusted bolt head. I try to use impact sockets for this purpose, because I have cracked a couple regular sockets pounding them on.

Glad you have it going your way now. Post some pics of the new exhaust.

Moody Blu'
07-31-2004, 10:00 PM
Its funny, I can tell who actually has worked with a set of glenwood manifolds and who hasnt from some of the responses.I tried the socket method. Thing is with the glenwood manifolds they WONT allow socket a to work, and even if you get a socket on theres no room for the extention or ratchet. And universals wont work either

I'm just glad they are off, only thing i have to do now is deal with the valve covers and cut the 4" exhaust hose so all the pieces are the same length.

RedDog
07-31-2004, 10:24 PM
Come on M Blu' - if your're giving us the blow-by-blow on installation, at least give us some pics. You can pick up a digital from Wally World for 30-40 bucks that will take great pics (resolution) for online posting

I wanna see these pipes - think they make a set compatable with Merc / Bravo Silent Choice?

What about brackets to hang modern Merc stuff?

Moody Blu'
08-01-2004, 02:27 PM
Come on M Blu' - if your're giving us the blow-by-blow on installation, at least give us some pics. You can pick up a digital from Wally World for 30-40 bucks that will take great pics (resolution) for online posting

I wanna see these pipes - think they make a set compatable with Merc / Bravo Silent Choice?

What about brackets to hang modern Merc stuff?

I know I know, im actually going to take pictures in a little bit. they do make oem replacement stuff for the mercs. I'm not sure about the silent choice.

Moody Blu'
08-01-2004, 10:18 PM
ok ask and yee shall recieve. Pleas dont ge ton my case about the rust on the block. when i first put the mtoor in the block had paint on it and i thought it was good, turned out to be crap. I painted the valve covers and manifold and they still look great.

Notice the exhaust hose is touching the back of the valve cover on both sides. I either have to cut the valve covers and have them welded or buy lower covers. I will inform allen of hi tek and this wont be a problem again. Those pesky glenwoods are lookin hideous and im glad they are out of the boat, everything was a pain in the ass with them. with these new headers, changing sparkplugs is a breeze and it wont take me a half hour to do a plug chop. Bolting the exhaust on and unbolting it is a simple 5 mintue process. Tha stianless tips with internal flappers are great as well. this motor is going to sound like a new beast. Also, the one picture has the water outlets from the header to the adapter pipe.

If anyone has questions please ask!

nuff said, here are the pics.

Moody Blu'
08-01-2004, 10:32 PM
here is the old tips http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4163

David Ochs
08-01-2004, 10:50 PM
Broque,
They look great! I'm wondering about what looks like a flow through pump on your raw water line. If so, is it to prime the primary pump? Good idea.

Lenny
08-01-2004, 11:02 PM
Broque, what happened to your latches for the engine cover ? :(

Cuda
08-02-2004, 12:23 AM
ok ask and yee shall recieve. Pleas dont ge ton my case about the rust on the block. when i first put the mtoor in the block had paint on it and i thought it was good, .

Did those rusty plugs have paint on them when you first got them too?? :)

Moody Blu'
08-02-2004, 03:22 AM
Broque,
They look great! I'm wondering about what looks like a flow through pump on your raw water line. If so, is it to prime the primary pump? Good idea.
Thanks dave I am very pleased with the product, I do have some minor draw backs but hey, I am the gunea pig ;) I dont have a flow through pump. I have a transom pick up that goes directly to my jabsco waterpump which is turned by the crank. Most volvos are set up this way. Thank god.

lenny, what do you mean what happened to my latches?They are on the boat, I actually got direct replacemtn latches from perko.

cuda, the plugs arent stainless and I dont feel like spending extra cash for them when the plugs I use (autolite/motocraft)work fine rust or not.

my next project will be the Interior which i have sitting in my house!! (im waiting on the buckets which should be in this week)

MOP
08-02-2004, 06:06 AM
Broque the key is the primer, one of my best friends runs a yard that services all the large steel vessels, he has the only railway capable of hauling within miles. On iron he insists the only primer that lasts is Pettit Rust Lock, it works better than the Mil Spec that the USCG calls for on their boats. I painted the Osco's on my 302 with it, it is bright silver in color and looked so good I did three coats and never painted over it, 4 years in salt -0- rust pretty damn good testimonial. It is extremely messy to work with its like painting with alcohol, good drop clothes are a must along with cheap brushes.

Phil

RvR
08-02-2004, 06:35 AM
Day late and a dollar short again :banghead: But maybe this will help someone in the future :cool:

You might try a nut breaker to split the nuts leaving the stud extension to grab. Then use a stud extractor, a cam operated stud gripper that fits a 1/2 inch socket wrench.

Regards,

Roy

Lenny
08-02-2004, 11:14 AM
Broque, in this pic, why the perimeter cut outs on the hatch flange? Was this for some other era exhaust scenario? That is what I am referring to.

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5028

BillG
08-02-2004, 01:11 PM
Moody,
Where did you get the water pickup?
I have the same flapper pipes on mine. They take some getting used to because you can hear them at idle. Sounds like a miss. The 4 in. pipes sure do sound great though. Good luck with the new exhaust, it looks great.

Bill g :biggrin.:

Moody Blu'
08-02-2004, 09:30 PM
Broque, in this pic, why the perimeter cut outs on the hatch flange? Was this for some other era exhaust scenario? That is what I am referring to.

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5028
sorry len, i got mixed up bob form built rite straightened me out about that. Yea, there was some sort of exhaust on the boat before i bought it. I know, it is hideous but ill live with it, I think of it as weight savings :banghead:

bill, I got the pick up from the one and only forrest. ;) Its a old merc style pick up with a brass strainer. I had cooling problems for 2 years and found out the culprit was a gasket on the drive. IMHO pick ups are a great upgrade and a way to get water into the motor even if you get in mud or seaweed.

BTW, i just ordered ford motorsport polished valve covers which are OEM height etc. I think my curent ones are higher. we shall see. I also talked to allen and he wants the cut piecxes of the adapter pipes. He will also be changing the angle on the headers so they are angles 1" away from my current set up. WHY? so if anyone else in this great country wants a set they dont have to buy new valve covers or be ME, the gunea pig :spongebob

Im happy to take part in designing the parts for a motor drive combo that before hi tek you had to shell out a cool $5000 for CMI headers.I hope all you ford guys think long and hard before you buy a center rise exhaust now that this is availible. Hell, even as a performance upgrade :convertib :moped:

so, i will let everyone know how the valve covers work out.
here they are, it hink they look like the same height? But allen says he checks the exhaust with a head and valve cover at his shop.

Moody Blu'
08-07-2004, 10:02 PM
Broque just a thought, you said you have a valve cover clearance problem. I think it would pay to find or have some spacers made up to move the manifolds out enough to clear the covers.

I have tywo choices right now, use a exhaust spacer or have a new set of headers sent to me. The new valve covers have the same problem but not as bad.

What does everyone think about exhaust spacers?Dont i have to double up on the gaskets then? i have to worry about leaks too right? I would have to use studs as well since my stainless ARP bolts arent long enough :kaioken:

help me out guys.

harbormaster
08-07-2004, 10:58 PM
I vote New manifolds. You have spent enough money that you need to get it right.

DO NOT GET IN A HURRY.

Moody Blu'
08-08-2004, 11:16 AM
I vote New manifolds. You have spent enough money that you need to get it right.

DO NOT GET IN A HURRY.

tough decision right?
scott makes a very strong point

So does the other scot :D

I already decided to get the new headers, I am calling allen at high tek today. I figured out that the angle on the exhaust flange(where the headers meet the head) needs to be changed.

I am officially the gunea pig!

mphatc
08-08-2004, 11:41 AM
I've been following this with real interest! One day I will be in need myself!

Just a little off topic but certainly related . .

These headers would never work with a built SBF . . and if that is the market they are aiming for . . . . they should consider other requirements as well

Just went through this on my 302 build for my Corsican.
Set up is Comp Cams roller rockers, which will not fit under the rocker covers from H&M. As I had so much invested in powder coating these, and I wanted to retain every bit of H&M hardware I needed to acquire some 1 1/8" rocker covers spacers, plus modify the inside of the covers and the mounting to achieve barely adequete clearance.

Moody, Please try to have them consider this as they make a set for your application. Possbly a longer runner from the port straight out would work along with a different angle . . . ?

Mario

mphatc
08-08-2004, 11:42 AM
I've been following this with real interest! One day I will be in need myself!

Just a little off topic but certainly related . .

These headers would never work with a built SBF . . and if that is the market they are aiming for . . . . they should consider other requirements as well

Just went through this on my 302 build for my Corsican.
Set up is Comp Cams roller rockers, which will not fit under the rocker covers from H&M. As I had so much invested in powder coating these, and I wanted to retain every bit of H&M hardware I needed to acquire some 1 1/8" rocker covers spacers, plus modify the inside of the covers and the mounting to achieve barely adequete clearance.

Moody, Please try to have them consider this as they make a set for your application. Possbly a longer runner from the port straight out would work along with a different angle . . . ?

Mario

Moody Blu'
08-08-2004, 12:37 PM
mphatc, changing the angle near the exhaust flange will allow any height valve covers to work even yours Although the valve covers i have will allow rockers to work without spacers, unless they make some insane set up I dont know about?. I thought about this because i will be using a higher ratio roller rockers and perhaps in the future different heads. I believe this is the last year i will have the 351w in the boat. I will be putting in a stroker 351w, probably 501 ci from fps.

scott, the angle will have little to no affect on the cuts I made for the adapter pipes.Im thinking rotating the pipes a little bit will allow them to line up.There is alot of play from the headers to tips(about 3" in any direction) If they need it I will make the changes and send the cuts to allen.

Keep in mind I've been thinking of everyone when it comes to the design. These headers may work with a OEM metal valve cover. BUT. I know us donzi guys and performance boaters all have different style ETC valve covers etc.

MOP
08-08-2004, 08:38 PM
Moody why not just spacers, the last set I made took most of the day with basic shop tools. Used 1/2" 5056 aluminum laid the exhaust gasket on it scribed the pattern out, I was able to use a small hole saws in the drill press to cut all the radius's then scroll sawed between the holes. About a hour of rotary filling and a little hand filling I had a very good fit, 1/2" out gives quite a bit of cover clearance.

Moody Blu'
08-08-2004, 09:32 PM
Moody why not just spacers, the last set I made took most of the day with basic shop tools. Used 1/2" 5056 aluminum laid the exhaust gasket on it scribed the pattern out, I was able to use a small hole saws in the drill press to cut all the radius's then scroll sawed between the holes. About a hour of rotary filling and a little hand filling I had a very good fit, 1/2" out gives quite a bit of cover clearance.
to answer your question simply. this sytem should be BOLT ON, no BS spacers. I know spacers arent a big deal but id rather have a complete bolt on kit with no hassles, header spacers etc. AGAIN, im thinkin about all the performance users ot there. i mean after all, I was schooled by some of the best guys out there. I plan to follow that route and spacers are OK BUT. I want this to be a nice clean bolt on with no hassles. once again im thikning about all the ford/donzi users out there.

harbormaster
08-09-2004, 12:33 PM
Phil, There is also the point that Broque paid almost 2k for manifolds. At this point he can get a new set that fit perfectly with no "Anglo Riggin'".

Sounds like a no brainer to me...

Morgan's Cloud
08-09-2004, 01:57 PM
Well .. I've been off for a few weeks and am just catching up ..

Any reservations about dealing with Allen now .. Broque ?
Like I said .. he'll do just about anything you want.
Of course we're all waiting for the new improved figures .I have to admit, the bolt pattern on the 351 heads makes putting them on a snap compared to a 502 .
Red Dog asked about a set for BBC with Corsa cutouts .. that's what I've got with an additional 3" of height added ..They just popped on and everything lined up like factory !

Broque ... I gather that what you're saying is that these are the first set for a 351 that Allen has made ... or are they they first HM 351 set ? I'd have thought that by now he would have sent quite a few Ford sets out the door ..

This price thing still puzzles me .. I think I'm going to have to PM you ... :wrench: :lightning

Steve

Moody Blu'
08-17-2004, 09:22 PM
Ok, I am selling th exhaust i have, less the adapter pipes on ebay. (if you need the adapter pipes I will sell you mine and get new ones) Also in the forsale section of this site for the simple fact that I dont want to use spacers and extra long bolts, If someone want them, grab em, ill cancel the ebay auction.

I am having allen make me a set that does not need a spacer plate or longer header bolts. Once this set is built and bolts on . I will be putting together a complete kit for the ford donzis out there. I sacrificed my summer to make this kit, I hope some of you buy them.

heres the link if anyones interested, I need the money to get the new set. :confused:

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?p=292541#post292541

ebay autcion

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...item=2487429374

Moody Blu'
08-17-2004, 09:39 PM
Well .. I've been off for a few weeks and am just catching up ..

Any reservations about dealing with Allen now .. Broque ?
Like I said .. he'll do just about anything you want.
Of course we're all waiting for the new improved figures .I have to admit, the bolt pattern on the 351 heads makes putting them on a snap compared to a 502 .
Red Dog asked about a set for BBC with Corsa cutouts .. that's what I've got with an additional 3" of height added ..They just popped on and everything lined up like factory !

Broque ... I gather that what you're saying is that these are the first set for a 351 that Allen has made ... or are they they first HM 351 set ? I'd have thought that by now he would have sent quite a few Ford sets out the door ..

This price thing still puzzles me .. I think I'm going to have to PM you ... :wrench: :lightning

Steve

steve, they werent the first set for a ford but they were the first set he made with some changes i suggested for donzis. The first change was shortening of the pipes to allow the adapter pipes to be fairly flexible.its just to bad the valve cover clearance wasnt thought of before the set was made. Yes allen is a good guy, shipping is FAST!!!! Not so sure about his business ethics but, i opted to be a distributor so i have to deal with some crap customers don't. :bawling: I know it will be worth it though. :yes: