PDA

View Full Version : Corsican on eBay

FlatRacer, aka BarrelBack
07-29-2004, 07:27 PM
Interesting Corsican. Advertised as 16', but that can't be right...can it?
HM exhaust, Volvo 280.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2485780631

FR

Rootsy
07-29-2004, 08:34 PM
Interesting Corsican. Advertised as 16', but that can't be right...can it?
HM exhaust, Volvo 280.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2485780631

FR

hmmmmm very intersting.. i think we saw this boat a couple of years ago on ebay...

MOP
07-29-2004, 10:03 PM
Looks like a MARIO special! Wonder whats all inside the block looks like a few bucks have been spent.

mphatc
07-30-2004, 06:44 AM
Thanks Phil!

James you're right! This boat was on Ebay, fall of 2002, came up right after I committed to buying C18 32 from Bill.

At that time the pictures showed it with a tattered blue cover . . . now it's with a newer gray cover, but nothing else looks changed. I'm supecting storage was not indoors as the yard looks like the same barnyard as in 2002! maybe even the same spot.

I'm going to post the seller to get more details. I like to find a way to keep track of where the boat goes! NO NO NO I am not in need of another. Mine is still not ready for water and another Corsican is already awaiting . . .

Maybe Lenny needs this one!

Mario

olredalert
07-30-2004, 08:17 AM
--------A serial number would be nice.
--------Mario, Did you notice the rails on the side-pod doors? Only one I have seen like it! Wonder if the holes in the Teleflex guage-plate have been messed with for those guages? Maybe hogged out?
--------Hull quality is the issue here. Not saying its bad but if its spent a significant amount of time outside the transom, stringers and crossbraces would all be suspect along with the fuel-tank.
--------Somebody bid on it. Lets get the ball rolling. Maybe it will go cheap............Bill S

DAULEY
07-30-2004, 08:24 AM
i emailed the guy he want 9000

Rootsy
07-30-2004, 09:10 AM
funny,... there is no RESERVE on that auction as of last night...

the boat sold for something like 7 or 8K 2 years ago...

JR - itchy trigger finger...

DAULEY
08-01-2004, 11:46 AM
i emailed to see what he would sell it for and end auction he replied 9000

mphatc
08-06-2004, 07:53 AM
OK who won this???? Are you on this board ?

Ebay's "Donzi1975"

Mario

Rootsy
08-06-2004, 09:47 AM
it wasn't me, i thought it was you... i was not comfortable bidding on this boat... i could not get the owner to return my calls and he never answered the phone... the person handling the selling would reply with a canned type of email every time i tried to contact them... MOSTLY in regard to payment and how to do the transfer and such...

some of the sellers feedback wasn't very positive attitude wise either...

hope everything goes smoothly for whomever bought her...

mphatc
08-06-2004, 06:28 PM
James,

I didn't bid cause you were going to . . . . this guy stole it!

I did get a phone call from the owner, but never called him back I figured by then you had reached him. I will try to find the number and atleast get the hull number and hopefully find out who DONZI 1975 is . . .

Mario

Rootsy
08-06-2004, 08:20 PM
Mario,

i really thought donzi1975 was you! and it really pissed me off to not get a phone call bakc or a straight email.. i was going to bid 10K and let the chips fall where they may BUT i was not going to buck up if i could not get a straight answer from whomever was selling it... i was ready.. willing and actually had my hand mouse on the button.. amount entered.. when my gut got the better of me and i wasn't comfortable with the info and cooperation i received.

i agree he got a good deal...

i've seen this ID before on ebay also...hmmmm... i have an idea that this might show up again though for some reason...