PDA

View Full Version : Too close for comfort

Cuda
07-29-2004, 03:37 PM
Day before yesterday, we had a hellacious storm here. Lightning was banging all around. Deb found where it had hit an oak tree on the lot next to us and caught it on fire. Luckily, it rained 7 inches in a short while and must have put the fire out. I'm standing under the limb on the second picture and looking back to where my boats are parked. I think I'll move the Formula to between the house and the garage. The third picture is Smoky the Bear telling me where to look for the lightining hit.

McGary911
07-29-2004, 04:33 PM
Wow, looks like i got out of Tampa just in time.....Glad the boats, house and cars all made it through.....

Cuda
07-29-2004, 04:47 PM
This is actually in Deland. I always heard that Tampa Bay was the lightning capitol of the world. Whoever said that has never been to Deland.

gcarter
07-29-2004, 05:40 PM
Of course I live on top of a hill, but since we've lived here, Lake Griffin north of Leesburg, we've had two oaks that have been hit, both over 40' tall. Neither one showed any signs of distress, they just turned brown in about two months and died. Of course the yard Nazis where I live made us replace them (smaller though). A neighbor just had lightening damage inside their home, had a substantial amount of smoke damage.
Joe, I'm glad your hit was just far enough away. :eek!: :lightning :eek!:

rchevelle71
07-30-2004, 09:21 AM
Time to cut that tree down!!!!!!!

Well,

actually time to have Debbie cut it down..................

Naked:biggrin: :biggrin:

Sport
07-30-2004, 09:42 AM
Remember when my house got struck about 1 1/2 months ago ? It cost us about $3000.00 in dammage. I feel your pain ! Good Luck !

Sport

mikev
07-30-2004, 01:20 PM
to bad it never gets cold enought to need firewood in Florida. every time i see a dead tree it think free firewood.

Cuda
07-30-2004, 08:01 PM
to bad it never gets cold enought to need firewood in Florida. every time i see a dead tree it think free firewood.

It just so happens..................