PDA

View Full Version : 20 Classic????

Cuda
07-29-2004, 01:39 PM
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/1/5/73728815.htm

Looks like a Minx to me. There are two on boattrader right now that say 20 Classic.

gcarter
07-29-2004, 02:12 PM
I believe I agree with you.
There's a gentleman on the board from New Jersey that has the last Minx made, and it has the Italian made SST windshield like this one. Really pretty boat.

BUIZILLA
07-29-2004, 02:50 PM
That boat looks very familiar. I think it was last seen at a dealer in Jasper, Alabama??? I called on it sometime last year. I vividly remember the exhaust tip setup. Price seems too cheap though for some reason...

JH

gcarter
07-29-2004, 03:47 PM
That boat looks very familiar. I think it was last seen at a dealer in Jasper, Alabama??? I called on it sometime last year. I vividly remember the exhaust tip setup. Price seems too cheap though for some reason...

JH
The exhaust looks like 3" diameter in 4" trim rings, is that right?

1996Z15
07-29-2004, 08:47 PM

JH

Too cheap is an understatement; you won't be able to buy my Minx for $9,000 when it's all fixed. I'll keep it before I let it go that cheap. It looks like a real nice boat though, appears to be worth much more than what they are asking.

BUIZILLA
07-29-2004, 09:22 PM
I've got twice that amount in mine, and I still think i've got a GREAT boat for the money.

JH :shades:

Cuda
07-29-2004, 11:00 PM
I agree, looks too cheap. Maybe a misprint? I figure they just list it on boattrader that way because Donzi+Classic generates more hits than Donzi+Minx with a good shot of selling it to someone that never heard of a Minx and is looking for a Classic.

DONZI
07-30-2004, 05:28 AM
Isn"t that also the Silver Edition?That color isn"t too common. One of the members here had one,or maybe this was his.

Donzi Racer
07-30-2004, 09:49 PM
The boat is from alabama and was there for many years in the athens decatur area. It was owned by a generator mechanic that put a very large supercharged engine in it for a while. It was for sale at riverchase boat sales in decatur alabama with a replaced merc 260 hp and alpha drive I believe a couple of years ago. I have seen the boat and known some of it's owners for over 15 years. We ran around on the same river/ lake for that time frame. The boat was very nice the last time I saw it and thought it had a fresher engine and outdrive than 1986 or 87. The winshield looks very nice and we thought about copying it on our S.E Minx after we lost the middle of our windshield when the boat went under a wave instead of over it in one of the worst storms I have ever seen. Called about the boat a couple days ago and they said it was sold. It seemed about 3k under the money if it was in anywhere near the shape that it was in, the last time I saw it. somebody got a whale of a deal, Tom

Donzi Racer
07-30-2004, 09:51 PM
Oh yea it was a Minx, just not a S.E. Tom