PDA

View Full Version : Interior

Cuda
07-29-2004, 12:29 PM
Now that I think I've got things ironed out mechanically, it's time to start concentrating on looks. Since I've decided I really love the way this boat rides, I'm going to go ahead and put a few bucks in it. I contacted Built Rite about a new interior. He said about three to four weeks to have a complete new interior. Now I need to decide what pattern. The ones I'm considering are:
Just like it is, white with blue piping
White with a blue stripe in the middle
White/blue candy cane.

One thing I'm weighing is the fact that blue gets hotter than hell in the sun. Even the yellow on my Formula is a lot hotter than white.

If anyone wants to post pictures of their interiors, I would appreciate it.

1996Z15
07-29-2004, 12:55 PM
How about a pearl white with blue piping? It would still look stock but, with a custom flair.

Cuda
07-29-2004, 01:03 PM
Do you have a picture of what pearl white would look like?

Eugene Nahemow
07-29-2004, 04:30 PM
White with Blue piping.

Or...... if you went with blue seats and it gets too hot you could add a bimini. :puke:

1996Z15
07-29-2004, 08:39 PM
Unfortunately Cuda, I don't have a picture of what the pearl white looks like. My parents used to own a 1976 Sleekcraft Aristocrat jet boat that had a pearl white interior. It's just a white vinyl that have a irridescent look to it in the right light. It's really pretty cool; in fact I my brother used to own a 1970 Chevelle SS that had a pearl white interior. I think Chevy called the color "Pearl Parchment".

JimG205
07-29-2004, 09:04 PM
Hey Joe-I have white with red piping in my minx which is the factory original,red hull white deck,white bottom,red center stripe.My interior is going to be replaced this winter,and the only change I may make is to put in red panels in the center of the buckets and rear.No burns on the feet with white.Regards,Jim :yes:

Cuda
07-29-2004, 10:57 PM
Built rite is sending samples of the vinyl. I'll make a decision as soon as I get it.

Moody Blu'
07-30-2004, 12:40 AM
Ask bob at built rite what material he used on my interior, that would definately be the one you would want. Soft but not to soft. ill have pics of my interior soon.

for deciding what color, i'd have to say go with the factory look. if that calls for blue piping , go for it. I went for all white per factory color back then..

p.s.

what about carpet? you getting some 20 mil or 40 mil to go with the interior?bob has some good deals when you buy the carpet to go with the interior! :wavey:

Cuda
07-30-2004, 07:10 AM
I thought about carpet too.

Tim Morris
07-30-2004, 08:27 AM
I have the same combination in my Minx as Jim (#7 above).
So far, I have no need to replace the interior upholstery but if I did I would go with the original white with red piping.
However, the sun had managed to beat up the red carpet over the years until it looked more pink than red.

I sent the pattern to Bob Ellmann at Built Rite late last winter and ordered the '60 mph' heavier version. Spread it across your deck and it'll stay there at 60 mph according to Bob. He's probably right.

Anyway, he's got the Minx pattern. I would suggest not having him install the snaps but supplying on the side. I think the snaps should be installed after you receive the carpet to custom fit it. With the heavier version you don't even need the snaps, it just sits there and doesn't move.

The carpet adds alot. I wouldn't go without it.

Moody Blu'
07-30-2004, 09:26 AM
cuda get some carpet too, bob will hook it up trust me. The customer service from built rite is awesome.
You guys are right about the carpet, but i would install snaps in the corners just to be safe.

you can get the carpet with or without "DONZI" embroidered on it. I opted not to get the embroided carpet. On the newer donzis i would probably get the embroidered carpet..