PDA

View Full Version : A pic of my boat

gold-n-rod
07-29-2004, 11:48 AM
I've been wanting to post of pic of my boat and now I can since I picked up a new Canon A75.

The gold-N-rod is a 1991 Mach One. The model is a Magnum 2450 (24 feet LOA, including swim platform). She has a 330 HP 454/B1 combo. She is good for 55-57, depending on conditions, fuel and passenger load, etc. She has a small cuddy, stand up bolsters, trim tabs and thru hull.

Mach One was based in Monmouth, IL and went out of business in 1992. Many of the employees went on to form Envision Boats. The name is used today by the Baja Crusiers company out of Florida (no relation to Baja of Bycarus, OH).

She's no Donzi, but has served us well for 10 years. We do a lot of family boating on both Crystal Lake in northern Michigan as well as Lake Michigan. Our summer place is located just blocks from the launch into each lake and she spends the rest of the time in a heated garage. As much as I covet a Classic, one could not serve our boating needs as well as the gold-N-rod. I am rethinking my strategies and gently nudging my wife toward the thought of becoming a 2 boat family. Hmmmm.

another Randy

Cuda
07-29-2004, 12:27 PM
She looks in great shape. Every family needs AT LEAST two boats. I've got six, and I'm looking for one to fill that last day of the week with. :rlol: