PDA

View Full Version : Pics are comin.....

ChromeGorilla
07-29-2004, 11:05 AM
Sorry no pics yet, but I want to wait till my finishing touches are done... :rlol: like........ having a custom aluminum engine cover/slash shroud to replace the plastic one. Will have some sweet ecthing and cut outs. Thenit's goin to orlando to be anodizied dark blue. Gas struts getting a shot of blue duplicolor metal cast anodize treatment. will post as soon as im done. Would be quicker but there is no one in Jax that does anodizing.

Cuda
07-29-2004, 11:31 AM
I find it hard to believe that nobody in Jax does anodizing. It's a big industrial city. Somebody must do it there.

Cuda
07-29-2004, 11:37 AM
Here are a couple to try. I talked to a guy that doesn't do it, but he gave me these two names.

Duval Plating & Supply Co
(904) 356-3211

Crown Plating Inc
(904) 786-6751

He said that Duval would probably be easier on your pocket. At Crown, ask for Rick.

Hope this helps. :)

ChromeGorilla
07-29-2004, 03:54 PM
Cuda thank you very much....I hope one of these guys could take care of me....the place in Orlando is very reputable I heard...but 30 min drive or 2.5 hour drive..... thanks again Cuda!

ChromeGorilla
07-29-2004, 04:00 PM
Just tried callin. Close to quitin time so I didnt catch anyone. I will call tommorrow. my idea was originally to paint the cover with the anodize it type spray paint. But after thinkin bout it, I think that a real anodized aluminum plate with a DONZI cutout and a 496HO cut out would look pretty trick. A + M metal finishers in Orlando quoted me right around $100 buck to anodize. Sounded reasonable...but then again never had bought this service before. Will keep updated.

ChromeGorilla
07-30-2004, 04:58 PM
Hey Cuda.....confirmed...no anodizers in Jax....check out what my enginecover will look like in my other thread...