PDA

View Full Version : Mystery solved!

Cuda
07-28-2004, 08:06 PM
I finally figure out the knock/bang/rap sound in my engine. Someone suggested it may be preignition from a lean fuel mixture. It got me to thinking. It did sound kind of like the knock you get for that, but I knew it wasn't a lean condition because the carb is jetted for a BBC. So, I thought that maybe the timing was too far advanced. I went out this evening and put the timing light on it. It was way advanced. I backed it down, and the noise completely quit. Of course right about then I went to b!tching about the mech who installed my engine. That's when Debbie reminded me that he told me that he hadn't put the timing light on it.

Anyway, I think it's all golden now. I still want to go back and adjust the valves one more time, and I need to raise the idle just a hair.

gcarter
07-28-2004, 08:24 PM
:yes: :yes: :)

Ed Donnelly
07-29-2004, 06:16 AM
WOW; Just like a fairy tale, A HAPPY ENDING. Don't forget to tighten down your distributor clamp...Ed

Cuda
07-29-2004, 06:23 AM
WOW; Just like a fairy tale, A HAPPY ENDING. Don't forget to tighten down your distributor clamp...Ed

Checked off. :smile:

Fish boy
07-29-2004, 07:11 AM
glad to hear she is running as good as she looks now. Hope to see ya on the water soon!

Fish