PDA

View Full Version : Bilt-Rite X-18 seats and glasswork

Lenny
07-28-2004, 04:15 PM
I know there were a few people wondering about X-18 seats.
Anyways, Bob has them, here are the pics and I am awaiting a price on the glasswork and will probably order two to add to the new sliders and bases I bought from him and will get all things shipped at once. (My X needs a new passenger seat)

Here is a pic of the X seats from Bilt-Rite. He is about 3-4 weeks away from having the glass ones ready he said. I don't have a price yet but I am sure it is better than me tooling up for a half dozen. Contact him if you need some as I am a couple of months away from having these ready and if the price is right I probably won't ever.

Bkns84@aol.com
Bob Ellmann
Bilt-Rite Uph.
540-793-3944

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4925

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4926

Donzi Racer
07-28-2004, 06:51 PM
thanks lenny, I will contact him tomorrow. Tom

olredalert
07-28-2004, 10:24 PM
---------Boy!,,,,,Are you right about that passenger seat. Went to lift it and big chunks fell out of the bottom. Its dragging down the high quality of everything over at my storage area, dont cha know! Other than that, it fits right in.
---------Those seats look awsome, Lenny. Bet you didnt know that the last couple of Corsicans made (or at least serial#54) came with X-18 seats as well. Mine seem OK but its nice to know that this is being done. Those red seats are really bitchin, by the way!..............Bill S

Lenny
07-28-2004, 10:50 PM
Bill, thanx for looking after me. I could be your illigitimate bastard son you had when you were 7 if you like :D

Seriously, Thanx :)

new seats and HD sliders on the way, now where is the 434 ?

Also, please note that these glass seats for X's (late Corsicans) appear to be made from Vinylester resin...Nice (expensive) attention to detail and comittment to a product Bob. :yes:

Cuda
07-29-2004, 11:02 PM
Lenny, just how would you go about making the molds for the seats? Sounds interesting to me.