PDA

View Full Version : Drama fo yo mama...(insurance)

ChromeGorilla
07-26-2004, 03:27 PM
What a way to start the week. When I bought my classic went with state farm for the insurance. Stated speed of 70 and total loss replacement was $475/year. Paid for the full years premium right then at the office. Get a bill today from state farm sayin i owe $54. So i call to ask what it is. Girl asks me if i got a letter. I say no just a bill for $54. She says actually sir....state farm cancelled your policy saying they don't insure high performance boats. You'll get the letter next week. So now I'm like WTF??? She procedes to tell me if i had both my cars through state farm, i might be able to keep the boat insurance. So my boat is insured through Aug 9. Called progressive and i get a different quote this time than last. $470/year with much better coverage than state farm. So i bought the progressive insurance drove right to state farm and cancelled my policy. Give me my $!.... I'm not mad at state farm, but that girl who sold me the policy shouldn't have in the first place. I specificaly asked if they would insure a boat with that HP and speed. She said sure...why not. She should have checked b4 writin that policy.What a friggin hassel. OK I'm kaput.....soap box isn't rated to handle this much weight...jumpin off now...

notdaddys
07-26-2004, 04:00 PM
Weird... Last year April I called Progressive for a quote on insuring my boat, when I said it was a Donzi, they told me they don't insure high performance boats, just because of the name. Everyone from Saturday can vouch for my boat not being 'high performance.' Anyway, I went with State Farm. I guess Progressive changed their attitude.

Tami

Cuda
07-26-2004, 07:10 PM
Progressive insures my 302 Formula.

Darrell
07-26-2004, 08:05 PM
Does Progressive not have a 350 Hp limit? I went with with Farmers Ins Group, great rate.

Darrell

Rootsy
07-26-2004, 08:20 PM
Does Progressive not have a 350 Hp limit? I went with with Farmers Ins Group, great rate.

Darrell

WEIRD i have both of my vehicles and the house insured through farmers and when i called to see about insurance on the boat i was told they don't insure boats??? and my agent is my mom and dad's neighbor... go figure... this has been about 4 years ago.. i went with progressive then.. great rate then went to NMU BETTER rate yet.. but every year it climbs some...

oh well

ChromeGorilla
07-26-2004, 08:34 PM
Actually I went through farmer's. You are right farmers does not do the insurance. they have a thing with progressive. So they send boats to progressive.