PDA

View Full Version : Speed Wax

aleagles
07-26-2004, 10:50 AM
Anyone who would like to try this wax please send me a $25 check and I will ship you some of it. Please put your address in with the check. I will donate all of the extra money back to the DONZI REGISTRY to keep it up and going.

Allan Eagles
4265 MURPHY ROAD
BINGHAMTON, NY 13903

aleagles
07-26-2004, 11:23 AM
Tell me the size of your boat to. Thanks

Scott Heidt
07-26-2004, 12:24 PM
I will try and get a check out tomorrow. 20' Hornet II.

Thanks again.

aleagles
07-26-2004, 05:04 PM
We put it on my buddies 35 fountain and ran it on winni this weekend. He got 7 mph more than he's ever gotten out of it. so I do believe it works, and works very well...

Dr. Dan
07-26-2004, 05:55 PM
:cool!: Allan........Sent it Today...for Grins...I have a 22 Classic...

Doc :biggrin:

aleagles
07-27-2004, 04:49 PM
So far only two people want it?

marcdups
07-27-2004, 04:54 PM
no,no,no, more than two, am writing your address on the enveloppe as we speak, 18' classic with 3.0L mercruiser, 140 hp, 37 mph top end, what do you think my improvements will be??? :boggled: :boggled: !!!

Ed Donnelly
07-27-2004, 05:20 PM
I think a lot of us are waiting to pick it up at 1,000 islands.
More money for the Harbormaster,no shipping charges...Ed

Extreme Measures
07-27-2004, 07:46 PM
Allen if possible i will get mine at the 1000 Islands.I will be there on Friday afternoon with my 33' zx. Thanks Chris

catch 22
08-06-2004, 06:25 AM
Allan, Did you get my check. can't wait to try it. Thanks Jim :yes:

Darrell
08-09-2004, 06:32 PM
Allen, sent you a PM with my address and mailed a check today.

Has anyone seen any proformance increase, please post.

Darrell

catch 22
08-14-2004, 01:36 PM
Hi Allen, You have mail. :)

Dr. Dan
08-16-2004, 04:53 AM
:spongebob Just curious has anyone seen their Wax yet? I was hoping to try it this season.....just curious?

Doc

pipnit
08-16-2004, 09:38 AM
Sorry but I'm VERY skeptical about "speed wax." 7mph on a 35' fountain from wax alone?!? NOWAY (laughing as I type this) there is just noway this is possible. They say on a 20' boat you can count on needing 10 h.p. for one mph if your tuned in right. When I'm running WFO there is only about two feet of the boat in the water anyhew! If you're looking for more speed, try my speed wax, it's called raw horsepower and is available at any speed shop for a premium. :pimp:

blackhawk
08-16-2004, 09:51 AM
Okay, here's a dumb question. How do you wax the bottom of your boat? Are you guys using your lifting eyes or floor jacks to get the boat off the bunks?

pipnit
08-16-2004, 09:56 AM
I put it up on a stand at the marina or hold it by the eyes. This year i'm in dry dock. Last year, the boat at in the water. When the green funky slime was about .5" long, it would slow my boat down around 5mph so I decided to keep her clean. I still don't believe this thread at all, where are all the testimonys!? Save your $$ for DIDI7 ; )

blackhawk
08-16-2004, 10:15 AM
Pipnit, I am too very skeptical but I was looking at the bottom of my boat at the transom Saturday when it was on the trailer and it had a hard film on it. Probably from our local lakes here that are very dirty. I got to thinking that this build up has probably been happening slowly over the last 5 years and cleaning the bottom up and waxing it may give me a mph or 2. Then I started thinking about how I could wax the bottom and visions of crushed fingers kept popping into my head! :bawling:

pipnit
08-16-2004, 10:20 AM
Hey Scott, yah that can be freaky standing under a boat. If you have just a slight film, I wouldn't think you could gain 2mph but I might be wrong. I have an 18' 2+3 '76 with a TRS and a 400hp SBC and when the bottom of my boat was FILTHY and I mean Filthy with the green hairy seaweed that grows in Lake Michigan my boat would slow down about 5-7mph so I don't see how removing the film would give you 2mph but again, I might be wrong. I want to hear from some of the people who bought this stuff. Where in Michigan are you? I'm in Michigan City Indiana about five miles from the s.w. Michigan border.

Geoff

blackhawk
08-16-2004, 10:54 AM
Geoff, I'm in Northern Michigan close to Traverse City.

I know I may not get any mph out of cleaning it. But it's worth a try and it will at least look better! MY "film" is more like a hard brown film. Not slimy at all, but REALLY hard. I figure it's worth a try to clean it up and try some of the speed wax.

catch 22
08-16-2004, 05:00 PM
:spongebob Just curious has anyone seen their Wax yet? I was hoping to try it this season.....just curious?

Doc
Not yet Doc. :confused:

gold-n-rod
08-16-2004, 06:11 PM
Geoff, I'm in Northern Michigan close to Traverse City.

I know I may not get any mph out of cleaning it. But it's worth a try and it will at least look better! MY "film" is more like a hard brown film. Not slimy at all, but REALLY hard. I figure it's worth a try to clean it up and try some of the speed wax.

Hey Cadillac Scott..... Frankfort Randy here. I suggest using vinegar to cut the crud on that 'Hawk hull. My boat had alot from being moored in the Torch River. I tried all kinds of commercial products that didn't cut it. I put plain old vinegar in a spray bottle and it cut right through.

Good luck.

another Randy

blackhawk
08-16-2004, 06:36 PM
Thanks Randy, I'll try that. I don't have access to anything that can lift the boat using the eyes, so what is the best way to get the boat off the bunks?

How often are you at Torch Lake?

gold-n-rod
08-16-2004, 06:47 PM
Thanks Randy, I'll try that. I don't have access to anything that can lift the boat using the eyes, so what is the best way to get the boat off the bunks?

How often are you at Torch Lake?

When I wax the bottom of the gold-N-rod, I squeeze under the boat while it's on the trailer. It's so tight (how tight is it?) that I have to adjust the tongue to get around under there. I figure I get everything but the 3" x 20' (times 2 bunks) or so that's under the carpeted bunks. I don't have to worry that it will fall on me that way.

We used to go to TL every year and rent a slip at Dewitt's on the Clam. That was when we lived up there year 'round. Now that we live in E. Lansing and make the drive every weekend, it makes no sense to drive another 2 hours to TL. We have Crystal ( 1 mile) and the big lake (2 blocks) away. Those are both pretty good boating <grin>.

I stopped and drooled over your 'Hawk when you had it parked on 115 near the 4th of July weekend. Seems you could get most of the bottom by laying on your back underneath. If not, how about pulling it up on some RR ties or timbers? You should be able to get under it.

Have you had any bites, or did you pull it off the market? Sure is is a fine boat. Enjoy!

Randy

blackhawk
08-16-2004, 06:54 PM
Thanks Randy. I pulled it off the market. I got tired of talking to all the strokes and finally got a chance to go out and enjoy it. Once I go out for a full day I fall in love with it all over again! :biggrin:

I've got a big floor jack that is 2 or 2 1/2 tons. But, I'm not sure where I should lift the boat and hold it up SAFELY.

pussycat
08-18-2004, 12:30 PM
God Smiled Down From Up Above!!!! I got it. I'll put it on tonight and try it.

aleagles
08-18-2004, 12:42 PM
I sent out the first batch on tuesday. I'm sorry it wasn't faster. I've been on the road for the last 3 weeks. I'll package more up tonight and get it out.

Dr. Dan
08-18-2004, 11:40 PM
:spongebob No Problem...Thanks For the update!

Doc :beer:

pussycat
08-19-2004, 11:27 AM
Well I got it. And he wasn't kidding around when he said it was slick. It did work, I got 3-4mph more from it. The only problem I see with it is that it's tough to take the wax off once it's dry. Did you buff it off when you put it on? It took about 45 min. to take it off and I only did the back 5 feet like you said to do. The other thing is, what the hell is this stuff made of?

5PMSMWHR
08-19-2004, 12:05 PM
Will you be selling in A Bay next week? I've got a 28 ZX I'd like to do a before and after on.

on_plane
08-19-2004, 12:23 PM
I sent you a private message- thanks