PDA

View Full Version : Eyebrows again....

Andy McCarty
07-26-2004, 09:36 AM
Hey everyone... Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.. I am in search of the black plexiglass type pieces behind the engine vents for a Z25... The JACKa$$ that i bought the boat from had cracked one and had taken the piece to a shop to have one made... well the guy that was making it went out of business and he cant even get the old cracked piece back... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... i think it will be very har to take the boat and get them to make one off the boat mold... i am even open to suggestion to it not being plexi glass type... PLEASE HELP i feel like i am driving a car with a bumper missing...:confused: :banghead: :confused: :banghead: :bonk: :bonk: :frown: :frown:

wytmike
07-26-2004, 11:06 AM
Andy,

Imade one from scratch and it wasn't too difficult. The plastic for the eyebrows is not thick(1/8") will work. Cut a template using paper. Then scribe it onto a flat piece of plastic. Cut it out and put it in the oven. Can't remember what temp. Ask when you by the plastic. Once it is soft, race outside and form it to the boat. It worked fairly well.

Mike

Trueser
07-26-2004, 01:10 PM
Mine are made out of stainless.

Looks better and more durable.

Andy McCarty
07-26-2004, 01:57 PM
Hey TRUESER who made your eyebrows. stainless will work for me do you have a guy or did you do them yourself.. i would be glad to pay to have a set made..

Mike i will try that template and see if i can make it look right.. did you do both side or just one side?

Mr X
07-26-2004, 07:46 PM
Mine are made out of stainless.

Looks better and more durable.

Trueser, I owned a Z-29 and made them out of stainless
I wonder if you have my old boat??

Andy, I still have the pattern for them, I would be glad to make you a set out of stainless.

E-mail me tedwork@tampabay.rr.com