PDA

View Full Version : Bremerton Fun Run Pics...

EricG
07-25-2004, 12:52 PM
Yesterday we went out for the Bremerton Fun Run in record high temps for Seattle (96 degrees). About 60 of the fastest boats in the region (and me :rolleyes: ) showed up for a "fun-run" around Bainbridge Island. We decided to give it a try in the 18, even though the next smallest boat was a 21' Skater that finished 4th at about 90 MPH (see pic). Also in attendance was the 46 Outerlimits "Need for Speed" that is running for the Kilo record next month. Apparently he has run over 160 already (it's the same guy that had "Can you Hear Me Now" last year). I tend to believe the speed claims, since he ran the entire 40+ mile course in just over 15 minutes. The slow :wink: Spectre cat that runs around finished second a few minutes behind him. I've got some videos of those I'll try to upload.

We made the start and about the first quarter of the run before we realized that we were so far behind that it was pointless to continue (not to mention the fact that the back seat of the boat tried to fly out with Kathy on it :eek: ). We stopped and went back toward the finish - the scary thing was that the OL came by us about 2 minutes later....we hadn't even started circling the island by the time he was done. It may be time to start shopping for that bigger boat for salt water events :D :D

Pics:
Dave (DJ13) made a strong showing in his 22ZX
Walking the Dock
More Dock Walking
A Nice 496 powered Z25
A very fast 28 Nordic with the Helicopter trailing (we were filmed by the copter before we dropped out - I hope we make the event DVD)
Milling
The fast 21 Skater and a Blown 35 Formula

-EG

EricG
07-25-2004, 01:19 PM
Here are 2 videos from the day:

Outer Limits (http://home.comcast.net/~et.gudgel/ol.mpg)

Spectre Cat (http://home.comcast.net/~et.gudgel/spectre.mpg)

-EG

Cuda
07-25-2004, 08:09 PM
Looks like fun. I'm glad to hear you had good weather too. :D

DJ13
07-26-2004, 02:53 AM
Nice videos Eric and thanks for the honorable mention. That was quite an experience. I'm still sore from my white knuckle grip on the wheel and throttle the whole way. My back took quite a beating as well. I can see why people prefer the bigger rigs for these types of events. I spent alot of time out of my seat, bracing for each set of rollers. At least you were given a prize for the bravest participant in your 18! We had the helicopter tracking about 20 feet directly over us for the last quarter mile, shooting video the whole way. The DVD will be something I'm definitely gonna buy if it's available by the New Year's Day run! What a day, glad you guys made it!