PDA

View Full Version : Democratic Nat. Convention Agenda

harbormaster
07-25-2004, 09:51 AM
DEMOCRATIC NATIONAL CONVENTION AGENDA
6:00pm - Opening flag burning ceremony.
6:05pm - Pledge of Allegiance to the United Nations
6:10pm - Secular words by Revs. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton
6:30pm - Anti-war concert by Barbra Streisand.
6:45pm - Ted Kennedy proposes a toast.
7:00pm - Tribute theme to France.
7:10pm - Collect offerings for al-Zawahri defense fund.
7:30pm - Tribute theme to Germany.
7:45pm - Anti-war rally moderated by Michael Moore.
8:25pm - Ted Kennedy proposes a toast.
8:30pm - Terrorist appeasement workshop.
9:00pm - CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN urge defeat of President Bush.
9:30pm - Salute to ACLU
10:00pm - Posting the Iraqi Colors by Sean Penn and Tim Robbins
10:10pm - Reenactment of Kerry's fake medal toss.
10:30pm - Abortion demonstration by N.A.R.A.L.
10:40pm - Ted Kennedy proposes a toast.
10:50pm - Special thanks to the New York Times & Washington Post.
11:15PM - Maximizing Welfare workshop.
11:30pm - Saddam Legal Defense Fund pep rally.
11:50PM - Ted Kennedy proposes a toast.
12:00pm - Nomination of Democratic candidate.

JUST ADDED: 5:00am - Ted Kennedy Will Conduct a Swimming Class.

Disclaimer: I just want say I do not consider myself aligned with any one party. I vote for the candidate who I personally feel will do the least amount of damage to the country. Scot VanAlstine

Fish boy
07-25-2004, 10:18 AM
LMAO!!!! :) :rlol:

DOnt forget the dress code...

Fish boy
07-25-2004, 10:20 AM
And yoga classes....

Fish boy
07-25-2004, 10:22 AM
History Lesson....

Fish boy
07-25-2004, 10:28 AM
and a discussion of on terrorism, taxes, and condiments...

Boat_Mon
07-26-2004, 10:38 PM
AWSOME AWSOME AWESOME THREAD!!!!!!!

It doesn't seem to matter. Even if I TRIED to not align with a party, the candidates that consistantly get my vote sure do!!!!!

BUSH 2004

Boat_Mon
07-26-2004, 10:45 PM
AWSOME AWSOME AWESOME THREAD!!!!!!!

It doesn't seem to matter. Even if I TRIED to not align with a party, the candidates that consistantly get my vote sure do!!!!!

BUSH 2004

Cybercop
07-27-2004, 12:00 AM
:us-texas:
Nice list Harbormaster ROTFLMAO...
But at what time is the bubba intern-interview process and do they have enough berets?:shocking:

Cuda
07-27-2004, 06:27 AM
The more I learn about Kerry, the more I wonder how anyone in their right mind could want him to lead our country.

BUIZILLA
07-27-2004, 07:05 AM
It's great that we have such a democracy, that allows different political party's and logic. I have been known to vote outside my party lines, if the choice was better in that direction. Quite frankly, I wish we would have a mandatory third party to choose from, to break up the constant monogamy, of one way finger pointing. With that being said, if Kerry is the absolute best the Democratic party can come up with, in the last 4 years of reviewing constituents for election, after the Motor-Mouth Gore fiasco, then that party is so far in the crapper as to be believable.
Killing an already incapacitated, and injured Vietnamese, on a canal bank 10,000 miles away from home, in front of 6 comrades, doesn't justify a Purple Heart, or now leading 293,000,000 million fellow American's.
I'm not saying Bush is my hero, he made a couple blunders that stand out, but he was light-years ahead of what Gore EVER would have been, in protecting our interests... Listening to Gore now, in his constant public assail's, is really getting revolting, if not downright disgusting. Bush's biggest public downfall, in my eyes, is his constant refusal to acknowledge, or apologize for his mis-direction actions. Every man-woman and whatever on this earth makes mistakes, of varying degree's. But, as tolerant as we are, he needs to ADMIT them, justify his exposure, and move on.
The Democratic party only searched high and low for squeaky clean candidates this time around, not based on worldly qualifications and astuteness. I felt Carter and Clinton both made good, honest and clear reflections in yesterdays speeches. Some of their observations were spot-on right. Some were way left of current reality.

We can ill afford to turn the White House into a Waffle House now.

We REALLY need a strong third party setup in the next go-around, to straighten out this 2 party mess. I don't like the fact I always arrive at a T in the road in every Presidential election, and I may not be comfortable going in either direction, in certain elections, regardless of my party affiliation. I should be able, in a good democracy political process, to be able to make a left, a right, or go straight ahead. To force us to always just make a right, or a left, in our personal search to get ahead, just seems off-balance to me. We need a mandatory third choice from now on. I feel this would really straighten up the other two party's to get their crap together, and make all 3 party's better, stronger and more viable, for all of us.

Just my 2 cents.

JH :sombrero:

Cuda
07-27-2004, 07:17 AM
Although I am registered Republican, if the Democrats had a better candidate, I would vote for him. It seems to me that the dems are more concerned with politics for the sake of politics instead of hard issues. They seem to point the finger and say "this is bad" without having any kind of alternative.

The dems lost the man I respected the most in that party a few years ago when Sam Nunn quit them. I would have voted for that guy.

harbormaster
07-27-2004, 09:32 AM
In all fairness I would like to hear the other side from any of the Democrats out there.

hardcrab
07-27-2004, 02:57 PM
democrats are sailors and won't be reading this site

Greg K
07-27-2004, 05:17 PM
ssssshhhhhhh!!!!!
Catmando might just show up on this board. :banghead: