PDA

View Full Version : 1971 vDrive 21 GT

markdonzi
07-23-2004, 08:36 AM
Does anyone here know the history behind Mike Devlins 71 Vdrive GT. 440 Chrysler engine. Needs some work but looks like a nice boat.
markdonzi

Bob
07-23-2004, 10:48 AM
Mike Devlins boat on the registry is a 1967? 19' Bench seat Hornet. I believe that it was originally a 327 ci Turbo Daytona boat because of the raised vents and dash with individual gauges. It also had big vents in the engine hatches. I looked over the boat at Shoreline Marine (Donzi dealer at the time) on Lake George NY about 3 summers ago. Mike was working on the boat and he told me that he had recently sold it to a gentleman who was paying him to restore it. It was in rough condition- windshield off, engine and V drive out. Mike said that the boat used to be raced. Boat should be a beauty when its done. It was gone the last time I was by the yard.
There aren't very many Donzis with Chrysler engines. My 1971 Bench seat Hornet came with a 440 six pack (C19HV59). The V presumeably stands for V drive.
I have seen a 16' V drive with a small block Chrysler on Lake George.

markdonzi
07-23-2004, 11:56 AM
Bob,
I was at Mike's house last night and he still has the bench seat hornet although he sold the engine out of it and it is just sitting. I love the curve of the front deck on that year hornet. He also has a 71 21 GT with a 440 six pack that he said he brought to a Lake George Donzi club picnic a few years ago. Was wondering if anyone knew anything about it.
markdonzi

TuxedoPk
07-26-2004, 01:10 AM
Can you find out how the V-GT's propped and what numbers its hitting. I'm trying to reprop mine and there is only one other that I've heard about from Olered.

DON N.
07-29-2004, 04:32 AM
I Remember A Blue Gt21 At A Dust Off A Few Years Ago That Had A 440 4-barrel The Owner Said It Originally Had 3 Two's . Is This The Same One ?