PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Gold Cup

Ranman
07-22-2004, 11:06 PM
Here are some pics and videos of the weekend. Miss Bud won unofficially and was then disqualified for 2 lane violations. The Llumar hydropland ended up taking home the cup.

I guess I can't post the vids, I keep getting a 360 second violation error.

Here are some stills.

EricG
07-22-2004, 11:38 PM
Great Pics!!!

I know the Gold Cup almost didn't happen, I'm glad they got it put together. How many boats ran total? I thought I heard 5....which is just pathetic. I sure hope the sport begins some sort of rebound next year when the Bud is done...Unlimiteds are part of life up here in Seattle. I even have a Framed 1958 Gold Cup Program on my wall :D

-EG
Proud member of The Hydroplane and Raceboat Museum (http://www.thunderboats.org/)- Seattle, WA

Brad Lyon
07-23-2004, 07:30 AM
Randy,

In the last picture are you taking a picture with you camera phone as well in case you digital camera didn't work? :biggrin: :biggrin:

Brad

Cig Man
07-24-2004, 11:01 PM
Ranman ,
I spent many days in the The Hot Pits next to the Roostertail.I used to Crew on A Few Different Grand Prix Inboards Driven By Jimmy King.I can Remember in the late 80's parking next to The Bud Team,that was quite an operation.I sure Miss those Days.

Rob

Ranman
07-26-2004, 08:50 AM
Randy,

In the last picture are you taking a picture with you camera phone as well in case you digital camera didn't work? :biggrin: :biggrin:

Brad

Not my camera... or thumb... I was standing over another spectator to get the shot. :uzi:

olredalert
07-30-2004, 08:22 AM
--------Hey, guys........Dont forget that the Gold Cup is coming to St. Clair in a couple of weeks. Should be quite a party for a small town. The last time the Gold Cup was in St.Clair was 1966, I believe. River will be hopping that weekend.
--------Oh, and St.Clair ocean races are this weekend. I have to be over at Meadowbrook pretty much the whole week-end, unfortunatly. Am going to try to get back to St.Clair as early as I can Sunday, and will be around for festivities Friday and Saturday evenings............Bill S