PDA

View Full Version : Looking to leave Florida

need for speed
07-22-2004, 10:00 PM
Well 5 more weeks and I will have my Bachelors in Business management! I am from Montreal originally, :canada: I grew on 5 acres on a lake. Living in Floirda is not for me , I need to be back on fresh water and not in such a crowded place. I really want to move to the 1000 islands area , but not sure about a job in this area. My girl friend will be joining me, She works in Accounting here in floirda and has her MBA - she is ready to go with me !!! fresh water here we come. Right now we are just in the planing statages of this big move. We are looking to move in 6 to 12 mounths +_... we are going to try and get jobs, and find a place to go , Maybe back to Montreal.. If anyone has and advice on jobs or areas to got let me know... cold and snow is no problem.. ( Montreal for 17 years) :yes:

Cuda
07-23-2004, 12:29 AM
If it's fresh water and non crowded you want, look right in the center of Florida around the Harris Chain of Lakes. Great area.

Oh yeah, no snow either!

need for speed
07-23-2004, 08:22 AM
I will have to check that area out!

Cuda
07-23-2004, 08:27 AM
Here is a map of the area.

need for speed
07-23-2004, 08:44 AM
thank you! :wavey:

need for speed
07-25-2004, 08:16 PM
Anyone in the 1000 islands know of what type or where to look for a job...? :idea: :lightning

Dr. Dan
07-25-2004, 09:21 PM
:spit: Charles come on up to 1000 Isles for the Event...write it off as a Job Search....and enjoy the Area...Boxy and Chris(X treme) are great Tour Guides....and they can drink Beer Too. End of August.....bring the Boat up ...leave it in New York...fly home and come back up in 2 weeks for the Picnic.!

Doc :wink:

boxy
07-25-2004, 09:28 PM
Charles, Kingston Ontario is the only city in the Islands. It is a great city with 2 large Colleges and 1 University.
Check out www.city.kingston.on.ca or www.kingstonlinks.com

You could also work/live in Montreal or Ottawa and still only be 1.5 hours from the 1000 Islands.
Good luck

need for speed
07-26-2004, 07:47 AM
I WOULD love to make it to the 1000 island run but I am in my last 5 weeks of school :yippie: and can't get away.. But the fall picnic is possible.... :cool:

goatee
07-26-2004, 10:23 AM
like i told my one friend, look at cost of living, property value,
and honestly,,,,, the more south the friendlier the people are.

i live in mi. and am pretty used to it. but if you travel south,,
it's a whole new world.

and dont any of you mi. people start with me!!!
i'll kick the :cussball: give me that!!! you dirty piece a :cussball: I LOVE THE NORTH! :cussball:

need for speed
07-26-2004, 04:52 PM
Yeah I know about the cost of living.....Homes cost way way way 2 much here where I am ... and it's packed with people driving 20 mph all winter long...

Also can't keep my Donzi at home due to grumpy people next door... and on top of that I can't park over night with my pick up at my girl friends house due to more grumpy people :kaioken: they tell me daily that pick ups are not permitted. ??? 2003 4 door ram.. I can;t figure that one out .. :fire: :fire:

So the Donzi lives in a storage building that cost way 2 much a month..lol :biggrin:

All is left is to find a job out of here .....

gcarter
07-26-2004, 05:16 PM
Charlie, remember when we spoke back in February?
You didn't tell me she had an MBA, you just said she was an accountant. Nor did you tell me you were almost out of school. This info changes everything.

need for speed
07-26-2004, 05:18 PM
I will try my best. Must be better on your side.!!

need for speed
07-26-2004, 05:19 PM
George got any ideas for us?

gcarter
07-26-2004, 05:52 PM
I remember when you brought MOP's trailer, you PM'ed me stating how much you liked this area with all the lakes. You asked about wages for accountants and lakefront housing costs. Now do you remember?
Well, this has been a historically low paying area (good for employers like me). But really qualified people can get as much here as they can elsewhere. Lakefront housing starts at about $200,000.00 for some existing homes.
The big deal here is retirement home and comunity development. Very very big. Before you go all the way back to Canada, the home of infinite taxes and socialized medicine, Take some vacation time or Labor Day weekend and seriously check it out.

need for speed
07-26-2004, 06:21 PM
yes I remember are talk. We will have to check it out for a weekend soon.. :wavey:

Cuda
07-26-2004, 07:07 PM
George lives right in the middle of the area I was suggesting. I live about 40 miles east of there, and come through there all the time. It's a beautiful area. If it weren't for my affinity for salt water, I'd live on one of those big lakes there.

Donzigo
07-27-2004, 08:34 AM
Your profile denotes your interests as being:

Boating
Diving
Skiing

.......you might want to change that & add:
Snow shoveling, snow drving, snow everywhere
Scraping ice off the windows of your car, while cursing
Endleassly putting on cold weather gear, when going outside
Boating - abbreviated to a few short monthes
Diving - only on vacations to the South
Skiing - now that's what I'm taking about

Oh, did I mention "Snow shoveling".........????

Cuda
07-27-2004, 08:52 AM
Yep, people complain about the heat and humidity here, but I've never had to shovel heat and humidity out of my driveway! :biggrin:

gcarter
07-27-2004, 10:01 AM
Yep, people complain about the heat and humidity here, but I've never had to shovel heat and humidity out of my driveway! :biggrin:
Joe, if you do, it's just like snow, it comes right back! :smash: