PDA

View Full Version : I want to APOLOGIZE

boldts
07-22-2004, 05:03 PM
About the comments I made on a recent 18' 30th Anniversary Classic sale. I jumped the gun and basicly accused the new owner of under-handedness.

I received an e-mail yesterday that simply had 2 words on it. "The Snake"

I welcomed the opportunity to hear the other side of this story as the only one I had at the time was that Steve from Canada had put a deposit on this boat and was sending payment for it when the seller sold the boat to another buyer.

While I still feel this was wrong by the seller, I was wrong to accuse the new owner of also being a bad person and taking advantage of the situation. I offered the new owner if in fact that is who sent me the e-mail an opportunity to report his side of the story. I would have been glad to retort my comments once hearing the other side of the story.

To the new owner of this Classic (Scott Bonnett?), I apologize to you. You bought a rare and very beautiful Classic.I hope to one day meet you and your Donzi. I've seen a number of things taken the wrong way from these boards as I may have done in this case. I hope you'll give me a second chance. I'd like to be one of the first to welcome you to the Donzi family. I hope the boat brings you and yours many happy hours on the water.

Rootsy
07-22-2004, 07:12 PM
don't worry steve, i know where there is another 30th anniversary 18 classic within 10 miles of me :D... if it ever comes up for sale i SHALL know about it ;)

Mr. boldt... don't sweat it.. folks are just way to sensative these days... and need to get a grip... this PC thing is for the birds... :banghead:

Cuda
07-22-2004, 07:58 PM
That's why I said not to be so quick to condem the new owner.

He'll be ok I'm sure, don't sweat it.

Brad Lyon
07-22-2004, 09:28 PM
Anyone know what happened to that 30th anniversary edition that was for sale at Metro Parkway and Jefferson?

Brad

BLACKIE
07-23-2004, 09:22 AM
I saw that boat at Meto Parkway & Jefferson too. It was only there a couple of days and then it disappeared. It was a 16' I think and it looked fairly clean when I saw it last spring. I haven't seen it anywhere since.

blueliner
07-23-2004, 09:56 AM
scott,

did you hear anymore of the story as to what happened?? did the owner even tell the other guy that i had an offer in?? also, did my post about my boat, send this guy (the new owner of the boat) to call the dude in CT and get the boat even knowing that i had said i put a deposit on it?? it all seems a little sketchy and too convenient!!?? but, karma is a funny thing... let me know if any sees or hears of another one.

Greg Maier
07-23-2004, 11:33 AM
Scott,

"The Snake" message is caused by a virus that is circulating. I don't think it was sent to you intentionally by the sender.

harbormaster
07-23-2004, 01:27 PM
Time to let it drop and move on.