PDA

View Full Version : 26ZX Cabin Seats

Jim
07-22-2004, 03:04 PM
Has anyone every tried to remove the bottom seat cushions? I guess sometime in 2000 they changed the two cabin seats that face each other to not have removeable seats. I looked at them quickly and can't figure out how they are secured, they seemed to be secured in the middle of the cushion and hopefully not screwed in from the back side.

Thanks Jim

Darrell
07-23-2004, 09:09 AM
Jim, did you ever find out about removing the seats, I was looking for a place the mount a amp. That would be great place but I took a quick look and couldn't find a way to get in.

Darrell

Jim
07-23-2004, 11:12 AM
Darrell,
Jim D. had emailed me since he was having a problem doing a reply. I guess if you spread the seam in the middle of the cushion you will see a couple of philips screws holding it down, I think this is the case for the back cushion as well. It would be a great place for a amp especially since the radio is right next to the seat. I'm curious on the older models where the cushions were removeable for extra storage if they secured them in anyway?

Are you going to add any additional speakers and if so where did you decide to put them, the two in the cockpit area mounted so low.

Jim

Darrell
07-23-2004, 12:58 PM
Thank's for the info, it allways looked to me that that space could be used for storage. Donzi should look at making use of the space.
As far as the problem with adding speakers, as big as the cockpit is there is not a good place to add a pair a speakers that I can see. Maybe Frank C. or Bryan T. might have come up with something.

Darrell

BTW: I love the graphics on your boat, I like that better than anything I have seen on a 26ZX

Jim
07-23-2004, 01:15 PM
I want to also put a amp in with an additional set of speakers.
I looked around in the cockpit area and really want to get them up higher and by the front seats if possible. The only two places that I found so far is under the rear seat which is down by the feet or possibly in the same storage place as the factory installed ones but all the way up by the front seats, they would have to just face outward and I don't know how much room is behind there?

Jill and I really liked the graphics especially with not having a windshield, I think it makes it look a lot sportier.

Jim

olemissalum
07-23-2004, 04:54 PM
In my 26ZX, I was able to mount two more 6" speakers in the sides where the cupholders are and mounted 2 10" subs under the back seat. Amp mounted in the engine compartment. I will take some pics for you guys to see what it looks like and see if it will work for you. Will try and post them tomorrow, gotta go to work right now. :bonk: :bonk: