PDA

View Full Version : Seattle area DONZI owners,...help please

Lenny
07-22-2004, 11:21 AM
I am in the process of "thinking" about getting my X put on a tractor trailer and brought to Seattle area. I need the address of a place that can pick up the boat on trailer off of a tractor trailer, and then pick up the boat and lower it on my Rolls trailer to tow northward to Port Angeles Wa. ferry.

Eric, you went through this didn't you?

I have submitted my task for bidding at boattransport.com and have a couple of "quotes" so far. 2200 miles (best yet it $2500) any other ideas?

Formula Jr
07-22-2004, 04:45 PM
Len, before you commit to anything, let me do a little thinking this weekend. It would be aprox. $950 in gas for me to pick the boat up and bring it back. It could stay at my place, garaged, "indefinitly." :jestera: Not really sure if I'm up for an X-C. Like I said, let me think about it. This weekend, I have company over. But you can call anyway.

We can transfer the trailers here at a launch site. Whats up with the trailer its on? Canada customs? Will that trailer then be sold in the states? Details, Details........
Eric did mention that you had bought another boat.
Canada will soon have its share of Donzis per capita.............one freaken boat at a time. I think you will own half of all the Donzis in BC.! But Jeeze, did one have to come from New Hampshire, the other lower Texas and the third Michigan?!! :hyper:

O.

EricG
07-22-2004, 08:16 PM
Yup Len, I went through something very similar recently. I ended up paying $2400 for 2500 miles shipped. But, that was right before the fuel prices went up.

I had mine unloaded by Seattle Boat Company on Lake Union. They charged the minimum $120/hour shop rate - and it took about 20 minutes. They did a very good job, and definitely knew what they were doing. I've got the yard managers number if you want it.

There might be some better options down toward Olympia/Tacoma so you wouldn't have to drive back down to Oly to get up to PA. Just call around a few boat yards in Olympia, any one with a forklift or sling can do it for you. If you don't have any luck down south, I'm sure Dagmars/Boat Country in Everett could do it also. I bought a trailer from them a few years back, they were pretty good guys.

Also one last offer...I'd also be happy to store the boat for you for awhile. If you find a place down south, my folks don't live too far from there and they've got a big shop that it'd be real cozy in for awhile. Or, if it's up here, I've got places too.

This, of course, is assuming that Owen decides he's not ready for another chapter in the crossing-over series.

Keep us posted.

EG