PDA

View Full Version : stainless sparkplugs

Ralph Savarese
07-27-2002, 08:22 PM
Has anybody had experence with those Champion stainless sparkplugs .
Due to moisture in my engine compartment it dosn't take more than 2 months for those AC Delco
Plugs to rust out on the outside. I have a triple hatch 18 ft and I think they are always getting wet from the middle door seems driping between the exhaust manifolds and the cylinder heads. Right now I am running R42ts plugs and happy with their performance.
Ralph

MOP
07-28-2002, 08:29 AM
I am not familiar with the three hatch setup, this might be an idea for you that I have done a few times on my stuff and a couple of others. I laid up a very light F/G panel big enough to be able to shed the water off to the sides clear of the engine. On boats with a rounded hatch setup I have taken 1/4 Plywood propped it up in the middle put bricks along the edge to get the arch I wanted. then laid wax paper on it and laid up the glass usually with a piece of 1/4 cord taped by what will be the back edge, that will keep the water from going over the back and hitting all the stuff mounted aft. Then depending on the compartment figured out a way to position it so it would stay in place. If you have salt water getting in every thing starts going to hell.

Jamesbon
07-28-2002, 09:25 AM
Can't remember who made them, but the p/n was MR43LTS. They were stainless or some composite metal that didn't rust. They worked fine for me, looked good as well.

Ralph Savarese
07-28-2002, 10:08 AM
Nathan ,
that sounds like an AC marine number tried them a little better but still rust .
MOP,
I am tring not to do any reconstruction mods.
I just wanted to get some plugs that wont rust and some input on any body who might have used them .
Ralph