PDA

View Full Version : George Carter is the "real deal"!

Donzigo
07-21-2004, 06:47 PM
Drove up towards central Florida on business today; and, visited "George Carter's Donzi Restoration Center"..........formally their gorgeous home. Seriously, he is the man, and all the things he is doing are truly spectacular. That Minx is being restored from the ground up..........well almost, (you got to change that fuel tank, George, you're too close not to do it........while it's apart). It's amazing what he is doing. What a "tech-no-crat", some of the things are so innovative..........OH, almost forget, his garage has the Donzi Minx in it, the cars stay outside, as it should be" in any upscale country club community, like he lives in.

Enjoyed the visit George, you are the "real deal".

gcarter
07-22-2004, 02:54 PM
OK Richard, You win!
I talked to the fuel tank folks today, and I am going to order one in the morning. Delivery in 3 1/2 weeks. Shopped around for a storage room or warehouse to do the work in. Can't do it at home because there's not enough vertical room in the garage, and if I did it outside, my neighbors would sue me! :smash:

Thank you for the very kind words. You are truely the most diplomatic person I've ever met. If I ever need a character witness, I'll call on you. :)

MOP
07-22-2004, 09:19 PM
I don't know George will we ever get these darn boats done?

Donzigo
07-22-2004, 09:31 PM
Hush, MOP, I got him to do the right thing about that fuel tank...........he could still change his mind.

gcarter
07-22-2004, 09:49 PM
Richard, I'm commited now.
My only issue is rearranging my schedule to allow for 3 1/2 weeks for tank delivery and how things go back together.
I can't really rewire the boat till the deck comes off. :yes:
So as soon as the gimbal housing goes back on and the engine is COMPLETELY ready to go back in, I'll have to do some other things out of the planned order. Like do the dash now.
I'll figure it out. :bonk: