PDA

View Full Version : Your auto v. boat sound system

TuxedoPk
07-20-2004, 11:24 PM
As I was looking for a sound system for the boat it occured to me that I spend much more time in my truck than boat and it's got a pretty lame factory installed system. (The car's got a great sound system but since buying the truck I havent really been driving it much)

What's the norm on the board- better sound systems in your vehicles or boats?

Cuda
07-20-2004, 11:30 PM
The only sound in my Formula is the sweet rumble of twin big block Chevies, and the pretty song of an SBC in the Donzi.

BUIZILLA
07-21-2004, 07:14 AM
I just got a new '04 GMC 1500 crew cab shorty (Touareg went bye-bye on a factory buy-back) last week with the Delco-Bose XM radio..

OMG !! how did we ever live without 229 NO COMMERCIAL channels up til now ? FM is history.. :uzi:

This XM thing kicks a$$, especially with the new 350 watt amp I just installed, to help it out a tad.. :lookaroun

Now, I need to get my 22's and spinners :smash: and the chrome spinning prop for my hitch insert.. :pimp:

JH :boat:

F350 in hiding...

Darrell
07-21-2004, 11:28 AM
Both systems are stock, However I have the give the edge to the Delco/Bose system in my truck, the 26ZX only has 2 speakers in the cockpit area, but I have plans to enhance the sound in the boat.

Darrell

Walt. H.
07-21-2004, 11:32 AM
:rolleyes: :banghead: :bonk: :rolleyes:

I must be getting old or i'm just a real gear head as some of the kids call us these days.

:yes: Walt :p

Ranman
07-21-2004, 11:36 AM
The only sound in my Formula is the sweet rumble of twin big block Chevies, and the pretty song of an SBC in the Donzi.

That's great and all, but what do you do when you stop at the island/sand bar/party area? People must get kinda irritated listening to you running the engine for something to listen to. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Walt. H.
07-21-2004, 12:04 PM
After a day of real boating, yelling above the wind and the engine noise who can hear anything after that anyway? :yes:
Thats when I enjoy the sound of silence. :biggrin:

Stopping at or on a "sandBar" is something that happens when we're not looking where we're going. :jestera: Opp's!

No place to party on the HudsonRiver, it's a boring place to go boating. You either go up the river or go down it the next day. The different law boy's, town, city, county, state, and federal wearing a variety of color's: blue, gray, green, and black keep it that way.

So my hats off to you that don't have someone looking over your shoulder with spyglasses and all. :crossfing :beer:

Scott Heidt
07-21-2004, 12:13 PM
I just got a new '04 GMC 1500 crew cab shorty (Touareg went bye-bye on a factory buy-back) last week with the Delco-Bose XM radio..

OMG !! how did we ever live without 229 NO COMMERCIAL channels up til now ? FM is history.. :uzi:

This XM thing kicks a$$, especially with the new 350 watt amp I just installed, to help it out a tad.. :lookaroun

Now, I need to get my 22's and spinners :smash: and the chrome spinning prop for my hitch insert.. :pimp:

JH :boat:

F350 in hiding...

I'm just waiting to see when someone is going to put spinners on their tailer! :)

pmreed
07-21-2004, 09:57 PM
I've got a great radio/CD player in my boat, four good speakers, and I can't even remember how to turn it on. Last time I turned it on it took me 10 minutes to figure out how to turn it off (you hold the "on" button for several seconds). Lots of buttons, menus and no manual. Don't need it at all.

Phil

Cuda
07-21-2004, 10:48 PM
That's great and all, but what do you do when you stop at the island/sand bar/party area? People must get kinda irritated listening to you running the engine for something to listen to. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

We rarely stop. When we do, there is always someone around with music going. The only time I miss it, is going through idle zones, but I can't really hear it in this boat anyway, unless it's up so high it's irritating. In my 242, it was set up so the exhaust was under the water at idle, it was great listening to music then.